Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime design lore discussion

Cyborg-Rox

3 hours ago, Stoner74 said:

I like how you start your sentence with "Based on lore" then use your own assumption.

Remnants of the bonds that restrained the original Valkyr during her time in 'the lab'. A reminder to never forget the torment.

-Wiki

Don't tell me those are "decorative ribbons".

Also hi Beard o/

No.

CHORDALLA PRIME
Ceremonial ribbons, worn with pride.

Glad someone else feels the same way as i do about her. 

4 hours ago, Misgenesis said:

Gersemi is a Tenno interpretation. Valkyr Prime couldve looked like a whole different frame altogether. This isnt lore breaking.

But Valkyr prime is designed from her tortured form, how is that not lore breaking?

16 minutes ago, Fast_98 said:

Or a simpler idea is DE is smart enough to make sure Valkyr P doesn't look exactly like the gersemi version? Like why would I buy a 200 plat skin when I can farm the primed version that look like the 200 plat skin.

Or a simpler idea is DE is smart enough to make sure Valkyr P doesn't look exactly like the gersemi version.. but still follows Gersemi design while looking different and "primed"?

9 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

But Valkyr prime is designed from her tortured form, how is that not lore breaking?

Valkyr's a berserker. It's entirely possible she was designed to look like a battle-scarred warrior from the beginning.

Just because it looks similar to the default version doesn't mean the Orokin somehow used that as the direct inspiration.

52 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

zhSCBX1.png

Those are restraints. 

See, this is here i have a huge problem. If the game tells you those on her prime are Ceremonial ribbons, then she doesn't need them. Unless, she needs ribbons to make herself angry? lmao

I see it as DE screwing up, that's it. 

1 hour ago, Instinction said:

However, you will notice Valkyr prime ALSO has dangly bits, which are most definitely not Corpus bond/experiment tubing.

SO, maaaaaybe, the Corpus just ripped out the base version Valkyr's dangly bits, and used the "slots" and/or "outlets" to implant their own tubing for the experimentation?

1 hour ago, NinthAria said:

Valkyr's a berserker. It's entirely possible she was designed to look like a battle-scarred warrior from the beginning.

Just because it looks similar to the default version doesn't mean the Orokin somehow used that as the direct inspiration.

But they did, because of the restraints and "bonds" on her prime.

I'd rather old on to something we already know than assumptions. Ex: Gersemi was Valk's previous form before the experiments. 

Edited by Stoner74

1 hour ago, NinthAria said:

1 minute ago, Stoner74 said:

But they did, because of the restraints and "bonds" on her prime.

I might eventually take some screenshots and just plain point to the design similarities. Too bad I can't have her in-game for now, so I'll have to use the diorama from the shop and the trailer.

But there's more than just the bonds. A lot of small details from the Prime point to the Mangled one, ignoring the Gersemi completely.

I have seen a lot of people concerned with her appearance, in that, it doesn't look like Gersemi Valkyr, because "but wait isn't THAT the pre-corpus version so shouldn't her prime version look like that instead of the corpus one?" Well, you have a fair point. However if it's a perfectly lore friendly reason for her appearance then I've got just that for you.
Valkyr Prime /Doesn't/ look like Valkyr-C is what I'm proposing. All of our frames in their non primed forms are an altered Tenno based design (mostly), and for the most part look a lot different than their Prime counterparts, so what I'm getting at is Gresemi IS pre-corpus, but not prime based; and instead is Tenno-design based.
The Corpus are obsessed with the Orokin in various fashions so if someone were to do experiments on a frame, would it not make sense for them to try and replicate the "glory" that was a primed frame but in a Corpus based image/control?
What this means is that Alad-V was trying to re-create Valkyr Prime, so therefor Valkyr Prime doesn't look like Valkyr-C, Valkyr-C looks like Valkyr Prime, if you're pickin up what I'm puttin down. :)
Now, this might disappoint a lot of you still if you are upset simply because you wanted a prime Gresemi and that's fair, but for those of you looking for a perfectly logical and lore friendly reason here it is!!
(Pass this a long to DE because as far as I'm aware they don't have a canon reason yet <3 lol)  

1 minute ago, DoppelShifter said:

I might eventually take some screenshots and just plain point to the design similarities. Too bad I can't have her in-game for now, so I'll have to use the diorama from the shop and the trailer.

But there's more than just the bonds. A lot of small details from the Prime point to the Mangled one, ignoring the Gersemi completely.

Basically her whole body is taking from the post Alad V skin, only thing is her front looks similar to Gersemi with the more sleek and soft design.

Just now, NPC said:

But that still doesn't explain why Valkyr P has same skillset as regular Valkyr, as we all know her abilities got twisted because of Corpus experimentation. 

for all we know, that's always been her power, it was just enhanced with her torture, she looks like a cat, i wouldnt imagine her without claws

I don't think there will ever be a good lore explanation for valk prime

instead lets look at maybe why she looks like this

• TWW was delayed so long they had to rush the next prime out
  • whos in line? Banshee and Valk
  • what time of year is it? Thanksgiving/Christmas
  • what frames more popular? Valk

so DE rushes Valk Prime with plat and here we are

with this whole lore situation going on its no surprise there's no trailer either, whatever DE does to try and explain her lore-wise might light up more torches and pitch forks, easiest thing they can do is keep quiet and wait for it to blow over

and unlike other slightly similar situations, this wont affect profits enough to force a statement or any real damage control, people are going to buy her

in the end its probably better they skipped banshee so she wasn't rushed, she may actually look good

my 2¢

Edited by FoxyKabam

1 minute ago, MarrikBroom said:

Appearnace can be handwaved as 'the tenno just plain didn't like the overly ornateness of Valk Prime so made their simplified version more... catlike.'

The big one for me I'd like some help handwaving si why valk prime has apparent rage based powers when old lore has valk's rage baed from the torture she went through.

But that doesn't make sense. Because her prime has the same restraints as the post Alad V skin but the pre Alad V(Gersemi) doesn't. And her prime clearly follows the post Alad V design. So with your hypothesis, Valkyr prime should have looked more like Gersemi in the first place. And without the restraints, because these are corpus. 

1 hour ago, Stoner74 said:

Or a simpler idea is DE is smart enough to make sure Valkyr P doesn't look exactly like the gersemi version.. but still follows Gersemi design while looking different and "primed"?

The issue is that if DE make it too similar then people won't buy the skin so they probably designed her like this to be on the safe side.

6 hours ago, Raniu said:

Well, that's kinda sad. But at least one ability must be 'primed', it's true for every prime frame. One ability has a bit different visual or some FX added to it. Better that than nothing :l

They primed her ripcord power. Apparently according to the wiki it lashes out multiple ripcords.

10 hours ago, (PS4)LiamRising said:

its not really lore breaking as a valkyr main myself i think the prime looks good and from what i know the lore is most frames are reverse engineered from what we knew about the primes so maybe someone just redesigned their non prime valkyr and bam created the gersemi one we have as a deluxe skin or at least that's how i think of it

Off topic) Got a little frighten here cause I thought you was me.  (on topic) Whats really lore breaking about. you dont like her appearance? 

Well, I started a thread about the very same thing in the Warframe Feedback subforum, and it was moved here without warning, dismissed as a mere "players vs players" discussion.

DE, when will this be taken seriously? Either through a statement, a text blurb in the Codex, an actual (although unlikely) change in-game or simply stopping to shun threads around from Feedback to "General Discussion" just because the subject is hard to answer.

Yes, the Gersemi vs Mangled Valkyr as design basis for the Valkyr Prime is a heated discussion with a lot of players bashing heads, but mostly, we want an answer from YOU, DE. Not from other players trying to dismiss the complaints or ignore the lore situation.

53 minutes ago, FoxyKabam said:

I don't think there will ever be a good lore explanation for valk prime

instead lets look at maybe why she looks like this

• TWW was delayed so long they had to rush the next prime out
  • whos in line? Banshee and Valk
  • what time of year is it? Thanksgiving/Christmas
  • what frames more popular? Valk

so DE rushes Valk Prime with plat and here we are

with this whole lore situation going on its no surprise there's no trailer either, whatever DE does to try and explain her lore-wise might light up more torches and pitch forks, easiest thing they can do is keep quiet and wait for it to blow over

and unlike other slightly similar situations, this wont affect profits enough to force a statement or any real damage control, people are going to buy her

in the end its probably better they skipped banshee so she wasn't rushed, she may actually look good

my 2¢

This is what I found so nice with the Valk P design issue. Maybe the Banshee Prime is way better (and has nice Armor Set and Syandana).

3 minutes ago, DoppelShifter said:

DE, when will this be taken seriously?

The discussions about it have been going nonstop since last week. They have been surely noticed, regardless of being in Gen and not Feedback. DE are aware of the lore issues as well, they said as much in the latest devstream.

They're supposedly working on a lore trailer. If you have facebook, you can probably see the statement yourself. I haven't seen it but I trust fellow Tenno would not tell lies, here, on the Warframe forum. How good the final justification is going to be remains to be seen.