Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS] So... did we just encounter Umbra? (TWW Story Spoilers)

DaiDragon

OP could have something going on here...

I forget where, but I remember a theory about the Zariman adults transforming/being transformed into the Warframes. That would include our Operator's dad. Either way, this leaves us with four voice lines:

Father: "Something is out there, kiddo, watching us."
Chaotic path: "Hey kiddo, what took you so long?"
Neutral path: "Don't forget, kiddo, you're nothing without me."
Peaceful path: "You mad at me, kiddo? Did you forget? You owe me."

I noticed here the more chaotic pathways lead to friendlier voice lines at the end. A violent end to the Zariman adults is confirmed, which seems correlative to this hypothetical relationship between our father and the ending voice lines: If we follow a pathway as severe as the adults' experience, our father is kinder to us, for in his twisted mind he loves hate and hates love. Or, something. Similarly, friendlier choices seem to slap our father in the face, as we reject him and the chaotic lifestyle that perpetuated on the ship.

That being said, if the adults turned to Warframes, and if they were chaotic (which Rhino Prime's codex entry seems to confirm), I'd say it's likely there's a critical kinship between these four voice lines...And they might forebode a vile nature of our golem puppets.

11 hours ago, Iamnotanoob said:

Its still a theory but has been mentioned several times over the forums and at some stream steve himself mentioned this(I'm not sure)

Steve never ever said any of that headcanon, born from people salty about Operators, being true.

12 hours ago, Iamnotanoob said:

Umbras are frames with no operator .

Stalker is a possible umbra.

They are rogue frames who either killed thier operator or were able to disconnect from transferrance and have a mind of ther own.

There is a little to no possibility that our dad is/becomes umbra.

Like literally none of that was confirmed.

Steve said, Umbra Warframes are the dark and twisted versions of a Prime. It's basically the dark side.

11 minutes ago, Vilmu said:

No matter the choises, the voice always refers to you as a 'kiddo'. Your father also calls you kiddo in the memories during the quest. Coincidence? Well, I don't know, but while you say that stuff at the end, your eyes turn kinda void-like and there is this void mist all around you. Perhaps void is a limbo between death and life or something? Could be the void talking, could someone within the void. For some reason that "kiddo" part doesn't sound like what a warframe would say, at least in my opinion. Also, you get your powers from the void (void blast, void dash etc.), so "you're nothing without me" is something the void (or someone from void) would say. Without the powers you couldn't control warframes.

Well, that's how I see it anyway.

Exactly...On point

Just now, Arniox said:

he doesn't say this for me. He said: Hey kiddo. What took so long?

He says that part (something is out there kiddo, watching us) in earlier part of the quest, while you're in the cave remembering stuff. I think it was either the very first or second thing your operator remembers in there.

1 minute ago, Arniox said:

he doesn't say this for me. He said: Hey kiddo. What took so long?

That line was mentioned in the middle of the quest when you start regaining your powers may be either during the first or the second stage, most possibly first one, but not at the very end.

Just now, AhmadIvu said:

That line was mentioned in the middle of the quest when you start regaining your powers may be either during the first or the second stage, most possibly first one, but not at the very end.

I might have missed it then :(

13 hours ago, Iamnotanoob said:

Umbras are frames with no operator .

Stalker is a possible umbra.

They are rogue frames who either killed thier operator or were able to disconnect from transferrance and have a mind of ther own.

There is a little to no possibility that our dad is/becomes umbra.

Oh god I hope that's true.

My theory would be umbra being frames that have been consumed by void energy. As you might have seen from Rhino P codex the children themselves can't control void energy. You could say it as kinda like void poisoning.

Now, Let's talk about Void. We have only ever fought corrupted enemies who are controlled by Tower Neural Sentries. But who is the one who created and controlled the neural sentries themselves. Now some might say Orokin. Which i would say partly true. If you know sentient backstory you will know that sentients can't tolerate void energy.

Then why did not the upper echelons of Orokin run into the void?

Answer is simple: Void was never theirs.

Think of it as a business treaty between Orokin and Void Rulers(lets just call them that for now shall we?). Void allowed Orokin to use its power in return for technology that can properly harness the void energy.

Now coming back to point. Rhino P codex: he rampaged due to not being able to control the void energy.

Now adults did go mad from void poisoning, but children did not. But, Rhino P codex says otherwise doesn't it?

What if we are also not immune to void energy? What if even we can be corrupted?

And that's what Umbra is.

Traditional void energy doesn't effect us. Kinda one could say gain immunity from it by having a small amount of void poisoning already in body?

What if the counter balance/ the yin/yang of traditional void energy? If void is light umbra is dark.

You can also see the hints of it TWW with the yin/yang meter.

The Umbra energy is wielded by the Void Ruler's. And one could say they too tried to create their own version of warframes which was then called umbra.

Thus TL;DR: Umbra is basically another form of energy polar opposite to void. Which is what fuels the umbra frames instead of void energy.

15 hours ago, Dawn11715 said:

nice Theorie but, do you got a source fro this?

Few months ago was a leak from patch files with tww script with bunch of lore.

Btw that's why Tww was so much delayed and we will get umbra in U 20.

Edited by Whit3Powd3R
Deleted some stuff.pm if u wanna know more

20 minutes ago, shadowfire380 said:

@SharkPot last time I checked there has never been anything said about any civilization in the void. And the proline ran into the void because they knew sentients couldn't get in. And we know all the stuff in the void tile set in orokin because it tells is several times.

1.If Void is truly Orokin, why did they not evacuate to it when they knew sentients couldn't touch them?

2. If Void is just a place who decided to revive Captain Vor?

3.If Void is just an Orokin territory Why the Twin Queen's not control it when they are clearly Orokin?

My final quote: " I was cut in half, destroyed, but through its Janus Key, the Void called to me. It brought me here and here I was reborn."

"We cannot blame these creatures, they are being led by a false prophet, an impostor who knows not the secrets of the Void."

I think we should stop seeing this with a closed mind and see the larger picture.

Edited by SharkPot

Here is my thoughts on the matter: The voice at the end is NOT the Void or Operators Father. Remeber how during Silver Grove quest we got info that Transference was used as therapy? What if children on Zariman ALSO went mad, not AS mad as adults did, but still not entirely sane either. What if the voice is Operators suppresed personality developed due to Void radiation?
Also this phrase doesn't make sense: "You are nothing without me, kiddo." Think about it - it can't be Operator father - Operator is a freaking murder machine with Void knows how many years of intense combat expirience. It's also NOT Warframe - my Operator beating the snot out of Grineers most elite guardians and effing up one of the Queens attempt at mental domination and in essence effing up her too proves that he does NOT requie Warframe to kill and kill effectively.
The ending of the quest too heavily reminds me of one character from Gundam 00 - Allelujah/Hallelujah (first personality is ore calm and soft while the second is cocky murderos pshycopath).

Edited by HorridaMessor

40 minutes ago, HorridaMessor said:

Also this phrase doesn't make sense: "You are nothing without me, kiddo." Think about it - it can't be Operator father - Operator is a freaking murder machine with Void knows how many years of intense combat expirience. It's also NOT Warframe - my Operator beating the snot out of Grineers most elite guardians and effing up one of the Queens attempt at mental domination and in essence effing up her too proves that he does NOT requie Warframe to kill and kill effectively.

Would've loved to see a fight between Teshin and our Operator just to assess whether we could defeat the Queen without Warframe... :)

Thanks guys for all the theories, now I want to replay TWW to look for details we may have missed...

Edited by Chewarette

IMHO...

TWW was obviously about the battle for the Operators body as the Elder Queen burrowed into their minds using the Kuva Staff and the Transference link.

Secondarily it was about the Tenno reviving their blocked memories and thus the full horror of what had happened to them, leaving them more open to the madness of the void (The Night Alignment) or retaining their humanity (The Day Alignment)

The "Spooky voice" is supposed to allude to the Tenno's father and is most likely representative of a corrupting "presence" in the Void, The same thing that turned the adults on the Zariman against their children.

I think Kuva is related to this "void taint" and is probably a refined version the same thing that powers the Tenno. The younger Queen states that she "can't wait to see your ugly face again" (Referring to her sister) if you fail to destroy a Kuva siphon, indicating that the Kuva can not only make you immortal, but literally resurrect you.

I think this is all about controlling and exploiting dangerous void entities. I don't know if they're inherently "evil" (by our reckoning) or if we'll find out that "The are what we make them" and that the Orokin Kuva process is just inherently bad.

And Umbra? I think that will be a Warframe who's Tenno has lost their sense of self to the Void madness and that spirit now drives the Warframe.

Edited by SilentMobius

I think the voice at the end is...ballas. we know now how the transference fuction, and we know (looking at the response in base of the aligment) the voice is more of the dark side of morality. We dream of being in another body and we can control it, the method of defeating kuva Guardian in dashing trough them interrupting the Queen influence to kill them, so...what if ballas is the entity who control our void powers trough transference? It will explain how we can effectively control void powers. A will who live in the void cohexistencing with it and canalizing it in all tipe of manners.