Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why can't you just... buff old weapons?

AdunSaveMe

50 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

I guess flexible is wrong term?

But let's go through the modding in this game again, good states on the mod makes the already good states on the weapon even better, but good states on the mod makes already bad or somewhat ok states on the weapon decent at best not better!

What term or word would be used for this situation? English is my third language so my dictionary in English ain't the best :( 

Honestly this system would work if we got a special mod that works as a slot for 2 mods in which you could combine 2 mods or just make a way we can actually build the mod, even if it costs greatly

AS for the term you are looking for, perhabs customization but even that one doesn't fit because you are given what you get instead of choosing

Edited by LycanPT

6 minutes ago, LycanPT said:

Honestly this system would work if we got a special mod that works as a slot for 2 mods in which you could combine 2 mods or just make a way we can actually build the mod, even if it costs greatly

AS for the term you are looking for, perhabs customization but even that one doesn't fit because you are given what you get instead of choosing

The mistake of this new mod is allowing usage of 2 type of mods at the same time (regular/ Primed and Rivendell), like i can use a mod that increase critical chance, critical damage and elemental damage alongside the Rivendell mod which contain the mentioned mods but instead if having a Rivendell mod that have critical chance +  damage and toxic damage then these mods (point strike, vital sense and toxic mod) can't be equipped would help, just like you can't have primed and regular mod at the same time, same need to be applied.

The point i want to make is the following, Rivendell mods strict our builds unless you got the mod of your dreams otherwise we have to build 2 weapons of the same type if we want build diversity :/

Rivendell is not bad just still not good enough. 

33 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

The mistake of this new mod is allowing usage of 2 type of mods at the same time (regular/ Primed and Rivendell), like i can use a mod that increase critical chance, critical damage and elemental damage alongside the Rivendell mod which contain the mentioned mods but instead if having a Rivendell mod that have critical chance +  damage and toxic damage then these mods (point strike, vital sense and toxic mod) can't be equipped would help, just like you can't have primed and regular mod at the same time, same need to be applied.

The point i want to make is the following, Rivendell mods strict our builds unless you got the mod of your dreams otherwise we have to build 2 weapons of the same type if we want build diversity :/

Rivendell is not bad just still not good enough. 

The first suggestion was an alternative to rivendell mods, basically all that would do was to increase a mod slot, the second suggestion was to make a system where we can build the rivendell mode as we want even if the costs is big

I think it's too much effort for little profit. If all weaker weapons were buffed to somethin more decent, but still weaker than a naturally better weapon, the change would be minimal. Old and weak weapons are usually available for newer players to be used on low level tilesets. If they were buffed, new players would have no reason to grind for another, probably better weapon, since they can easily kill low level enemies. If literally all weappns were buffed, all enemies would have to be buffed, to offer challenge.  Then, since there are stronger enemies, probably Warframes would have to be adjusted too, to maintain balance. So, this is all pure imagination, but in my mind, if old and weak weapons were buffed and everything else were balanced accordingly, almost nothing would change.

3 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

Aren't you one of the people who perennially complains that Formas are too much work to be worth using more than absolutely necessary?  :P

I know right? Im going to be putting 3 more forma into my Ogris, which is 8 in total, and I don't consider it work because its a rather common bp.

Edited by Nox_Terminus

7 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

Aren't you one of the people who perennially complains that Formas are too much work to be worth using more than absolutely necessary?  :P

I am not really sure how the two are related, but no, I am not.

I mean I definitely was before the, relatively recent, changes to how forma works with MR. Now, my only issue with them is, they need to have an option to make a slot universal. For example, you can choose any regular polarity the first time you forma a slot. Then, if you chose to forma that same slot a second time, you can choose to make it a universal slot that halves the cost of any polarity mod that you put in it.

I also think that the build times on forma should be 6 hours instead of 24, especially considering how common the BPs are. I get more Forma BPs than I could ever possibly make. make.

7 hours ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

I am not really sure how the two are related, but no, I am not.

I mean I definitely was before the, relatively recent, changes to how forma works with MR. Now, my only issue with them is, they need to have an option to make a slot universal. For example, you can choose any regular polarity the first time you forma a slot. Then, if you chose to forma that same slot a second time, you can choose to make it a universal slot that halves the cost of any polarity mod that you put in it.

I also think that the build times on forma should be 6 hours instead of 24, especially considering how common the BPs are. I get more Forma BPs than I could ever possibly make. make.

As someone who often buys 3 forma packs a day I agree with the 6h build time :D

5 minutes ago, (PS4)xxSHEPERDxx said:

I would much prefer if weapons were all balanced across the board, and weapon stats scaled with your mastery level. This would apply to weapons that have been maxed as the initial prerequisite, but then all of those maxed weapons would receive buffs in accordance with mastery gains. 

This would not work. If they would scale with MR you would get 2 possible outcomes. Eitehr you would 1) get bonuses that are so small that they wouldnt have an impact or 2) get bonuses that have a big impact and denie certain content for players below certain MR by simply having them do less dmg.

1 hour ago, Xebov said:

This would not work. If they would scale with MR you would get 2 possible outcomes. Either you would 1) get bonuses that are so small that they wouldnt have an impact or 2) get bonuses that have a big impact and denie certain content for players below certain MR by simply having them do less dmg.

True, but additional scaling could also apply. For example, mods could scale up to MR as well, and missions themselves could scale to MR rather than being just flatly coded to certain level ranges. (would similarly scale up rewards) Not unlike what The Division and TESO did with their scaling systems very recently. 

They do this so MR actually means something. I know there are some weapons that dont fit their MR, but I guess that's going to be changed.

This way a new player can decide to keep a weapon he enjoyed using when crafting a better one, knowing someday he will be able to revisit the old one.

So, there will be weapon tiers, but in the end, everything will be able to be balanced around your playstyle (not around every other weapon), once you get the rivens you need.

Some weapons still might need buffs in terms of functionality... Like the Buzlok's high ammo cost on alt-fire making it not really desirable but still needed because of the high recoil and slow projectile speed, the panthera alt-fire offering little to nothing when compared to standard melee... Etc.

I hope my thoughts make sense to you, tenno.

From the perspective of the player: Reasonable and easy solution to perform.

From the perspective of DE: It does not help the game economy, it does not offer 'interesting' variations to the gameplay, it does not contribute anything to the 'final game', it does not offer motivation for the 'farming' and retention of the players.

I stay with the easy and reasonable.

8 hours ago, (PS4)xxSHEPERDxx said:

True, but additional scaling could also apply. For example, mods could scale up to MR as well, and missions themselves could scale to MR rather than being just flatly coded to certain level ranges. (would similarly scale up rewards) Not unlike what The Division and TESO did with their scaling systems very recently. 

This would generate more issue than it would help. What would happen if a MR 5 and a MR 22 would team up? Would it become to easy for the MR22 or to hard for the MR 5? Scaling systems dont solve any problems here, they just generate them. Plus they would add nothing to the game. If your weapons and Mods would scale and your missions would scale too, you would move while standing at a spot at the same time.

52 minutes ago, Chantepleur said:

We can't call it 'balancing' because the Riven mods are an output of pure luck.

One must buy for thousands of plats and spend hours to get what he/she long for, if we cannot farm the Rivens freely as like now.

Everything in warframe is the output of pure luck. You just don't realize it because the drop rates on certain things are so high.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Everything in warframe is the output of pure luck. You just don't realize it because the drop rates on certain things are so high.

Hey at least all the weapons we already made have fixed base specs, unlike many loot and craft based MMOs.

The Riven mods, however, trying to make a random stat to them.

If all players have all the Rivens and DE just give some randomness and weights in it, that can be a 'balance' thing.

but it ISN'T. for now it is just insane RNGs over RNGs, forces to extend the game's playtime desperately.

I know the major contents in Warframe is based on heavy RNG but this is literally don't make any sense *sigh*

Just now, Chantepleur said:

Hey at least all the weapons we already made have fixed base specs, unlike many loot and craft based MMOs.

The Riven mods, however, trying to make a random stat to them.

If all players have all the Rivens and DE just give some randomness and weights in it, that can be a 'balance' thing.

but it ISN'T. for now it is just insane RNGs over RNGs, forces to extend the game's playtime desperately.

I know the major contents in Warframe is based on heavy RNG but this is literally don't make any sense *sigh*

Mods != base stats, and there is nothing in the game that requires Riven mods to succeed.

1 hour ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

You said everthing. I said it isn't. you can buy the strongest weapon's BP with just 30,000 credits.

and get certain good nightmare mod at a certain planet now. there are many guaranteed ways to get good items.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Mods != base stats, and there is nothing in the game that requires Riven mods to succeed.

And there is nothing in the game that requires your powerful gears and cosmetics. you're just picking what I said.

If DE just tweaked older weapons like fix awkward triggers for better use, rebalancing self damages, buff some miserable base stats,

I don't even argue with this and then just keep play.

1 hour ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

The BP, you still need the materials to build it. The dropping of those materials is ruled by RNG.

Then buy for plats. you can buy that for fixed 200p.

actually at first I wanna say about the balance of weapons and mods by saying 'DE try to randomize fixed stats with wrong way'

but you're constantly insists on having your own way, which is not even matter about. I don't wanna blame you. just stop that.

Edited by Chantepleur

Just now, Chantepleur said:

Then buy for plats. you can buy that for fixed 200p.

actually at first I wanna say about the balance of weapons and mods by saying 'DE try to randomize fixed stats with wrong way'

but you're constantly insists on having your own way. I don't wanna blame you. just stop that.

don't worry, I am sure you will be able to buy Rivens for plat soon enough

Just now, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

don't worry, I am sure you will be able to buy Rivens for plat soon enough

?? do you really understand my words? you mean DE will release Riven mod packs like Dragon pack?

or 'you can buy one from other players'? both are silly but I think the latter is far more hilarious.