Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1 Element + Electricity against Corpus?

Cyborg-Rox

Question

16 answers to this question

I typically use Magnetic (Cold and Electric) against Corpus to drop their shields quickly if I'm playing a high level mission. If I'm not I just use whatever build happens to be on the weapon I have with me when I start the mission as you need to go for a really long time for it to really matter. 

If you can find a way, I would always recommend Magnetic and Toxin damage, but if not just Magnetic will probably work well. 

Just now, Inarticulate said:

Add Cold to fuse it with the innate Electricity for Magnetic damage.

That said, why are you in a situation where you only have space for one elemental mod?

Vulklok. Using all 3 firerate mods, along with 2 crit mods. Though I guess I could possibly drop Shred for the Corpus build, as Corrosive will be more than fine against Grineer.

3 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

I can't put on single elements when the weapon already has innate elements, now can I?

You can however put Cold for Magnetic damage for the corpus shielding. You can also put Heat to change the weapon to Radiation to deal with Alloy / Proxies easier.

15 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

I have a weapon with base Electricity damage, and can only fit in one elemental mod into the build. What element do I use against Corpus? Cold? More Electricity?

I use gas with electric on amprex on saryn.  Is your limited slots due to no potato?  That really limits your potential.  I know most people don't want to potato every weapon but some weapons are well worth it.

yeah for Corpus there's interesting choices. since this is Vulklok (meaning good Status rate), we have even more options.

Viral+Elec is nice for the two Status Effects you get as well as dealing more Damage to the more durable Robits (which have lower Shield Capacity than the others).
Blast+Elec is useful for CC.
Magnetic is okay... but it'll only be effective at reducing the Shields of Enemies, and nothing else. i don't see it being worthwhile without anything to back it up for use aside from reducing Shields.
Radiation is okay, decent CC. will do eh Damage until their Shields are broken though.

I would try to re-mod the weapon for magnetic (cold/electric) and toxin damage. Drop shields quickly and deal damage right through them.

The only things that won't drop dead immediately will be moas, and since they don't use cover they're hardly a problem to deal with.

5 minutes ago, taiiat said:

yeah for Corpus there's interesting choices. since this is Vulklok (meaning good Status rate), we have even more options.

Viral+Elec is nice for the two Status Effects you get as well as dealing more Damage to the more durable Robits (which have lower Shield Capacity than the others).
Blast+Elec is useful for CC.
Magnetic is okay... but it'll only be effective at reducing the Shields of Enemies, and nothing else. i don't see it being worthwhile without anything to back it up for use aside from reducing Shields.
Radiation is okay, decent CC. will do eh Damage until their Shields are broken though.

I don't know, modding for status on a weapon that fires once every 2 seconds seems inefficient. I'd rather put on 90% elements and get as many 1-shot-kills as I can get.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

4 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

I don't know, modding for status on a weapon that fires once every 2 seconds seems inefficient. I'd rather put on 90% elements and get as many 1-shot-kills as I can get.

When modding the Vulklok for status (and having only one mod slot), it's entirely viable to use High Voltage (pure Electricity) or Thermite Rounds (Radiation) for the 40% chance to proc the respective crowd control effect.

1 hour ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

it would only be poo to try and get Corrosive Status for instance.

other Effects which will debuff with one Status Effect, is fine.
remember, the Status Chance is very high and it's an Elemental Weapon. so on almost every Shot will you get one of your desired Status Effects. as well as any Damaging Status Effects will get made effective due to being a Crit Weapon.