Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILER] [GUIDE] How to solo farm Kuva the easy way

KingTaro

Question

One way to do it is using max range Frost:

1. Build a max range Frost (Prime). My build is at the end of the video (at 5:12).

2. OPTIONAL: Equip the Zenurik Focus ( and/or use Energy Pods). You'll lose all energy each time your Operator dies, so a quick way to replenish energy is advised.

3. Go to a mission that spawns Kuva Siphons (I prefer Rusalka on Sedna). Run around in the mission until you encounter the Kuva Siphon.

4. Drop 3 to 4 Snow Globes around the Kuba Siphon. Note that the Globes even slow down the Kuva Energie. This gives you more than enough time to collect it.

5. When the Kuva Energy (it's that red cloud you can see at 3:33) spawns, you'll hear a spooky sound.

6. Dash with your Operator into the Kuva Energy to collect it. (Hold crouch then jump with Operator to perform a Dash)

BONUS: Kill the Kuva Guardians to get some nice mods and the parts for the new Melee weapon, Orvius.

To kill the Kuva Guardians, switch to the Operator, stun them with melee key and then dash into them. This will make them vulnerable to all damage. You can then switch back to your Warframe to finish them.

After doing a few runs yesterday with a clanmate, I can also advise people to use a Range/Duration Night-quinox build, as Rest will affect the Kuva Guardians and the Jesters, as well as any other enemies which might spawn. (Barring ol' Stalky, ofc.)

Inaros can also be a good choice, because the odds of your 'frame going down while in operator mode is essentially zero.

Hmm... The fact that both Snow Globe and Ice Wave Impedance both work vs the Kuva could also be interpreted to imply that things like Volt's ult could potentially work on it.

As best I can tell, it seems like the Kuva Guardians are only immune to damage at first, but many types of CC abilities still affect them. (Mind you, CC stemming from status procs probably wouldn't work, as they're immune to damage.)

I think the battle in the Queens' Chamber might've been a bit of a red-herring in regards to whether the Kuva Guardians are *entirely* immune to our Warframes...or just to damage in general. Don't forget, the Chamber itself nullified our WF powers.

23 hours ago, KingTaro said:

No, you only get notified when you're close enough to the Kuva Siphon.
I'd suggest you try Rusalka on Sedna. So far, I've had the Siphon spawn every single time.

- Rusalka on Sedna. Make sure you run around a bit.
- I did scan them, but they don't seem to appear in the Codex for me.

No, but I do run off track here and there.

All in all, concerning the spawn rate.
I have a feeling that they spawn in every mission, but you just need to get close enough to the Siphon for it to trigger.
So far, they spawned every time I ran the Rusalka capture mission on Sedna. Note that I always ran the mission solo. So perhaps they don't spawn if there is anyone in your team that hasn't completed TWW.

Hah, thanks!

@Shreiko @Xekrin You're welcome! Glad I could help.

Do you avoid capturing the target until they spawn, or can they spawn after you perform the capture?  I tend to instantly capture and I have never seen one on the way to extraction afterwards.  I find them more often in other mission types where I have to visit more of the level before extraction becomes available.

P.S.  As for CC, chaos works on the kuva clouds and makes them stop rushing the siphon.  Works on the guardians too.

Edited by Callback

3 hours ago, Callback said:

Do you avoid capturing the target until they spawn, or can they spawn after you perform the capture?  I tend to instantly capture and I have never seen one on the way to extraction afterwards.  I find them more often in other mission types where I have to visit more of the level before extraction becomes available.

P.S.  As for CC, chaos works on the kuva clouds and makes them stop rushing the siphon.  Works on the guardians too.

I have encountered the siphon several times on the way to extraction. 

Also, did a few runs as Loki in solo, you do waste a couple of revives but I think I prefer it to Frost as I can just stay invisible and focus on the clouds, the risk to die is only after you crashed the could with the operator. 

21 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

Sorry but point 1 is not correct. 

So far I farmed Kuva in Titania-Uranus but sadly not in Rusalka. The fact seeming not correct to you is somehow working for me just as I spawn on the sea surface and then go down in deep twice to reach the lower levels. For me whenever there was a siphon the screen turned reddish from the very beginning and the red marker appeared only when I was close enough and this is why I stated 'based on my experience' while I commented. Could be a bug or whatever but the sensor radius for the siphon is big enough that it'll get triggered anyhow even if you maintain your route to objective-extraction only regardless of searching for them elsewhere.

20 minutes ago, Athe3na said:

Rusalka is being occupied by Corpus now and don't seem to spawn Kuva anymore.

My first run on it an hour or so ago when it was listed as Corpus had kuva in it. Just tried a few more runs and haven't gotten any Kuva again though (still corpus). 

12 hours ago, Callback said:

35 minutes ago, TenHorned1 said:

Rumor has it the double affinity booster actually works with kuvas .. anyone knows if it's true?

PS: I tend to refer to kuvas as courics for some obvious reasons :)

Affinity has nothing to do with Kuva, though the double resources booster works with the amount of Kuva you get. 

10 minutes ago, TenHorned1 said:

Yes that one... i was in a hurry and got mixed up, thanks.

No prob. You get around 1200 Kuva per run with the booster, which is not that bad. 

Though, I think that mods should be rerolled until they take 2500 Kuva, then it's probably better to just buy/find another mod. 

On 11/13/2016 at 3:02 PM, Irorone said:

Yeah just ran into one NEW problem with kuva siphons, the clouds literally turned invisible a 1/4 of the way through, couldn't dash the kuva even when I knew the general direction from the siphon.

Try using nova. molecular prime might put particle effects on it.it works on manic when they go invisable.

I run the same mission, it's hit or miss with it spawning. I've gone 20 runs nothing, then the next 10 in a row had one.

I solo with a rhino prime eff, str, speed build. I use radiation ignis and atmos. It's pretty dang easy to solo this with this setup as rad melts the bigger units and ignis just melts half the room.

Iron skin with a 280% str build pretty much wont ever drop off you until you use operator mode to kill the ladies so make sure to reapply right after.

On November 14, 2016 at 1:26 PM, cittran said:

After doing a few runs yesterday with a clanmate, I can also advise people to use a Range/Duration Night-quinox build, as Rest will affect the Kuva Guardians and the Jesters, as well as any other enemies which might spawn. (Barring ol' Stalky, ofc.)

Inaros can also be a good choice, because the odds of your 'frame going down while in operator mode is essentially zero.

Hmm... The fact that both Snow Globe and Ice Wave Impedance both work vs the Kuva could also be interpreted to imply that things like Volt's ult could potentially work on it.

As best I can tell, it seems like the Kuva Guardians are only immune to damage at first, but many types of CC abilities still affect them. (Mind you, CC stemming from status procs probably wouldn't work, as they're immune to damage.)

I think the battle in the Queens' Chamber might've been a bit of a red-herring in regards to whether the Kuva Guardians are *entirely* immune to our Warframes...or just to damage in general. Don't forget, the Chamber itself nullified our WF powers.

Can anyone confirm this?  Making KdT dance for 8-9 seconds in Rathuum was hilarious.  My 250 range Volt is ready if it works.

On 11/13/2016 at 0:42 PM, KingTaro said:

One way to do it is using max range Frost:

1. Build a max range Frost (Prime). My build is at the end of the video (at 5:12).

2. OPTIONAL: Equip the Zenurik Focus ( and/or use Energy Pods). You'll lose all energy each time your Operator dies, so a quick way to replenish energy is advised.

3. Go to a mission that spawns Kuva Siphons (I prefer Rusalka on Sedna). Run around in the mission until you encounter the Kuva Siphon.

4. Drop 3 to 4 Snow Globes around the Kuba Siphon. Note that the Globes even slow down the Kuva Energie. This gives you more than enough time to collect it.

5. When the Kuva Energy (it's that red cloud you can see at 3:33) spawns, you'll hear a spooky sound.

6. Dash with your Operator into the Kuva Energy to collect it. (Hold crouch then jump with Operator to perform a Dash)

BONUS: Kill the Kuva Guardians to get some nice mods and the parts for the new Melee weapon, Orvius.

To kill the Kuva Guardians, switch to the Operator, stun them with melee key and then dash into them. This will make them vulnerable to all damage. You can then switch back to your Warframe to finish them.

What build is your orthos prime

Edited by (XB1)Apocalypse4290