Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beware of Riven Mod Scam

-HAKUNA-YOUR-TATAS-

2 hours ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

This.

People are selling veiled mods after rerolling them.

Honestly I don't see why that's a problem. If you're willing to spend platinum on these things you might as well buy a good one. Buying riven mods for specific weapons just so that you can farm to get better stats on them is an awful strategy. In the long run you'll waste a lot more time grinding for kuva and completing the riven missions then actually farming these mods through sorties or by grinding for plat to get them.

9 minutes ago, EyeLaikCheez said:

Honestly I don't see why that's a problem. If you're willing to spend platinum on these things you might as well buy a good one. Buying riven mods for specific weapons just so that you can farm to get better stats on them is an awful strategy. In the long run you'll waste a lot more time grinding for kuva and completing the riven missions then actually farming these mods through sorties or by grinding for plat to get them.

Yeah but not everyone knows that and also, the issue is that some of these unveiled mods have been re-rolled to oblivion or for undesirable weapons.  There's a deficiency in how the mods are shown during trading that needs to be worked on.

Your points are very good and true though.  ;)

1 hour ago, ViS4GE said:

I went up to 5800 kuva cost on 1 mod, then I sold it ^

Apparently it scales forever

Sad thing is that I sold a riven mod that was scaled to 3500 kuva without knowing that it continues to scale, I kinda feel bad about it now.

4 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

I would highly advise against buying and selling or doing anything with Riven mods.

I suspect DE is going to roll out some major fixes and changes to these mods in the coming weeks that could potentially remove or change some of their stats.

That would be disastrous.  Some people (and yeah I think they're smoking crack to be doing so) are spending like 7000 plat for "god rolls" on various Sybaris and Tonkor mods.  While it's their own choosing, I could imagine the community would implode with rage.  XD

Just now, sushidubya said:

That would be disastrous.  Some people (and yeah I think they're smoking crack to be doing so) are spending like 7000 plat for "god rolls" on various Sybaris and Tonkor mods.  While it's their own choosing, I could imagine the community would implode with rage.  XD

Well it can't be helped.

Some of these mods are just plain ridiculous and should never have made it into the game.

Anyone could see that they were broken as hell and were eventually going to be fixed.

Just now, Tricky5hift said:

Well it can't be helped.

Some of these mods are just plain ridiculous and should never have made it into the game.

Anyone could see that they were broken as hell and were eventually going to be fixed.

Yeah, well...  personally while I have spent plat buying good mods, I haven't spent too much (I tapped out at 1k for one particular one, and even that one I feel is too much) because weapons like the Synoid Simulor are public enemy number one on the nerfherder agenda.  XD

All I know is that DE needs to think about the those who don't have lots of plat to trade and those that are extremely RNG unlucky.  It's really not fair to them.  Thanks for your input, but there are other threads about that and this thread is about the scams happening with these mods.

5 hours ago, Xgomme said:

The real scam is with reroll cost... You have 0 clue on how many rerolls the seller made before

tbh, I would only buy a riven mod if the stats were good. Otherwise, even if the mod has a great name, it could have been rerolled 50 times over and it'll f**k you over in the long run.

4 hours ago, sushidubya said:

I respect your opinion of course, but the spirit of F2P games is maintained by trading.  A player like me who has a job, but less time to farm due to family, etc. can reward another player who was lucky, or farmed their butt off for something and doesn't want to/or have money to buy platinum.

Trading is a good thing for this game, but that's a different subject altogether and moving off topic from the types of scams that can occur from trading these things.

;)

Well, the rng nature and being able to re-roll is a problem.

If as suggested, there be a limit that only Riven mods that have not spent Kuva can be traded, and those mods that have spent Kuva to re-roll must then be treated like special weapons and cannot be traded; then I'd actually agree with you.

Otherwise, I'd stick to my earlier position on Riven mods.

4 minutes ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Well, the rng nature and being able to re-roll is a problem.

If as suggested, there be a limit that only Riven mods that have not spent Kuva can be traded, and those mods that have spent Kuva to re-roll must then be treated like special weapons and cannot be traded; then I'd actually agree with you.

Otherwise, I'd stick to my earlier position on Riven mods.

Well that wouldn't work out well for those who were unlucky and wanted to try their luck in re-rolling in hope of getting a better mod to sell.  Personally if I found a god mod that has a 1,000,000 kuva cost I wouldn't care because I don't need to re-roll anyways. The point others are trying to make here is that there's no system in place to show buyers how many times a mod has been re-rolled or if an unveiled mod has ever been unveiled before.

Edited by sushidubya

Just now, sushidubya said:

Well that wouldn't work out well for those who were unlucky and wanted to try their luck in re-rolling in hope of getting a better mod to sell.  Personally if I found a god mod that has a 1,000,000 kuva cost I wouldn't care because I don't need to re-roll anyways. The point others are trying to make here is that there's no system in place to show buyers how many times a mod has been re-rolled or if an unveiled mod has ever been unveiled before.

So maybe the simplest solution would be to have re-roll count reset on a sale. That way it doesn't affect the buyer on say a Veiled Mod that's been re-rolled.

Or staying with brainstorming solutions, have Kuva be a constant price on re-rolls, run a script to refund multiple re-rolls and/or have an updating icon (like Forma count) tracking the number of re-rolls.

17 minutes ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

So maybe the simplest solution would be to have re-roll count reset on a sale. That way it doesn't affect the buyer on say a Veiled Mod that's been re-rolled.

Or staying with brainstorming solutions, have Kuva be a constant price on re-rolls, run a script to refund multiple re-rolls and/or have an updating icon (like Forma count) tracking the number of re-rolls.

I think this is a great idea.  That would really fix the issue of kuva cost.  :)

The previously unveiled mode being indistinguishable from a truly never unveiled mod is a tricky situation though.