Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Before I decide to dump some forma into Dual Toxocyst, does DE plan on removing their buff from Mesa's peacemaker

Souldrainr

Question

20 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

with good aim its partially one of the best dual secondary in the game

*Aim, patience and even an extra stability mod, on top of the buff it already gets.

33 minutes ago, Souldrainr said:

Don't want to dedicate forma to a weapon I might end up trashing due to a nerf.

I don't see it being too OP. After all, it won't work until you get a headshot with the pistols themselves and it doesn't last that long.

It was already nerfed, so the buff do not apply for the whole duration of PM, and last 6 secs only.
Afaik it's 4 forma only, so you can make them, but outside of peacemaker, they are useless.

Probably be nerfed not to affect peacemaker, cuz fun is not allowed...

32 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

*Aim, patience and even an extra stability mod, on top of the buff it already gets.

I don't see it being too OP. After all, it won't work until you get a headshot with the pistols themselves and it doesn't last that long.

i really think all secondary should have some  kind of headshot buff

i can see a combo xounter for body part rising damage if you pull out 5 shoot on the same spot would be great and promote skills

Just now, Tsoe said:

i really think all secondary should have some  kind of headshot buff

By that logic, why not the primary weapons as well? In case you didn't noticed, Primary, Secondary and Melee weapons weren't designed to be weaker or stronger than the other. In fact, there are tons of secondaries way more powerful than most primaries.

Dual Toxcyst are a pretty awful weapon.

If they were Elemental damage they would be good but a status weapon that's primarily puncture is at a server disadvantage from the start.  It needs to have a much higher base damage to compensate, similar to Marelok and being semi-auto means weapons like Akstiletto built for status will blow it's proc rate out of the water.

All the weapon really has going for it is ammo economy which any semi-auto pistol is going to have anyways.

You shouldn't really need to 100% buff for Peacemaker anyways. I mean if you want to min/max that's fine but I've taken her to lvl 300 solo without it.

3 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Dual Toxcyst are a pretty awful weapon.

If they were Elemental damage they would be good but a status weapon that's primarily puncture is at a server disadvantage from the start.  It needs to have a much higher base damage to compensate, similar to Marelok and being semi-auto means weapons like Akstiletto built for status will blow it's proc rate out of the water.

All the weapon really has going for it is ammo economy which any semi-auto pistol is going to have anyways.

You shouldn't really need to 100% buff for Peacemaker anyways. I mean if you want to min/max that's fine but I've taken her to lvl 300 solo without it.

I think you're using them wrong, because I can cream through enemies without struggle with them.

6 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

I think you're using them wrong, because I can cream through enemies without struggle with them.

What level enemies is the question....

I can use harsh language and enemies will die in the places most players hang out.