The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the braton prime good for endgame?

Kronxito

Question

I like this weapon between all primed primaries (in terms of design). I'd like to get a riven mod for braton and put formas on it but first I want to know if this weapon is effective on lvl 100 missions (sorties) ?? 

If not, which primed primary is good for endgame? I have boltor, braton, burston, paris, etc. all primed.

Thanks.

On November 21, 2016 at 8:38 AM, ArionLightning said:

I like this weapon between all primed primaries (in terms of design). I'd like to get a riven mod for braton and put formas on it but first I want to know if this weapon is effective on lvl 100 missions (sorties) ?? 

If not, which primed primary is good for endgame? I have boltor, braton, burston, paris, etc. all primed.

Thanks.

My son, choose any weapon for end game :)

On 11/21/2016 at 7:47 AM, pauli133 said:

Braton riven mods have been going for insane prices, that are definitely not justified by performance. 

I never see anyone listing prices on them, honestly, everytime i see them in chat its people asking for me to price their mod, i can never get a straight forward answer on pricing, after like a day of waiting i picked up one with meh stats for 50p yesterday rerolled once into +elec +dmg +puncture, and felt VERY good about my investment... I would honestly say anything around the 100p area is worth as long as it hasnt been rerolled like 5 times or something 

On 11/21/2016 at 9:36 AM, Tatersail said:

everyone is being very polite...

NO!

Braton will not stand up in "endgame" (100+)  its dps is enough to get kills if you crit build and rely on status for slash and other procs.... Braton has paper deeps of 13k with 18k burst vs a soma's 21k and 28k

but you have 40 seconds of fire time before you run out of ammo, so you will run dry vs armored grineer!  You will also kill slower, so you will take more damage!

<snip>

Boltor Prime is the best weapon in your list, a riven and forma on that will get you about 2-3 times the damage of a similar equipped braton Prime.

The Braton P actually holds up better than the Boltor P vs high level Grineer from my experience.  The Boltor P has high per shot damage however, it can only do damage builds...it doesn't do status or crit well.  This basically means at low levels it completely wrecks, but at high levels when armor scaling kicks in, it's not nearly as impressive.  My Braton P is modded for Corrosive vs Grineer; with 79% status and 18.21 fire rate, it shreds armor almost as fast as the Akstiletto P.

My build: Braton P build. (don't let the numbers fool you...shredding armor is extremely effective against high level Grineer)

The Boltor P, even with its higher per shot damage, falls off quite a bit against high level alloy enemies (Bombards, Napalms, etc).  It does decent against Ferrite enemies because of its high puncture, but the armor stripping of the Braton still outperforms it.

I do however agree with you on the Braton ammo pool.  It's terribly low compared to most other full-auto rifles.  Hopefully [DE] increases it at some point.

Disclaimer: I linked my build with Warframe Builder because it's convenient however; be careful with basing your decisions on Builder numbers.  It's a nice tool, but actual game testing often yields quite different results...especially when factoring status effects.

2 minutes ago, Tizodd said:

Disclaimer: I linked my build with Warframe Builder because it's convenient however; be careful with basing your decisions on Builder numbers.  It's a nice tool, but actual game testing often yields quite different results...especially when factoring status effects.

I wonder how WFB is going to handle the addition of Riven mods

Braton Prime is AMAZING in my opinion. It's one of not so many rifles that offer both crit and status with some okay damage. However, in nowadays meta, status and crit actually make a gun (talking of sorties and lol-runs (>200lvl))

Braton Prime, built right, can demolish a lvl 115 Corrupted Heavy Gunner in one magazine. And with some firerate mods, you are going to pump out one person relatively quick. Everything thanks to higher than average status alone.

However, you do waste 60 ammo - don't measure your efficiency in mags! You only get 20 ammo per drop, and this problem hits every boltor, karak, dera, others quite deep. You either have to carve a place for mutation in your build, or get a carrier.

Right now it collects some dust - I run with grakata rn (lvl 100 sortie survival? Did not even ran out of ammo) :3

6 hours ago, Tatersail said:

Tigris Prime has a massive punch a "Paper" burst dps of 242,000 and sustained 54,000

Paper or not, burst DPS is an irrelevant measurement for a weapon with effectively 1 shot per magazine (similarly to the Vectis and Depleted Reload Vectis Prime). The relevant comparable measurement is damage per magazine.

As for the Braton Prime, the question was "is it good for endgame" and not "is it the best for endgame". The answer is yes, it is plenty good enough for the current endgame.

To be honest, if you want a gun that you can take everywhere and kill everything in the game....

Take a Tigris prime or Sancti Tigris.

I hate long reloads, so I use chilling reload and tactical reload and seeking fury.

My reload is about 1s for 2 shots of 1hko, and it has punchthrough.

What level of 1hko? Stalker dies in one hit.... Sentients die in one hit if I use a frame with some support abilities..... Sortie Lv 100 Bosses die in one hit if I use some kind of support abilities....... etc.....

Support abilities as in: Rhino Roar, or Mirage total eclipse, or Nova M. Prime, or Mag's Polarize (to strip armor).

Braton prime does okay, but you run out of ammo. Tigris p does so much damage and everything dies in 1 hit. That makes it super ammo efficient.

On 11/21/2016 at 0:28 PM, PrVonTuckIII said:

I haven't tried it yet, because I have a deep hatred of shotguns, and the fact that I keep forgetting to buy Primed Point Blank, but I've heard only good things about it. If you can get it, then go ahead.

You don't need primed point blank.  Or even regular point blank.  That thing is a monster.  If Baro ever does decide to sell me PPB it will just be overkill.

Edited by Callback

On 11/21/2016 at 7:38 AM, ArionLightning said:

Thanks.

I think it's actually one of the better options because status grows in effectiveness as enemy level rises and it's focused on slash damage. You don't particularly need a riven mod for it unless you can get one that replaces a function with added benefits.

Here.

The crit mods shore up the DPS about equally with two additional elements but you don't dilute your procs with an element you don't care for. The status chance causes bleed procs which bypass shields and armor, viral cuts their health in half making those more effective, and the accuracy isn't cut by heavy caliber so you can focus on headshots, which benefit everything. Basically, there's a lot of damage and damage-increase with this that aren't represented with builder numbers. Punch through from shred helps with swarming enemies and primed ammo mutation makes it basically impossible to run out of ammo. I've literally held down the trigger for 5 waves of defense, including the time in between waves, and still had a full reserve.

1 hour ago, ZeaLocKe said:

For the record, here is an example of a braton with a riven i just rerolled

https://goo.gl/1IKBGZ 43894 burst and 27103 Sustained

Wonder if its worth it or should i give it a little status.

Never mind, i got this one via sacrificing the punch through on shred and using crit mods

https://goo.gl/dPY5Da 50k burst... holy S#&amp;&#036;...

(With a riven with +159.7% damage and +46,7% damage vs infested)

No matter if soma is "better", riven mods really fix non "endgame" guns so you can use em wherever you want

Edited by ZeaLocKe

1 hour ago, DRACONICINFERNUS said:

yes, my basic tigris is a beast, so tigris prime is way better

And yes, I mean it when I say my Basic Tigris Is BEAST!

Can't compare a rifle with a shotgun. Specially when you have falloff and shotguns are made to be best at close range while rifles are made to be best at mid ranges

Edited by ZeaLocKe

Most of these builds being linked aren't taking advantage of what makes the Braton P a good weapon: its status chance and decent crit chance.

Using pure elemental mods may get you high numbers on warframe-builder.com...but in game against high level enemies (specifically Grineer with their armor scaling), those pure elemental mods won't translate to actual killing.  The Braton P needs status mods (High Voltage, Malignant Force, etc) to compete with meta weapons.

The only thing hurting the Braton P is its extremely low ammo reserves.  I made a post about it here:

Hopefully [DE] will look into it at some point.

Tigris P. is borderline overkill. If you would rather have an option for more sustained dps, I would suggest something like the Vaykor Hek. Damage wise, it certainly has a lower peak, but with more ammo in the mag, it's more sustainable. As for the Braton P, while there certainly are better options, you can use whatever the Hek you like. Some folks even made 8-formas Mk1-Braton and took it into Sortie and Raids, so don't let anyone tell you what to use and like.