The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mandatory mods damage 3.0

GrimAtrament

iv heard that mandatory damage mods that basicly everyone puts on there builds is getting removed and placed on the weapon by defualt does this meen

no more Crutch projection? (corrosive projection) since meny treat it as mandatory?

while i dont hate the mod itself i do hate the "meta" around needing everyone to have it.

besides that mod

does that include other mods like

speed trigger or the crit chance mods.

besides the obvious ones like Serration point blank etc.

what makes a mod mandatory?

im guessing they are not removing hellfire and the other elemental damage mods since we just got Priemd Cryo Rounds unless that was a mistake like with. Primed Pressure Point

this is all speculation

Honestly most players will continue to use CP until the armor scaling gets fixed, as that's the main reason anyone uses it.

Speed Trigger and Crit mods will most likely stay, it's just the +base damage mods and (maybe) multi shot mods that are getting integrated into the weapons iirc. Course it has been a while since DE's talked about this so who knows.

I would like to see RNG crits and with them crit chance mods go honestly. Red crits are fun and for me feel iconic to Warframe, but I'd much prefer a locational damage system, or some means of taking the RNG out of it. It's on the low end of priorities though I think, gotta get rid of serration first!

The only thing that make a mod mandatory is when you build ALL WEAPONS with this mod.

So all serration/pointblank/hornet strike/pressure point, and all these multishot mods.

Other than that, no mod is "mandatory". Some will say "crit chance on a dread is mandatory", yeah because it's a crit weapon, but you can still play with other mods, but you won't play without serration.

And corrosive projection isn't mandatory... it's just clever to have this when you know how stoopid armor scaling is.

Speed trigger isn't mandatory either... I almost don't use that mod because I mostly don't play with high RoF weapons, nor want my weapons to get a better RoF (not always though)

many Mods end up being mandatory because their Statistical increases are so great that they outweigh any other choices you could make on most Equipment.

Warframe would greatly benefit from much more controlled Bonuses from Mods, to be able to give more interesting choices of choosing to weigh towards this Playstyle or that Playstyle or another Playstyle. Et Cetera.

ones that only fall into this on some Equipment aren't 'as mandatory' but they do still fall into a boat right next to it. similar result, just to a lesser degree.
as again - being mandatory is not only something you always Equip, but something you Equip because it is simply superior to other choices, period. and that's meh too, but lower down the list.

9 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Speed trigger isn't mandatory either... I almost don't use that mod because I mostly don't play with high RoF weapons, nor want my weapons to get a better RoF (not always though)

i think, it could become so if Lethal Torrent will disappear or become often unfavorable - as nobody is desiring to use a Speed Mod on most Secondary Weapons because they all end up with one by default. :)

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i think, it could become so if Lethal Torrent will disappear or become often unfavorable - as nobody is desiring to use a Speed Mod on most Secondary Weapons because they all end up with one by default. :)

They'll probably find something else than "multishot" to give to lethal torrent...

5 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

They'll probably find something else than "multishot" to give to lethal torrent...

maybe. just trying to be fair that we all often don't desire Rate of Fire because we already [currently] have it on there at all times anyways.

Edited by taiiat

I would prefer mods to be reserved for separate slots - like 2 mod slots for ammunition, 2 mods for stock/reciever, 1 mod for sights/barrel and so on.

So you cant just fit all the best things and top it off with 4 elementals.

May be do the same for frames - some mods are only for systems slots, some mods for chassis etc. Or may be even mod abilities separately from frames.

26 minutes ago, taiiat said:

maybe. just trying to be fair that we all often don't desire Rate of Fire because we already [currently] have it on there at all times anyways.

As I was saying, I don't want fire rate on my weapons most of the time. But multishot is so broken it's present on almost all builds.

That's why I said "multishot is considered mandatory, RoF mods aren't"

Mandatory mods:

Serration, Split Chamber.

Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent.

Point Blank, Hell's Chamber, Blaze.

Pressure Point.

(primed count the same as base, you use whichever you have depending on what Baro has brought while you were on.)

These are the mods with no substitutes, no alternative use cases, just flat out must-slots before starting to consider your actual build afterwards.  No matter the weapon.

Archwing mods are kinda meh.  If you're not potatoing (and why would you waste one just for archwing) you get more benefit from 2 elemental mods than you do from 1 ele and 1 base damage.  Mod costs and effects for archwing are wonky like that.

Edited by Callback

39 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

The only thing that make a mod mandatory is when you build ALL WEAPONS with this mod.

So all serration/pointblank/hornet strike/pressure point, and all these multishot mods.

Other than that, no mod is "mandatory". Some will say "crit chance on a dread is mandatory", yeah because it's a crit weapon, but you can still play with other mods, but you won't play without serration.

And corrosive projection isn't mandatory... it's just clever to have this when you know how stoopid armor scaling is.

The list of mandatory mods is: Base damage increase/Multi shot/ 4 elements and Status or Crit depending on the weapon stats and heavy caliber/speed increase where applicable. i.e what ever mods can max the damage output/dps of the weapon.

Best Idea remove all mods that increase damage and give weapons a consistent TTK and higher MR weapons = Better TTK

Anything else is just a band aid.

Just now, DxAdder said:

The list of mandatory mods is: Base damage increase/Multi shot/ 4 elements and Status or Crit depending on the weapon stats and heavy caliber/speed increase where applicable. i.e what ever mods can max the damage output/dps of the weapon.

Best Idea remove all mods that increase damage and give weapons a consistent TTK and higher MR weapons = Better TTK

Anything else is just a band aid.

Mandatory are mods that are ALWAYS applicable on EVERY weapon.

So crit mods aren't mandatory. It IS stupid to not use a crit mod on a 50% crit chance weapon, but it's not mandatory either.

And in my opinion the elemental mods should just convert a % of the damage into an element, not add damage to the weapon.

(TTK = ..?)

12 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Mandatory are mods that are ALWAYS applicable on EVERY weapon.

So crit mods aren't mandatory. It IS stupid to not use a crit mod on a 50% crit chance weapon, but it's not mandatory either.

And in my opinion the elemental mods should just convert a % of the damage into an element, not add damage to the weapon.

(TTK = ..?)

TTK = Time To Kill, as in how long it takes for you to kill an enemy.

1 hour ago, hazerddex said:

what makes a mod mandatory?

The raw-damage-increase mods on weapons, specifically Serration, Hornet Strike and Pressure Point. Since the only purpose of weapons is to deal damage, mods that purely just ramp the weapon's base capability to deal damage are absolutely required. The other mods (except maybe Multishot, though they could tweak this to be more of a pure on-hit effect thing), while you'll be taking many of them 100% of the time you play that weapon, effect the way you deal damage, and so not considered "mandatory" in this case. Not taking say, Crit Chance on a Crit weapon, is a bad idea, it's still an option you have available.

1 hour ago, Trichouette said:

but, there is literally no reason to not use them on a Weapon that has Crit Stats. even if you say, don't use Crit Mods on a Sniper Rifle to have consistent Damage per Shot - that still doesn't outweigh that your Weapon will perform better with them, period.
since with the Sniper Rifles as example, each Shot [currently] has a 85.9375% Chance to get a Crit, which... means basically never will your Damage be lower than if you weren't using Crit Mods.

no logical reason to not use them.
it's less mandatory than +Base Damage or Multishot... but it's still mandatory because there isn't any tangible statistical benefit to not using them. like i said earlier - it's mandatory... but to a lesser degree.

Edited by taiiat