Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beware of Riven Mod Scam

-HAKUNA-YOUR-TATAS-

Greetings Fellow Tenno!

Sorry I cannot/shouldn't use PSA tag, but I think a mod might help to if deemed appropriate.

I'm writing to let you know about a type of scam existing with Riven Mods.  Not naming and shaming anyone here.

Yesterday on Trade Chat I saw a riven mod being offered for Braton with multishot and two elemental damage bonuses.

I contacted seller and made an offer, the offer was accepted.  However, when the actual trade was happening, I noticed something different about the Braton Riven mod, while it had multishot and two elemental bonuses, the elementals were different and the base multishot stat was lower than the one I first saw on trade chat.

Luckily I noticed this and backed out of the trade.  Be careful when accepting trades for these riven mods.

Good luck and happy warframing to you all.

=)

Edited by sushidubya

Just now, sushidubya said:

Greetings Fellow Tenno!

Sorry I cannot/shouldn't use PSA tag, but I think a mod might help to if deemed appropriate.

I'm writing to let you know about a type of scam existing with Riven Mods.  Not naming and shaming anyone here.

Yesterday on Trade Chat I saw a riven mod being offered for Braton with multishot and two elemental damage bonuses.

I contacted seller and made an offer, the offer was accepted.  However, when the actual trade was happening, I noticed something different about the Braton Riven mod, while it had multishot and two elemental bonuses the elementals were different and the base multishot stat was lower than the one I first saw on trade chat.

Luckily I noticed this and backed out of the trade.  Be careful when accepting trades for these riven mods.

Good luck and happy warframing to you all.

=)

So in other words, business as normal?

This is part of normal trading, you have to watch them like a hawk.

Another thing - Kuva cost. Be careful getting any "bad" mods and hoping for rerolling them because it may cost plenty of kuva (addition: yes, it stays for every owner and proceeds to grow up)

Also be careful buying closed mods, hoping for a jackpot. It can be a rerolled mod of some crappy weapon, which a player wants to rid of.

Edited by texrei

It was brought up in another thread, but it's worth noting again:

It's possible to return a Riven mod to Veiled Status to trade. The scam here is that the weapon will never change. So people purchase a Veiled Riven mod *thinking* that they'll have a chance at a really good weapon, but it's likely just a Paracyst Mod that's been returned to Veiled status.

Until this is changed, never buy Veiled Mods.

23 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Dude...What if i told you that Seller posted MAXED stats ...But mod was actually unranked and what you saw was lvl 0 stats. 

You're all like...

what-if-i-told-you.jpg

Dude...  I'd know the difference.  XD

The base stat was like 11.4% on the one I saw, but the one during the trade had 7.x%, also, that wouldn't explain why the elements were different.

Thanks for your reply though!  I'm just trying to let other Tenno be aware of such thing.  ;)

22 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

It's possible to return a Riven mod to Veiled Status to trade. The scam here is that the weapon will never change. So people purchase a Veiled Riven mod *thinking* that they'll have a chance at a really good weapon, but it's likely just a Paracyst Mod that's been returned to Veiled status.

Whoa Bunny, that's crazy!  Thanks for your addition to this thread.  ;)

1 minute ago, sushidubya said:

You're all like...

what-if-i-told-you.jpg

Dude...  I'd know the difference.  XD

The base stat was like 11.4% on the one I saw, but the one during the trade had 7.x%, also, that wouldn't explain why the elements were different.

Thanks for your reply though!  I'm just trying to let other Tenno be aware of such thing.  ;)

Haha okay then.

30 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Yup, this happened to me. They sealed away a gorgon mod. I wasn't mad only because I do like the gorgon but it was a sketchy move.

i always ask if it has been rerolled, a guy tried to tell he he had on another veiled but didn't remember what the weapon was. He claimed it was probably sybaris... lol

Edited by S0V3REiGN

44 minutes ago, texrei said:

Another thing - Kuva cost. Be careful getting any "bad" mods and hoping for rerolling them because it may cost plenty of kuva (addition: yes, it stays for every owner and proceeds to grow up)

Also be careful buying closed mods, hoping for a jackpot. It can be a rerolled mod of some crappy weapon, which a player wants to rid of.

Yeah, thats what happened with me. Buyed unopened mod for platinum, when opened it, saw that kuva cost is smth like 1300.

Btw, whole situations: dude in chat selled closed mod, showed that mod had task for 5 aimglide headshots, we dealed, he placed in trade mod with 4 aimglide headshots, im sayed, that maybe he mistaken, he sayed nope, he not mistaked, im asked, that arent he planing to scam? He answered that nope, definetely nope. Im bought mode, get task done and get not so good mod for Flux riffle with 1300 reroll kuva cost. So, i think, he knowed, that mod in his inventory with 4 aimglide headshots is mod for flux riffle, and he selled it as totally unknown veiled mod.

I think, there should be indication on mod, that will show, how much rerols was done, and maybe even show weapon (because we know, that after reroll weapon is saved, reroll changes bonuses and percentage).

Riven Mods should never have been tradeable in the first place IMHO.

Instead, I think there should have been a Transmute function. Have three or four crappy Rivens you absolutely do not want or bother re-rolling and you can go for a chance a new one and free up two to three Riven slots in the process.

22 minutes ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Riven Mods should never have been tradeable in the first place IMHO.

I respect your opinion of course, but the spirit of F2P games is maintained by trading.  A player like me who has a job, but less time to farm due to family, etc. can reward another player who was lucky, or farmed their butt off for something and doesn't want to/or have money to buy platinum.

Trading is a good thing for this game, but that's a different subject altogether and moving off topic from the types of scams that can occur from trading these things.

;)

I have to agree with Gran Maw Sigmu on this one/ Something that has this many ways of ripping others off should never be available to trade. Way to many scammers and naive people to allow this to be like it currently is.

A good way around this is not being able to sell it locked or veiled and they should remove the limited re-roll situation. Doing this I would say makes it a better system to deal with trade wise.

1 minute ago, Wolfdoggie said:

Why is that bad? Does it have a limit to rerolls or cost more of something?

There's no limit on re-rolling, but the cost to re-roll increases.  Also, when the mod is veiled it says something like "rifle riven mod" and some people are taking sentinel mods that are not desirable and simply applying kuva to them to sell as unveiled again.  Meanwhile that particular mod will always unlock to be the same sentinel mod, while the purchaser might be expecting to have a true unveiled mod with the potential to be any of the other rifle mods.

There needs to be some improvement.