Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the mantis worth farming for?

spatakiller123

Question

Rare containers are a pain to farm....even when if i get all the mantis blueprints some parts still cost a pretty significant amount of resources to build (go look at the fuselage building requirements) At the end of the day, you get a landing craft with a med tower..is it worth all the effort and resources?

14 answers to this question

Well, for me, I bought the Scimitar, and I got the Mantis parts without actually farming for it, just that it took a long time. Turns out that after I crafted the Mantis, I regretted purchasing the Scimitar off the market. Good things take time to come by, and for me, the Mantis Landing Craft is one.

It is certainly not a priority, nor is it mandatory. It is something that is nice to have, mainly for fashionframe.

Edited by X3Evanescence

The Med-Tower is, honestly, more-reliable than health orbs... However, Life Strike, if you don't mind wasting your energy on melee channeling, is more-effective in the long run... Or you could get the, admittedly weak, Furis and the Winds of Purity mod, which gives Furis Life-Steal. Overall, it's up to you.

26 minutes ago, spatakiller123 said:

is it worth all the effort and resources?

Versus buying it with plat? Yeah, IMO it is worth it.  Just don't actively farm it.  I wasted days upon days of searching for this or that rare container in specific tilesets.  Getting into raids to search them out and so on.  Gave up after a week frustrated.  One day I realized I had all the parts and built it happily, thinking how lucky I was.  Then I saw this.

kV2Fmu9.jpg?1

Not as rare as you think, and I am probably the most casual player you'll ever meet.

The only Landing craft I would consider getting with plat is Xiphos, because **** the drop chance of those parts. I don't mind Sabotage missions and can easily find all the caches, but god **** I am tired of doing it again, and again, and again, and again, *5 hours later* and again, and again!

Other then that, Scimitar can be farmed rather easily, especially if you have those beacons from Baro.

And Mantis...just farm it passively, you will get it one day.

41 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Versus buying it with plat? Yeah, IMO it is worth it.  Just don't actively farm it.  I wasted days upon days of searching for this or that rare container in specific tilesets.  Getting into raids to search them out and so on.  Gave up after a week frustrated.  One day I realized I had all the parts and built it happily, thinking how lucky I was.  Then I saw this.

kV2Fmu9.jpg?1

Not as rare as you think, and I am probably the most casual player you'll ever meet.

I've never built up a full Mantis set and still haven't seen reinforced void containers ever. RNG be RNG. I bought Mantis when it was new and am happy with it. It and the Liset have the most useful Air Support abilities, the other 2 which I don't have (and not from a lack of trying either) have relatively boring/useless abilities IMO.

8 hours ago, spatakiller123 said:

Rare containers are a pain to farm....even when if i get all the mantis blueprints some parts still cost a pretty significant amount of resources to build (go look at the fuselage building requirements) At the end of the day, you get a landing craft with a med tower..is it worth all the effort and resources?

Short answer : no.