Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[spoilers] we should be able to reroll the weapon for the new mods

IggySnow

So the new riven mods let you re-roll the stats of the mod, but that doesn't really help when yours is for a really useless weapon you will never use in the first place. Would be really nice to have a second option to re-roll the weapon its for, maybe make it so it cost more kuva? idk just pretty disappointing since they aren't exactly easy to get ether.

Edited by HerpDerpy

1 minute ago, Raniu said:

I too want to say no.

These mods give some incentive to use underused weapons.

Also, I think we should wait for damage 3.0 and weapon rebalance before suggesting such changes.

good luck with that. DE has been talking about damage 3.0 forever. we wont be seeing that for years.

I have to agree. 

It was crushingly disappointing to do a rather tough challenge to unlock my quest reward riven mod... only to have it be for DETH MACHINE RIFLE. 

The stat roll on the mod was actually pretty good.  But, that's completely irrelevant when it's for FRIGGEN DETH MACHINE RIFLE and can't be rerolled. 

Extraordinarily disappointing.  Turned my one of a kind super cool quest reward into trash worth 23 endo.  Very, very bad for player experience.  Literally the only reason I will hang onto the mod instead of grinding into 23 endo is in the hopes DE recognizes how crap this is and lets us reroll the weapon type. 

And honestly... why are these capable of rolling sentinel weapons anyway?  Sentinel weapons don't open up any gameplay.  Even if I somehow magically rolled such a great deth machine rifle mod that it would be worth using over another sentinel weapon, that wouldn't make me happy in the least.  I wouldn't get any new experiences or gameplay out of the thing, I'd just gain a few dps on my sentinel... 

At least if I got, for instance, a mod for something like Buzlok, well, Buzlok may be terrible, but at least it's interesting. At least I'd be able to do something cool.  But a sentinel mod?  Come on DE...

Edited by Drinniol

Just now, xFrostKnightx said:

Lock the stats and let you re-roll weapon type? Sure.

Able to re-roll weapon type and stats seperatly? No. The whole point is to be used on weapons nobody will use, if you don't like what you got, you can always find somebody who has one for the weapon you're looking for. 

considering the cost of rerolling goes up every time you reroll the mod, I think its fair to be able to do both. since unless you get very lucky you will be spending forever getting the kuva. iv spent 4 hours farming and haven't even gotten any kuva yet, so some people would be spending 50-100-200 hours just to get a riven mod they are really happy with.

Just now, HerpDerpy said:

considering the cost of rerolling goes up every time you reroll the mod, I think its fair to be able to do both. since unless you get very lucky you will be spending forever getting the kuva. iv spent 4 hours farming and haven't even gotten any kuva yet, so some people would be spending 50-100-200 hours just to get a riven mod they are really happy with.

I got 4k in a couple runs on pluto. Really quick runs (if you don't count having to wait for the Kuva clouds).  Cost is hardly an issue when people figure out that there's a method to getting it to spawn more often. 
If you could easy swap stats and weapon then these mods are useless. Everybody will just re-roll onto the same "New op" weapon type and thats the only one they'll want to use. 

I got a bunch of status  affecting things on my mod for a hind, so yeah, completely agree OP.

It would be nice if it was for the weapon we had the mod on when we did the challenge. As opposed to a random junk weapon you won't have as it's a junk weapon and in this game we have to pay premium game currency to get slots, so junk weapons are sold after mastering.

Also why does the kuva cost go up when it appears you don't get any increased chance of getting better stats? That just feels cheap and very grindy.

I'm not even eager to farm kuva, considering how unpolished the process is, the clouds often don't spawn , energy lost on using operator etc.

Rolling for different weapon could make it worth, otherwise I'm not even gonna waste endo on maxing effin' Buzlok mod  lol

34 minutes ago, xFrostKnightx said:

Lock the stats and let you re-roll weapon type? Sure.

Able to re-roll weapon type and stats seperatly? No. The whole point is to be used on weapons nobody will use, if you don't like what you got, you can always find somebody who has one for the weapon you're looking for. 

I see only a problem with that.

And that problem is Primed Chamber's plat price big.

I saw a paris mod that increased damage and crit chance. The paris prime is a really good weapon, but with that mod it gets to a red crit killing machine. A riven mod like that will be either used or sold for a lot of plat.

I think these Riven mods should have something like an imprinting mechanism. Like if a place a Riven mod in my braton I will unveil a braton riven mod when I finish the challenge. At least people will actually use them. Right now you just stash them because they are rare, but they will go into the endo grinder sooner or later.

Also, there is a riven mod for the Simulor. I think it's completely random. There is surely nothing that says that these are to make shiz weapon better. So as far as it goes now the useless weapons will have useless riven mod that will be grinded into endo while you try and get a mod for a weapon you actually use.

1 minute ago, ShaneKahnnigan17 said:

I see only a problem with that.

And that problem is Primed Chamber's plat price big.

I saw a paris mod that increased damage and crit chance. The paris prime is a really good weapon, but with that mod it gets to a red crit killing machine. A riven mod like that will be either used or sold for a lot of plat.

I think these Riven mods should have something like an imprinting mechanism. Like if a place a Riven mod in my braton I will unveil a braton riven mod when I finish the challenge. At least people will actually use them. Right now you just stash them because they are rare, but they will go into the endo grinder sooner or later.

Also, there is a riven mod for the Simulor. I think it's completely random. There is surely nothing that says that these are to make shiz weapon better. So as far as it goes now the useless weapons will have useless riven mod that will be grinded into endo while you try and get a mod for a weapon you actually use.

exactly. even if I get +500% damage on a crapy weapon its still never going to be used when the weapons I do use do 5000% more damage

56 minutes ago, Raniu said:

Also, I think we should wait for damage 3.0 and weapon rebalance before suggesting such changes.

This is actually the time to press for changes. The way the Riven mods work will be an absolute nightmare to reconcile. Take a look at all the +% Base Damage mods that are starting to float around. "We" thought Primed Pressure Point was an issue before.... On top of that these mods, depending how much Kuva gets pumped in, will begin to represten a serious time investment on players parts.

If anything introducing the Riven mod system now, before a Damage 3.0, is a horrible idea. DE is shooting themselves in the foot from a redesign stand. The Damage system needed to be fixed first.