Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILER] TWW [PH] teshin katana

lightdragon64

so i decided to replay The war within just because it's a really good quest and wondered what would happen if i decided to go without a melee weapon.

the result was my warframe appearing with a ninkana after emerging in the final scene with the grineer queens. however i noticed something interesting about the nikana.

the weapon had the text "[PH] Teshin katana" all while looking like a rather normal nikana, didn't even have the ymir-form Gemini skin on it to make it look like it may belong to teshin. perhaps could it be possible that if you decided to not bring a melee weapon into the quest that teshin would have handed you his own nikana/wakizashi? if so that would have been a pretty cool extra scene, but it also begs another question.

because this ninkana is a place holder (even though it dosen't need to be) could it be possible we may see the wakazashi variant of the nikana in our own arsenals soon? the nikazashi? or perhaps even that and get a dual nikana? it would be pretty cool.

i can imagine the nikazashi being used in a different melee pattern where you swipe faster like a single dagger only with a bit more power behind it. and the dual nikana could be used in a manner to where you use one sword at a time but you can swap out which one is being used by pressing the alt fire button, and holding the alt fire equips them both but slows down the swing speed because both get used at the same time in a single swing.

but the idea for a dual nikana/nikana wakizashi is what i am hoping i may have discovered here... either that or it's just a placeholder that DE forgot to remove...

what do you think?

Edited by lightdragon64

20 minutes ago, Black-chameleon said:

Now imagine if its obtainable only from typhoon rank offerings in conclave as a syndicate melee :X

I honestly wouldn't mind because people could just buy/sell them. They would be bought/sold for more than the typical Syndicate Melee price though.

3 hours ago, Black-chameleon said:

Now imagine if its obtainable only from typhoon rank offerings in conclave as a syndicate melee :X

Well, the Nikana + Wakizashi combo is Teshin's signature weapon(s) and aren't featured anywhere else, so it would only make sense for them to be obtained directly from Teshin. And how does one obtain anything from Teshin? Via Conclave.

Just like how you have to cooperate with a syndicate to obtain their associated weapons (unless you trade), you should have to cooperate with Teshin to obtain his swords. Outside of the Conclave, you only ever meet Teshin twice. Who gives their prized weapons to a person they've only met twice?

2 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

I honestly wouldn't mind because people could just buy/sell them. They would be bought/sold for more than the typical Syndicate Melee price though.

If they're obtainable via conclave only, you can expect them to cost at least 200 plat. Because I know I'll be selling them for at least that much  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 minute ago, Heckzu said:

Well, the Nikana + Wakizashi combo is Teshin's signature weapon(s) and aren't featured anywhere else, so it would only make sense for them to be obtained directly from Teshin. And how does one obtain anything from Teshin? Via Conclave.

Just like how you have to cooperate with a syndicate to obtain their associated weapons (unless you trade), you should have to cooperate with Teshin to obtain his swords. Outside of the Conclave, you only ever meet Teshin twice. Who gives their prized weapons to a person they've only met twice?

If they're obtainable via conclave only, you can expect them to cost at least 200 plat. Because I know I'll be selling them for at least that much  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Indeed, I can definitely see them with that kind of price. Easily.

• 1 month later...