Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[spoiler] War Within changed something

Deshiel

Please leave if you haven't completed the War Within Quest.

Spoiler

Untill now the Warframes were mere puppets right? Controled with our void strings first from the "pod" thingy and then from our transference chair. But Now that is no longer how we do it. Now the Operator is inside the warframe and can exit it at any time. If you tried to play in the OP mode during a mission you know that whenever you travel a significant distance away from the warframe and quit the OP mode, the warframe reappears from within you.It tempts me to assume that the warframe (post TWW) is actualy piloted manualy instead of remotely from a chair.

What do you think?

4 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

Hide contents

Untill now the Warframes were mere puppets right? Controled with our void strings first from the "pod" thingy and then from our transference chair. But Now that is no longer how we do it. Now the Operator is inside the warframe and can exit it at any time. If you tried to play in the OP mode during a mission you know that whenever you travel a significant distance away from the warframe and quit the OP mode, the warframe reappears from within you.It tempts me to assume that the warframe (post TWW) is actualy piloted manualy instead of remotely from a chair.

What do you think?

Spoiler

I would say that it's both, in that we use our warframes more like a portal.

Spoiler

The Warframe isn't piloted from inside, it's piloted from the ship still, but without the need for the operator's transference to be... activated or boosted by the chair. It's now innate, with no need for the chair. In addition, your Warframe also acts as a gateway, or portal, for your now enhanced powers.

Now the only problem with this reasoning is that... does it also act as a portal back to your ship?

Edited by PoisonHD

Spoiler

The Warframe was never a puppet, that's just what they want us to think.

But yeah, the Tenno's power has evolved to such a great extent that they can physically transfer themselves into battle through Transference. They do not need the 'cradle' anymore, and they can do it at will. Which is pretty great.

Also, the Operator isn't physically inside the Warframe, they just use the Warframes as a gateway to appear in battle momentarily. Before getting SHREKT and having to return to the chair in the Orbiter.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

3 hours ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:
  Hide contents

The Warframe was never a puppet, that's just what they want us to think.

But yeah, the Tenno's power has evolved to such a great extent that they can physically transfer themselves into battle through Transference. They do not need the 'cradle' anymore, and they can do it at will. Which is pretty great.

Also, the Operator isn't physically inside the Warframe, they just use the Warframes as a gateway to appear in battle momentarily. Before getting SHREKT and having to return to the chair in the Orbiter.

Spoiler

I see. Well as for now the things the operator can do are very limited so the guy is kinda useless in the fight. You can teleport throught walls and locked doors for now but that is surely a bug.

3 hours ago, Deshiel said:

Hide contents

What do you think?

Astral projection

It uses the same button as Focus, which we already knew is astral projection, and there's no real consequences for losing your tiny pool of 100 HP in that form (other than losing all your warframe energy)

3 hours ago, PoisonHD said:
  Hide contents

The Warframe isn't piloted from inside, it's piloted from the ship still, but without the need for the operator's transference to be... activated or boosted by the chair. It's now innate, with no need for the chair. In addition, your Warframe also acts as a gateway, or portal, for your now enhanced powers.

Now the only problem with this reasoning is that... does it also act as a portal back to your ship?

this explains it nicely. 

I was a little confused at it first as well. 

being when you switch between your frame and operator in the ship your operator ends up back in the chair each time, I assume you can teleport back. 

the astral projection thing also works. 

that or just 'screw you its space magic' 

with all the puppet stuff they went on about I was expecting our frames to come to life or something. oh well.