Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rage+ Quickt thinking combo?

VexisPhil

Question

Currently (Volt Pun)[heh another pun a Volt P-un] i have a post talking about Build opinions for my Volt P for The War Within and ive realized that i should sacrifice my range for a better more reliable mod,

since then ive thought about taking off Stretch... and i have and replaced it with Rage

Ive tested builds on Fisure missions without relics to test against a mixture of enemies of the Grineer Variant (in view of the War Within)

what i want to know is that , is the synergy between Rage and Quick Thinking a viable use of Mod space ... Sacrificing Range for Survivability since 40% of damage turned into energy to be drained by Quickthinking when damaged

all opinions appreciated

5 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

When you run out of health, quickthinking do not convert your energy into HP but directly use your energy, so rage is not affected by damages taken by your quick thinking.
It's no longer viable.

It's always been this way. The point is for Rage to fill up Energy, then when you have no health, that energy gets eaten instead. If it worked the way you suggest it'd be broken as hell as you'd never die and just keep gaining energy.

Edit: To answer the OP's question, Rage and Quick Thinking is a mandatory combo for me when I build a Warframe, everything else comes after that. It's a very useful combo for keeping any frame alive long enough to make a difference.

Edited by Cradicias

It's pretty good combo, especialy for melee playstyle. With high leveled flow it helps to survive in some dangerous situations.

Adding lifestal and high health frame is perfect for tanking, but if you're thinking more "in increase my frame's survivability" it's a good option if you're ready to sacrifice 2 slots.

Edited by MessoR

2 minutes ago, Cradicias said:

It's always been this way. The point is for Rage to fill up Energy, then when you have no health, that energy gets eaten instead. If it worked the way you suggest it'd be broken as hell as you'd never die and just keep gaining energy.

6 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

When you run out of health, quickthinking do not convert your energy into HP but directly use your energy, so rage is not affected by damages taken by your quick thinking.
It's no longer viable.

I undertand but what im saying is that 40% of DIRECT Damage taken from Enemies turns into energy which can then be used for Quickthinking to drain not the other way round

1 minute ago, Cradicias said:

Before an uptade a long time ago, Rage+Quick thinking was OP because energy was converted to health before be drain, but even if Quick thinking is working at 120%, Rage only work at 40% and it's result to only 0,48HP restored for 1HP lost. So, it's not making you invicible but still a bit too overpowered.

1 minute ago, MessoR said:

It's pretty good combo, especialy for melee playsyle. With high leveled flow it helps to survive in some dangerous situations.

Adding lifestal and high health frame is perfect for tanking, but if you're thinking more "in increase my frames survivability" it's a good option if you're ready to sacrifice 2 slots.

Already had Quickthinking as used slot and seemed like a need due to me dying just by the smallest tick of the bullet by 50+ enemies

Rage was imo the extra mod

It is very viable, especially on a tanky frame or one that has loads of energy.  Be sure to have Flow or Prime Flow in your build, so you can max out on your energy pool.  As you get hit, you will gain energy, and Quick Thinking will prevent you from dying by using your energy to give you health.  You cannot just stand there and get hit forever however, but it is good to keep you alive in a pinch so you can escape and either heal yourself or let your shields regen.  This works great with Medi-Ray on your sentinel as you can take lethal damage, have Quick Thinking give you just enough health to escape, and then let your sentinel heal you with Medi-Ray.

This combo works great on Rhino BTW, as it saves you from when your Iron Skin falls usually just enough to cast it again.

GREAT COMBO.

DANMAN

2 minutes ago, VexisPhil said:

I undertand but what im saying is that 40% of DIRECT Damage taken from Enemies turns into energy which can then be used for Quickthinking to drain not the other way round

Forgot to quote the other guy in my first response, fixed.

3 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Before an uptade a long time ago, Rage+Quick thinking was OP because energy was converted to health before be drain, but even if Quick thinking is working at 120%, Rage only work at 40% and it's result to only 0,48HP restored for 1HP lost. So, it's not making you invicible but still a bit too overpowered.

Again, it's never functioned this way. It's always been Rage gives Energy, Quick Thinking burns Energy when you reach 2 Health.

9 minutes ago, Cradicias said:

Edit: To answer the OP's question, Rage and Quick Thinking is a mandatory combo for me when I build a Warframe, everything else comes after that. It's a very useful combo for keeping any frame alive long enough to make a difference.

Actually it used to work the other way but it translated to something like 96% damage resistance and was altered for that reason.

Honestly if you're looking for a better combo in regards to energy my suggestion would be rage, lifestrike.  Take some health damage, get some energy than smack an enemy with a lifestrike to top yourself backoff.

Edited by Irorone

3 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

You could get 96% damage reduction before the patch, which is practically invincible. It was not just a bit overpowered, it was a lot overpowered hence why they changed it.

Just now, VexisPhil said:

Rage was imo the extra mod

If your build doesn't get useless by doing so then go with it.

Try to duplicate it to another loadout slot wigh and without rage, just to try it. Run simulation in the relay and try to kill same group of enemies with both loadouts to get the feeling wich suits you more.

The combo is really wonky (unreliable) in practice and is best when there's some way to get tiny bits of health, like leech furis, skills, lifestrike, etc, to take advantage of rage to always have some energy as insurance. Without health regen tools, it's more like a one time health reserve and you're most likely good with just having QT since energy is abundant.

My advice: play around with it some, two slots is a big deal and it might be better to work with his CC then anything. Besides war within isn't probably going to be late/endgame material, so it most likely isn't going to be needed (for most players). Tanking with Capacitance might net you more effect health overall.

When using rage + quick thinking I like to have at least vigor on top of that, because otherwise the rage doesn't acutally do anything.

On Volt I actually have redirection for defense. You have to be more careful, because you have less room for error when your shields are down, but shields are quite good when you have a lot and you don't get staggered.

7 minutes ago, Cradicias said:

Again, it's never functioned this way. It's always been Rage gives Energy, Quick Thinking burns Energy when you reach 2 Health.

Update 11.1 Reduced effectiveness of the interaction between Rage/Quick Thinking mods to prevent indefinite immortality in all game modes.

Previously Quick Thinking directly effected your hp.

1 minute ago, NoLife said:

Update 11.1 Reduced effectiveness of the interaction between Rage/Quick Thinking mods to prevent indefinite immortality in all game modes.

Previously Quick Thinking directly effected your hp.

But it never added HP. It was only a damage reduction. It's always been Rage = Energy, Quick Thinking  = Eats energy.

It's a combo which I've never found viable. I used it on one Oberon build to prevent one-shots, but I found that hit which completely drain your health don't give back energy. I've done lots of testing to confirm this. If Vitality and Primed Flow are on your build anyway, it would probably be quite the combo then, but that's already 4 slots taken without any boosts for your powers.