The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee will never be primed.

(PSN)TertulSee

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 0:54 PM, morningstar999 said:

this would be amazing. don't get my hopes up. :D

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not even joking I love hydroid. 

I'd like Him and Mirage/Mesa/Zepher to be next, and then well it would be Chroma at that point wouldn't it?

Edited by Azur_Fenix

4 hours ago, Azur_Fenix said:

"I am not going to post any arguments and uses the system to make things I don't like go away even though their true"

Basically you. Reminds me of someone else on another forum, an aussie I know.

Why are you trying to use your post being deleted as an argument? Mine got deleted as well. I didn't even report you, can't be arsed to go through the effort, we must have annoyed someone else. Also it was you was the one who was threatening me with calling the forum cops on me, so stop projecting.

And what argument are you expecting? All I did was call you out on your weird &#! behaviour of contradicting yourself - by claiming you were sarcastic with you said X, then said that you were serious when you said X right after - and you haven't been leaving me alone ever since with your labeling, weak insults and S#&$ty snarky remarks.

Also, I don't care about your little tales about other posters.

19 hours ago, Separius said:

Why are you trying to use your post being deleted as an argument? Mine got deleted as well. I didn't even report you, can't be arsed to go through the effort, we must have annoyed someone else. Also it was you was the one who was threatening me with calling the forum cops on me, so stop projecting.

And what argument are you expecting? All I did was call you out on your weird &#! behaviour of contradicting yourself - by claiming you were sarcastic with you said X, then said that you were serious when you said X right after - and you haven't been leaving me alone ever since with your labeling, weak insults and S#&$ty snarky remarks.

Also, I don't care about your little tales about other posters.

Someone is salty. I am temped to toy with and piss you of. But wont. Mods don't like when I play dirty.

I have noticed a couple of Banshees recently and by noticed I mean they left a really bad impression.

No they didn't die constantly, but where just the worst teamplayers I've ever seen.

Attacking capture target while rest of squad was collecting traces -> ran off scared when health forseeable dropped.

Get's downed, teammate revives her, get's downed shortly after ->runs off letting him die.

Starts Excavators then rans away when overwhelmed.

Congratulations, you survived for the most part with the most squichy frame! You where absolutely no asset to the team however, we don't need a dammage buff if we allready 1-shot everything.

The only usefull Banshees I encounter nowadays use Sound Quake in farming missions and while usefull it's just as boring as Ashs Bladestorm.

3 hours ago, Vethalon said:

I have noticed a couple of Banshees recently and by noticed I mean they left a really bad impression.

No they didn't die constantly, but where just the worst teamplayers I've ever seen.

Attacking capture target while rest of squad was collecting traces -> ran off scared when health forseeable dropped.

Get's downed, teammate revives her, get's downed shortly after ->runs off letting him die.

Congratulations, you survived for the most part with the most squichy frame! You where absolutely no asset to the team however, we don't need a dammage buff if we allready 1-shot everything.

The only usefull Banshees I encounter nowadays use Sound Quake in farming missions and while usefull it's just as boring as Ashs Bladestorm.

This is my experiences exactly and why If I see a banshee on load in, I leave. Especially if its a sortie, I prefer Hydroid then Banshsee on my team, but I happen to actually find Hydroid useful.

Edited by Azur_Fenix

I see a lot of arguments that banshee's lacking a 'gimmick' is both what makes her underplayed, and fun.

Sure, this allows her to mold to a very particular playstyle exceptionally well. But it also makes her feel... I dunno... Flat, kind of. She's a very effective frame, but what people here derogetively label a gimmick, I see as themes. There's not much of anything interesting to her. She has a theme, sure, but it doesn't lend her, as a frame, any depth, or 'personality' as with many other frames.

This is subjective, of course, but what makes her boring to me is not that she's ineffective (Banshee is anything but.) but that she doesn't seem to have much in the way of personality. Look at nezha, gimmicky... Maybe. But powers, frame and stance all suggest a flambouyant nature. Look at valkyr, sure, she has one, exceptionally boring playstyle. But all of her powers, her stats, her frame and even stance all suggest a scarred, highly aggressive nature. Feral even.

I don't think banshee needs a rework, more a slew of tweaks as a whole. Adjustmants to power visuals, maybe a small mechanic or two. A couple of tweaks to stats. Other than that she's fine. It's okay for a frame to be played less than others, but I personally think she needs a little more character. Nothing forced, just a little more.

As for priming, wait three months. Valkyr can be fun in her own right, and is much more popular. Christmas time, most popular reasonable frame to prime, gets primed. Valkyr was thus picked. Banshee will soon have her time in the spotlight.

Edited by BulletsforTeeth

On 11/18/2016 at 8:50 PM, S0V3REiGN said:

If she had missed out the entire female rotation you might have a point but so far it's not too bad. As most know Valkyr is a cash cow.

While i do agree with that...theyr not helping anyone out with the 30 air support charges in prime access KEK

3 hours ago, Vethalon said:

I'm sorry you encountered those Banshee players. I play Banshee a lot and don't incorporate that gaming ideology that you're proposing PuG Banshees usually do.

edit: And I usually run a 156% duration, 45% efficiency, 100% range, 254% power Resonance / Savage Silence Banshee. 2 Arcane Energize Sets, Quick Thinking + Primed Flow, crit Gleaming Blight Rakta Dark Dagger or Gas Telos Boltace with Naramon.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

5 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

To every single Banshee fan complaining because she wasn't primed this time, all I've got to say is that at least all of you still have hopes of being able to put your hands on the primed version of your favorite warframe.

Sincerely:
A player who loves Excalibur

For those of use who like Excalibro. There is always Umbra. Even if DE is taking their sweet time with it >.>

Honestly, as a die-hard Banshee main, I'm really fine with her as is, though I'm curious as to what sort of buffs the Primed version would get. Hopefully increased power strength and speed. Or just higher armor than 15. Something to work with that's not tissue paper.

As for the thread itself, I dunno, I don't think every frame needs to be super popular. I don't think it needs to appeal to the majority. I think niche frames that only a few people like are fine, as long as it's the intention, through and through, that a weapon or Frame is being made for a specific kind of audience. That a lot of Banshee mains are popping out of the woodwork and getting defensive about the idea of a rework is also to be expected. Banshee is an oddball frame that has a surprising amount of variety in builds and playstyle, and you're just as likely to hear someone say that Silence is useless and needs a rework, as to say that Silence is the best part of Banshee and doesn't need to be touched. If anything, I wouldn't mind a sort of Nekros-y rework, where it's easier to really make her full kit consistently usable with the main Banshee playstyles.

Like, you've got free silencing on every weapon, and the ability to silence in an AoE. In a stealth mission, that means you can bring along explosive weapons and just obliterate rooms with stellar speed without worrying about being detected. But you'd have no reason whatsoever to ever hit 4. I've known Banshee players that love the idea of CC, and run Naramon with a maximum range/efficiency/duration build to stunlock, ragdoll, and lock entire rooms down while cutting through groups with a Galatine, and those guys tend to not care at all about the notion of Banshee's passive, but really like 3, and 4. There's melee Banshee's, CC focused utility Banshees, Sonar-specced Banshees, flexible Banshees, and anti-social Banshees that run around with invisibility and stealth and just do their own thing.

I don't feel like she needs a rework so she can appeal to people who innately have no interest in her. That seems quite silly. But I think a few tweaks for people who already enjoy her, and for people who have an interest but don't really play her because they feel she's missing something--like the ability to not die when glanced at. Making her Sonic Boom a one handed action, reworking 4 to be more... interactive, buffing three so that it can provide more reliable CC, or something... 65 base armor. Just, ya know tweaks. Maybe make Sonar's Augment into the base skill, since it's kind of a must, as is, for most builds. But, I think, Banshee, overall is fine.

As for not really being useful, outside of silly two to four hour long endless missions, I don't really see it. If you're one shotting everything in every room, with overpowered weapons, and you're just looking to speed-run, then, sure, bring Volt, I guess. Because most frames are either irrelevant or just picked for baseline survivability or one utility thing. If you're not one-shotting everything, either because you're not rocking a five forma'd Riven Modded Prime meta top-tier weapon, then Banshee provides really, really good CC, with 1 being able to ragdoll an entire room, 4 being able to be modded for a literal hundred meter stagger effect, on a channel, to boot, 2 can make whatever weapon you have, regardless of how bad it is one shot things, which is really nice, and 3 can stun enemies trying to close the gap, and with Savage Silence, give a lot of benefit to melee players. Even if you're one shotting everything, Banshee can still just AoE silence and keep enemies from getting alerted until you're already blasting up the room, with 1 to just quickly group up enemies into a wall for optimum AoE weapon usage. So she fills the utility role in that regard.

I mean, you wouldn't say that Rhino needs a rework, along with Nova, Ash, Mirage, Mag, and any and every Warframe that tries to boost the damage your team can do, simply because some players have weapons that can potentially one-shot everything, so it seems like a somewhat... stilted argument. I get the notion that Sonar isn't necessarily useful, which is fine, unless you're one of the people who use niche weapons that aren't very good, and don't really like to grind up with Formas and the like, or maybe you do, and your weapon is still just really bad. I know there's one guy on here who loves the MK-1 Braton, specifically. In which case, Sonar is highly useful, since the damage boosts it gives outshines on literally everything else, at the cost of being somewhat more difficult to bank on without the augment.

Personally, pubs I'm in usually love Sonar, even if they have OP weapons. Because they like to see the weapon they put a bunch of time and forma into just start red critting for millions of damage, they like the ability to pull out their dinky pistol and reliably one shot armored enemies, they like to play with their underpowered melee weapons they think looked cool and suddenly be able to do work with them. I consider low-level Sonar use a funsies thing. No, it's not the most practical skill--outside of highlighting everything through walls, for stealth, and figuring out where enemies are going to approach from so you know how you position in survival and defense--but it's really fun for some people to have affecting their games, and for some people to use, and it helps a lot with under geared people trying to get into Sorties, or do defenses because they want to try a long mission they might not be ready for because it's a game and they want to enjoy themselves, so I don't think it has any issue.

That aside though, I'm happy that there's so many people talking about Banshee. There's usually just Silence around her.

11 minutes ago, Azur_Fenix said:

She does, but better not let the Banshee circle jerk hear you say that, they will get salty and tell you to l2p and that banshee is "fine".

Noooooo, give us normal armor at the very least, please DE! Banshee has a lot of great CC, but she's far too reliant on sprinting around like she left the oven on, or her team to keep her safe to avoid by being one shotted by literally everything above level 15.

Or make Silence jam guns or something for whatever reason. I don't know, she just would really benefit for more than no survivability at all. I always feel really bad when I'm pubbing, and get downed because I got dinged by a stray bullet while invisible. 

3 hours ago, IneffableCupidity said:

Noooooo, give us normal armor at the very least, please DE! Banshee has a lot of great CC, but she's far too reliant on sprinting around like she left the oven on, or her team to keep her safe to avoid by being one shotted by literally everything above level 15.

Or make Silence jam guns or something for whatever reason. I don't know, she just would really benefit for more than no survivability at all. I always feel really bad when I'm pubbing, and get downed because I got dinged by a stray bullet while invisible. 

The Silence jamming guns could be useful. But would have to have a cooldown and only jams for like 2 secs so as not to step on other warframes toes. But an interesting suggestion.

7 minutes ago, Azur_Fenix said:

The Silence jamming guns could be useful. But would have to have a cooldown and only jams for like 2 secs so as not to step on other warframes toes. But an interesting suggestion.

I know Mesa does that too, doesn't she? Lasso jams the guns of people who step too close to her, while melee enemies get headaches like what Banshee's silence gives. Alternatively, if we're wanting to keep her from overlapping, make Silence able to reset the awareness of enemies assuming they don't see anything that contradicts it. Enemies under the effects of Silence already can't hear alarms, and Silence has amusing synergy with Blind effects to make enemies just entirely unaware that combat is occurring, or that anything is happening. Which is fun in survival sorties. Just watch Grineer wander around the map, aimlessly.

So it would just reset enemies awareness state if they aren't observing combat, or aware that they're being shot at, which is a form of CC in its own way, that Banshee mains would probably like.

Dunno, sound like too much of a hassle to you?

Edit: I remember one Sortie I did that was Mirage--pre-4-nurf--, Banshee--myself, of course!-Nyx, and Loki.Enemies were just all wandering in circles, without guns, Chaos', blind, and deaf. Bumping into each other, swinging at the air, or just wandering in a non-combat state.It was very amusing.

Edited by IneffableCupidity