Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel, Ceph, and Arbiters VS Veil, Perrin, and Loka: Which "Side" Most Populated?

jjpdn

Question

I'm trying to decide if I should switch to the dark side (I'm with Ceph and the gang at the moment) to make my trading life easier, but I only have outdated data. 

I know a year ago or so there was much less people on the other side, so I'm wondering, what's the stats now?

Are there more people offering things in the trading tab from the light side or the dark side?

16 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Llewellyn_Lionheart said:

There's a really good breakdown in the wiki on syndicate efficiency and optimization. The combination of Steel Meridian, Arbiters of Hexis, Cephalon Suda and Red Veil is the most efficient at something like 88%. This is measured in terms of not fighting yourself by increasing one and decreasing the others unless absolutely necessary, and also based on not wasting any standing by being capped in one of the 4.

That is why that combination is extremely popular, as it's easy as heck to maintain (wear Meridian all the time, run Suda missions first if you want to then do your others). The "right side" combination of 3 or just the left-side combination of 3 are dead easy to maintain but end up wasting standing occasionally; they are the next most popular. There's also a quad you can do based on the "right side" but it is a little bit less efficient and requires more micromanagement with changing of sigils frequently, and that is probably the next most popular after that.

It's technically possible to keep good standing with combinations of 5 and all 6, but it requires an incredible amount of micromanagement and one mistake costs you big time. 

3 hours ago, VikingoX said:

According to the players on my friends list, left side wins. In fact from my whole friends list there are only 2 on the right side, myself and one other.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

There are far fewer players on the right side in my experience.  I'm right side and trade for left side stuff with ease while my left side friends struggle.

Four syndicates is easy but rep gains are slower.  You can't do all of the syndicate missions available to you and you throw away the %50 bonus rep to the ally syndicate.  It is a nice option once you have everything and are simply playing "maintenance mode" on your rep... getting close to cap and staying there waiting for something new to come out. 

You should never do four if you are in the early stages of needing lots of rep to buy lots of stuff.  In my opinion.

15 hours ago, Zhoyzu said:

I recently switched to Loka myself from suda. I could never find anyone in loka/perrin for some mods and it seemed like everyone and their mother was suda. I think 80%+ in my clan are suda

15 hours ago, Suncake said:

There are less players with the right side, especially Loka and Perrin. Vaykor Sydon on wf.market goes for 30 plat while Sancti Magistar goes for 40.

Thanks for all the responses!

Edited by jjpdn

I find most people doing the 4 Syndicates trick by balancing Steel, Hexis, Suda and Veil. You can do this by having a Steel sigil and then occasionally doing Suda missions for when you need Hexis (you'll have to re-up veil after doing this, though).

Edited by R34LM

6 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

I recently switched to Loka myself from suda. I could never find anyone in loka/perrin for some mods and it seemed like everyone and their mother was suda. I think 80%+ in my clan are suda

I was able to find a trading buddy here at forums and we exchanged all the augments - he had the right 3 syndicates, I had the left 3.

Just now, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Right side will always have fewer members simply because a new player being introduced to the Syndicate system and being told their choice isn't permanent will just pick from left to right. Simple psychology.

I chose the ones I found fitting my own philosophy the most - Suda and Hexis. Even new playes should notice that every syndicate has its enemies and their relationships will deteriorate, but I see some players locked with Meridian and Veil anyway. They worked for both and made the other 4 syndicates hate them.

I went with red veil and new loka, it seemed easier to balance those 4, yet the suda side seems to have not only every mod available to red veil/new loka, not to mention the better weapons but also exclusive frame mods such as mirage limbo and chroma.

I also have a strong desire to switch but get this gut wrenching ache about how many forma and potatoes it would cost me to do so.

I choose the side or the Red Veil, Perrin & Loka.

Red Veil are there to find and cleanse corruption around us, I will be surprised if they don't try to skin alive Teshin after TWW if they find out.

I also blame the god emperor (wh40k) of man kind for making me join the Red Veil.

g1381005486834433706.jpg

The only reason I joined Loka was for that sexy Sancti Tigris. <3

Perrin, cause they are merchants and so are the TEC faction (sins of a solar empire).

tech_intro.jpg

There's a really good breakdown in the wiki on syndicate efficiency and optimization. The combination of Steel Meridian, Arbiters of Hexis, Cephalon Suda and Red Veil is the most efficient at something like 88%. This is measured in terms of not fighting yourself by increasing one and decreasing the others unless absolutely necessary, and also based on not wasting any standing by being capped in one of the 4.

That is why that combination is extremely popular, as it's easy as heck to maintain (wear Meridian all the time, run Suda missions first if you want to then do your others). The "right side" combination of 3 or just the left-side combination of 3 are dead easy to maintain but end up wasting standing occasionally; they are the next most popular. There's also a quad you can do based on the "right side" but it is a little bit less efficient and requires more micromanagement with changing of sigils frequently, and that is probably the next most popular after that.

It's technically possible to keep good standing with combinations of 5 and all 6, but it requires an incredible amount of micromanagement and one mistake costs you big time. 

There are far fewer players on the right side in my experience.  I'm right side and trade for left side stuff with ease while my left side friends struggle.

Four syndicates is easy but rep gains are slower.  You can't do all of the syndicate missions available to you and you throw away the %50 bonus rep to the ally syndicate.  It is a nice option once you have everything and are simply playing "maintenance mode" on your rep... getting close to cap and staying there waiting for something new to come out. 

You should never do four if you are in the early stages of needing lots of rep to buy lots of stuff.  In my opinion.

I just run two, Red V and Steel M.  I can grind whenever I want and earn points in the other one.  I've had no trouble selling the stuff from either syndicate or trading for the other syndicate stuff.

If you're picking a syndicate now, Perrin and Loka seem to be the rarest, but I would just pick one that has Valkyr mods.  The next big plat making chance will be selling to playes who bought Valkyr access packs.