Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Challenge (no idea how to do this)

keenanboianghu

Question

So I got the challenge to complete an exterminate with level 30+ enemies without alerting any of them. Now, this would be easy except for the fact that even the slightest alert makes the challenge failed. I tried ivara prowl with a bow and loki with hushed invisibility. Nothing works, whenever I kill an enemy a nearby enemy gets "alerted". This seems almost impossible. If there is a specific map that I should try doing this on or any tips that you guys used please let me know. Thanks so much! :)

16 answers to this question

I used Ivara with a slight range+duration Sleep arrow build.

Run around with prowl, pop Ziplines everywhere so you can travel faster, and just use sleep arrows when you see more than one enemy. Make sure NOT to use the noise arrow, as if you group them, then sleep them, if one dies right next to another, the one thats still alive, despite asleep, will detect you.

Grineer only, with a ivara building for efficiency, range and dont drop the duration too low. Sleep arrow EVERYONE who can see the targets you plan to kill. When playing with a bow make sure to shoot them away from others instead of towards to minimize them seeing the body.

I went oberon with sheev. The mod(for me at least) means that the alarms don't need to sound. So I would just rad them and have them fight it out and casted reckoning if anyone got near a console. Not a very subtle way of going about it, but it worked.

actually, your claim isn't true.

it will only count as Failed once an Enemy that has been half alerted decides to start running to a Hack Panel (or starts shooting probably), Et Cetera.
in this regard it is quite lenient actually. more so than Stealth XP ironically.

it's flexible enough that you can half alert or alert Enemies and simply Damage Control them within the next second or two without failing the Challenge.

1 hour ago, keenanboianghu said:

So im using dread and it seems like once and a while i fire two arrows instead of one. is there any bow that does not do this?

as aforementioned that is due to Multi-shot, but why on earth would you not want this?
more Damage ensures whatever Enemy you shoot at dies, and Bows shoot perfectly accurately when one uses Fine Aim, so the two Arrows will be literally clipped inside of each other.

if you're using Heavy Caliber, remove it.

because i just did a mission in which i half alerted enemies (looked around) but they didnt run to alarms or start to shoot. and still i didnt get the mod. Im starting to question whether the mod is equipped because every time i go back to the weapon mods after equiping the veiled riven mod it doesnt show up in any of the slots. is this normal?

3 hours ago, keenanboianghu said:

Im starting to question whether the mod is equipped because every time i go back to the weapon mods after equiping the veiled riven mod it doesnt show up in any of the slots. is this normal?

that does infact mean the Mod isn't saving as Equipped.

and that is not normal.

if u have a friend, go as 2 and just follow him as loki or ivara ithout doing anything while he slaughters everyone (its faster and better for a friend to be woF ember)

U can also try any pub really, i'm not sure if a level wide alarm counts as a failure (where they run to their little consoles and press buttons) , but as far as it goes u can just not kill anyone and follow other people to get the challenge

I also had one doing solo with extinguished key, i simply went infested exterminate with loki + vaykor marelok WITHOUT any hush mods and shot everyone without stopping and it still counted ~_~ 

Shotguns have an exaggerated ragdoll effect like bows, so throw silent battery on anything good and just make sure to launch them AWAY from their buddies.

Alternatively just do a standard focus farm stealth exterminate.  With rockets.  Stealthy.  (be sure to keep power strength up enough so you can use navigator to one-shot bombards or other heavy units in the crowd)

I used Loki,tonkor, and hikou prime with concealed explosives on void exterminate. The hikou were for nullifiers and enemies inside the bubble.

I don't think the enemies sound alarms there. I failed once because a turret spotted me so watch out for that. You just have to go unseen in that mission. 

Now that I think about it you could use ash/Loki with arcane trickery, maiming strike and naramon shadow step to go unseen for the whole mission since nullifiers can't break the invisibility of those. Orthos prime and Telos Boltace would be good weapons because of their range.

On 11/17/2016 at 4:43 PM, Stormandreas said:

I used Ivara with a slight range+duration Sleep arrow build.

just use sleep arrows when you see more than one enemy.

I regularly use this now for weapon leveling. It's super energy intensive, but it's effective. You should be able to do it just as well for the challenge.

go ivara in prowl, sleep enemies, put silencing mod on any tigris variant, ALL HAIL TIGRIS, and just make sure you shoot away from enemies to be sure you do not graze some poor by stander who is then alerted.

Edit:  Don't use sancti tigris as syndicate proc will spoil your run

Edited by Robj414