Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How am I suppose to " get 3 headshots during a single aim-glide" with carpal tunnel syndrome?

RyBone

Question

Six years ago I injured my right hand and I now have permanent carpal tunnel syndrome. I have a Riven mod with this challenge "Get 3 headshots during a single aim-glide". For me this is physically impossible to do because my right hand shakes a bit and I can't preform small precise movements. How on earth am I suppose to do that? Any ideas? It would be nice if we could reroll unveiled mods.

14 answers to this question

Buy and equip wrist brace. Add Patagium to your frame.  Immobilize some enemies in a small area with abilities like Vauban Bastille.

If it's really this bad, should you even be playing shooters?

Perhaps it would be more beneficial in the longrun to overcome your disability by learning to play left handed.

Edited by TrinityPrime

11 minutes ago, TrinityPrime said:

If it's really this bad, should you even be playing shooters?

Not to sound too harsh, but they have the right to have fun too...

12 minutes ago, TrinityPrime said:

Perhaps it would be more beneficial in the longrun to overcome your disability by learning to play left handed.

As a left handed who uses the mouse in the right hand, I can tell you that is no easy task-- and takes a lot of time and practice, as well as patience.

29 minutes ago, RyBone said:

How on earth am I suppose to do that? Any ideas? It would be nice if we could reroll unveiled mods.

Weird, I guess the 'check player's medical history and cross reference with potential tasks' part of the code simply isn't up to par right now.  

Seriously, I'm sorry about your injury but there are ways around it I'm sure.  DE can't be expected to customize every aspect of the game around various physical conditions.

I'm sure you will find some way to accomplish this and feel very good about yourself when you do so.

The following scenario will work best with 1 or more people assisting you.

Bring Zephyr (or Titania?) with loads of mobility mods that will assist you in having a very long, slow air glide. Your buddy will use a frame with hard CC (Vauban, Ivara, Frost, etc) to allow for easier headshots. Bring an accurate weapon. CC a group of enemies, bullet jump straight up, start gliding and take your time shooting.

Best of luck to you.

16 hours ago, RyBone said:

Six years ago I injured my right hand and I now have permanent carpal tunnel syndrome. I have a Riven mod with this challenge "Get 3 headshots during a single aim-glide". For me this is physically impossible to do because my right hand shakes a bit and I can't preform small precise movements. How on earth am I suppose to do that? Any ideas? It would be nice if we could reroll unveiled mods.

How on earth you think that a game can or should balance their content in base of people's illness

14 hours ago, tnccs215 said:

Not to sound too harsh, but they have the right to have fun too...

There are game genres that are less likely to aggravate such a condition, like Turn Based Strategy/4X games or RPGs.

Just seems like... on the list of games I really, really wouldn't want to play with CTS, shooting games would be pretty high up there.

Loki disarm and a rifle with Metal Auger. The disarmed enemies will come to the spot where they last saw you; set them in a spot where they're on higher ground and you on lower ground. You don't precisely aim for the head, you just need to shoot at their heads. With the enemies grouped up together, it will increase your chance of landing a headshot since Metal Auger will go through the first head and into the head behind it. Make sure the enemies are at equal height and kill off those that aren't. Low level void exterminate is a good spot with corrupted lancers, butchers, and crewman having the same height.

movies-deadpool-headshot-gif.gif

Edited by NekroArts