Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ummm, so, what now...? [SPOILER]

Devaldus

I finished the whole questline, like... all of it, in exactly 21 minutes including the boss fights and the cool dungeon crawling part with the giant worms
But seriously,

As soon as it got to the good part (where we would finally find out what our actions were leading up to) the quest just suddenly ends? like, it's basically just another huge, massive tease and as soon as the quest starts unfolding and kind of reaching for a climactic point it just dies out? :d 
It was great seeing my warframe getting stolen from me and (FINALLY) feeling threatened by the game like i was in danger of losing something, but the ending was super underwhelming for me to say the least, felt like an unfinished quest.
What's everyone else think? 

You must've rushed it to do it in 21 minutes. I know it's not that long but 21 minutes...? But if you say so. I remember it certainly took a while to walk up through the snow and what not and the archwing bits.

Either way it wasn't designed to be rushed. I know I enjoyed the moment considering it's taken so long to arrive and will likely be ages until we get another quest of its type.

Edited by Naith

1 minute ago, Naith said:

You must've rushed it to do it in 21 minutes. I know it's not long but 21 minutes...? But if you say so. I remember it certainly took a while to walk up through the snow and what not and the archwing bits.

Either way it wasn't designed to be rushed.

Yeah, i am guilty of that, but it was pretty straight-forward i thought. Go here, do this, kill this thing in other room, dodge traps, kill stuff, dodge traps, kill final boss haha

21 minutes for the quest? i take you didn't bother with the lore all to much and just wanted the experience and got a bug along the way oh well

the quest took me an hour to complete it was pretty good, but the longest part was the caverns first time round but that was because i wasn't paying attention to the void energy meter that much. but yeah it felt pretty straight forward and i can't wait to see what they do next

7 minutes ago, Devaldus said:

Yeah, i am guilty of that, but it was pretty straight-forward i thought. Go here, do this, kill this thing in other room, dodge traps, kill stuff, dodge traps, kill final boss haha

Yeah but I think the intention was to listen to what had to be said and whatnot.

5 minutes ago, Govictory said:

21 minutes for the quest? i take you didn't bother with the lore all to much and just wanted the experience and got a bug along the way oh well

the quest took me an hour to complete it was pretty good, but the longest part was the caverns first time round but that was because i wasn't paying attention to the void energy meter that much. but yeah it felt pretty straight forward and i can't wait to see what they do next

Yeah, in no ways am i whining about it, i think the story will unfold in a really cool way and i like what DE is pushing for, i was just waiting for a finished,epic adventure instead of just 40-50% of it uknowhaimean? :>

P.S
I realize a lot of work goes into this, the tilesets and new effects look stunning as hell too

Edited by Devaldus
P.S

1 hour ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

So....that part at the end when your operator suddenly gets a different dark voice if you empty the heart...the fudge was that even. QUESTIONS! Perhaps a tease to Umbra? (The dark side of the Tenno is what makes Umbra a thing).

I just hope they keep the patches coming and coming with new content the next few weeks/months and not give it a huge wait again :) 

1 hour ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

So....that part at the end when your operator suddenly gets a different dark voice if you empty the heart...the fudge was that even. QUESTIONS! Perhaps a tease to Umbra? (The dark side of the Tenno is what makes Umbra a thing).

i think its the void talking to you, or prehaps an alien something that gave you your void powers? 

10 minutes ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

Could be...but i like to think it's a little teaser like TWW was teased by the Lotus in TSD.

its clearly a teaser. 

I was hoping the war-frames where gonna do more in this quest, being it kept going on about them being puppets on tenno strings etc. 

like with your transference removed they take a mind of their own and you have to deal with that as well, and they either help or hindered you depending on your choices or something. (a quest for another time perhaps lol.)

I definitely feel DE could have made more out of this quest than they did, they finally introduce us to the twin queens, women that have been built up for ages as the big shots of the grineer faction, and instead of presenting them as these terrifying powerful and crafty rulers they wound up as just a couple of lunatics who were all bark and no bite. The majority of the brief struggle we had with them (or really just the older queen) happened in the mind, of which during there was no real perceived danger from them, she would jump in a banter every once in a while, but for most part it felt more like a stroll down memory lane than the violent invasion of a twisted mind into our phsyce, and then at the end we managed to dispatch her in a physical bout with little to no effort and that was it. I mean seriously, we finally get to meet the big shots of the grineer and we immediately defeat one of them, and the other does nothing, that is so far from the impact i was expecting coming into the quest. And that is all without exploring the mega convenience that was our operator developing the sudden ability to insta warp to an inactive frame to get around the obstacle of having to find them again. 

46 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

I definitely feel DE could have made more out of this quest than they did, they finally introduce us to the twin queens, women that have been built up for ages as the big shots of the grineer faction, and instead of presenting them as these terrifying powerful and crafty rulers they wound up as just a couple of lunatics who were all bark and no bite. The majority of the brief struggle we had with them (or really just the older queen) happened in the mind, of which during there was no real perceived danger from them, she would jump in a banter every once in a while, but for most part it felt more like a stroll down memory lane than the violent invasion of a twisted mind into our phsyce, and then at the end we managed to dispatch her in a physical bout with little to no effort and that was it. I mean seriously, we finally get to meet the big shots of the grineer and we immediately defeat one of them, and the other does nothing, that is so far from the impact i was expecting coming into the quest. And that is all without exploring the mega convenience that was our operator developing the sudden ability to insta warp to an inactive frame to get around the obstacle of having to find them again. 

I took all of that to be a representation of what the Orokin were and always have been. When we look back upon their works and learn about their technology they're framed as this incredibly powerful Empire that ruled with a gilded ivory fist. From the outside it appears so, but from the inside the Orokin were corrupt, weak, and cowardly. Their lifestyle made them pompous, egotistical, and self-centered in the extreme. The Twin Queens, in iron and crimson, reflect what the Orokin once were and they give us an easily identifiable reason for why the Tenno destroyed the Orokin in the first place.

9 minutes ago, Mints said:

I took all of that to be a representation of what the Orokin were and always have been. When we look back upon their works and learn about their technology they're framed as this incredibly powerful Empire that ruled with a gilded ivory fist. From the outside it appears so, but from the inside the Orokin were corrupt, weak, and cowardly. Their lifestyle made them pompous, egotistical, and self-centered in the extreme. The Twin Queens, in iron and crimson, reflect what the Orokin once were and they give us an easily identifiable reason for why the Tenno destroyed the Orokin in the first place.

Perhaps, but I still feel it would have been more impacting to actually make something of the queens, that just some token figures to quickly dispatch like any other boss. Closing their chapter this quick just feel like burning future bridges. 

2 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

Perhaps, but I still feel it would have been more impacting to actually make something of the queens, that just some token figures to quickly dispatch like any other boss. Closing their chapter this quick just feel like burning future bridges. 

Well I'm not entirely sure how individual choices might affect the plot, but I really doubt this is the last we'll see of Worm. From what I've gathered she's more cautious and slightly less unhinged compared to the Elder Queen. Underestimating her based on her appearance and naive demeanor would be a mistake. She is centuries old, cruel, and has the single largest military power in the system under her command.

9 minutes ago, Mints said:

Well I'm not entirely sure how individual choices might affect the plot, but I really doubt this is the last we'll see of Worm. From what I've gathered she's more cautious and slightly less unhinged compared to the Elder Queen. Underestimating her based on her appearance and naive demeanor would be a mistake. She is centuries old, cruel, and has the single largest military power in the system under her command.

I'm not trying to speak on behalf of Worm, yeah we'll probably/most definitely see her again, and perhaps she'll be a more prominent character than her sister, but the shame is that they decided to forgo that for the other queen. The elder queen could have been a magnificent character, and could have driven a rich storyline, but instead she was cut down to an hour long quest and then tossed in the trash with no real lasting impact, when she could have been way more. And this isn't necessarily a new thing, in the second dream the stalker was pretty trivialized as well, he just popped up out of nowhere, partnered with hunhow for unclear reasons, fought us twice, and went poof. Of course that was okay because it was DE's first try at this sort of thing, and at least that story was open to expansion in the future, but this one is less so, and I just don't want DE to make a habit of blazing through what could be very rich plots and very enticing characters. 

5 hours ago, SeaUrchins said:

Frankly I expected something epic, like a war within Tenno ranks and a split between pro and anti Lotus factions.

I also expected this, it seemed like things were leading up to this with the whole "Sun & Moon" , epic evil against good thing building up. To reply to the other posts i thought the elder queen fight was soo underwhelming exactly because of what some of you guys said above. At first we made her look like this menacing, cold & calculated, manipulative & mysterious persona and then she just ends up being an old hag with an evil vengeance plot from a kid's cartoon that dies in 2-3 minutes. :c