Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rage! Tier Iii Is A Pain! I Hear Tales Of Soloing It... How?

Arlayn

Question

I am sick of my maxed out Vauban with maxed out Braton Vandal, with maxed out Despair, with MAXED out Glaive with all kinds of crazy cards, my friggin Dethcube, and evbery team I ever get together FAILING TIER III EXTERMINATE!!!! What is the trick to do things at all, or even solo?

Braton vandal can be a kilelr in Tier 3 trust me. you only need to have formad it atleast 3 times though...  my regular void team is just a trio of me and two other clannies. All using Vandals. we eat trough the enemies.  Though groups of heavies ambushing us still takes us down easily. 3+ gorgons spitting death at you.. ouch. I suggest take a Banshee. let her Sonar the enemies. then hit the Orange spots. with max sonar was it 400% extra damage? even higher with Focus if im right.  So just get a good weapon if you havent good a modded powerhouse then take Akbolto's Kunai/Despair or Boltor. But Banshee for Sonar is a must Imho.  

I noticed some people saying don't rush, good advices speed is good for mobility to avoid being hit and to get better positioning.

Rushing will only get you behind the woodshed where something big and ugly is waiting to give you a whupping.

Braton vandal can be a kilelr in Tier 3 trust me. you only need to have formad it atleast 3 times though...  my regular void team is just a trio of me and two other clannies. All using Vandals. we eat trough the enemies.  Though groups of heavies ambushing us still takes us down easily. 3+ gorgons spitting death at you.. ouch. I suggest take a Banshee. let her Sonar the enemies. then hit the Orange spots. with max sonar was it 400% extra damage? even higher with Focus if im right.  So just get a good weapon if you havent good a modded powerhouse then take Akbolto's Kunai/Despair or Boltor. But Banshee for Sonar is a must Imho.

I forgot to mention Banshee.

I'm not gonna give you any tips because I'm personnally shock(in a good way) to see that people "seems" to have trouble with this Tiers III. Dude I just envy you so much. Enjoy this while you still can cus this is actually your "challenge". I think there is a lot of people out there like me that think this game is just too easy.

Just by making this thread we can see that everyone really didnt play the same.

My point is EMBRACE this hard time cus it's your challenge.

Ammo box doesnt  help much when the Corrupted healers get together with hordes of shield bots flooding in... thats just a pain not to mention every time I team up with someone they all die and leave right away... No one ever bothers keeping people on contact list to invite mid mission if someone leaves... it is the most sickening thing to deal with... I bother with it just to get the LP receiver but even that just seems like the ultimate pain... I waste revives, resoureces on ammo boxes... I just need to know what is the ideal gear, mods, everything to beat it with...

Hey man, add me if you ever need help with T3. I'll be more than glad to help you out :)

Me and my brother went in with a friend...

I was using a Dread maxed out along with a level 17 sidearm and a level 12 melee... and using a Frost Prime at level 20.

My brother had a Boltor maxed out and his other weapons maxed out, with a level 15 Nyx... and we took along our friend that was a level 9 Excalibur so he could get easy money... and we won.

How the hell arent you capable of >.>

I was using a Dread maxed out along with a level 17 sidearm and a level 12 melee... and using a Frost Prime at level 20.

My brother had a Boltor maxed out and his other weapons maxed out, with a level 15 Nyx... and we took along our friend that was a level 9 Excalibur so he could get easy money... and we won.

Please constructive comments, OP is looking for help/advice

well, for the OP, Vauban is possibly the worst frame I can think about to be using when soloing a T3

Its has rubbish shields, Rubbish health, Rubbish armor, and its skills do no damage.

tesla does nothing to level 99 mobs, like 22 a hit?

Bounce ....  nothing

Bastille for 75 energy pins a mob for 15 seconds, there is no way your keeping this running on a long solo mission.

Vortex does pathetic damage unless you have Ogris to cause the instagib bug. (also wondering if DE knows about the Ogris/Vortex instagib bug)

almost any other frame will be better... MAG.... is waaay better for this simply because she has 450 shields instead of piddly 225 base.

mag even has an ability that stops mobs shooting you for 15 seconds, so...  when your on a worse footing with your frame than Mag... be very very afraid.

If you have any other frame, use that.

your Braton vandal runs into the same issue that all normal guns have at endgame, same with despair unless you can aim, they get scaled out into pointlessness.... you can solo a t3 with just kunai, they ignore armor.

I think a Strun would be better than a braton, or the Hek if you can hit rank 4 - shotguns do MASSIVE damage in this game, i ran my first T3 solo early on with a Strun, got to about 20 mobs left before I ran out of ammo.

Try using knockdown on a level 6 Fragor (with a frost mod) pins them for at least 8 seconds and its totally energy free!

You probably need a Deathcube with max Guardian mod, and decent stats, this basically recharges your shield to full the moment it drops every ... 60 seconds, add to the immortali-tea

Frost, Fire and shock on deathcubes gun also tends to stun mobs for a few seconds.

you probably need at least 1 gun that's level 60 "potatoed" (unless you use OP kunai)

alot of us have been playing for a bit and have, level 60 forma'ed clan weapons with things like Hornet strike 12, all elemental mods maxed, rapid fire max, and you literally 1-2 shot t3 mobs....  With such overwhelming firepower mobs simply don't get a chance to shoot back, even on solo.   so it makes it feel stupidly easy.

At low mod and gun levels which I assume your at, Take cover, Run away...  Shame is better than death!

Edited by Tatersail

This illustrates the power of Nyx. Chaos, although the kills does not net you exp, it makes life much easier for you in general.

Please constructive comments, OP is looking for help/advice

Ok, here it goes:

Learn the cons an pros of your weaponry and warframes, then you wont need to rely on your teammates at all.

You can easily solo Tier 3 with any frame, even Mag (to those that dont love her) as long as you learn cons and pros, and using any gear (maxed out Id say).

It isnt easy, but it isnt impossible, just learn everything available and put that into practice.

The biggest issue with tier 3 void runs is people got a bad habbit of thinking just cause Pluto or any other planet is easy, that Tier 1 and 2 are easy, that Tier 3 would be almost as easy. It only takes patience, like the good old days when you used that squishy level 8 Excalibur with that S#&$ty loadout you receive when you start.

Take your time, as much as possible stick together. I also tried soloing t3 void w/ potatoed Saryn + maxed out weapons and maxed out Mods, I got annihilated in seconds. So I won't try soloing it again. I went in w/ random people and we managed to beat it in less than 10mins though. Our team was Saryn, Ash, Ember and Nyx. Again, stick together and leave no one behind.

Edited by mcryseria

I'd suggest using a tougher frame; if you're planning on soloing an T3, Vauban's armor is not the best; try Ash or Frost. Since you have two ranged, rapid-fire weapons, I'd suggest using a heavy melee weapon, like the Orthos.

You must have a weak loudout on the Despare. I can solo the thing only using my Despare. I only have to use a single ammo box and take my time while running it on m Banshee. Sonar helps a good bit against the heavy foes.

Its has lots of funneling area, throw a bastille and laugh. Easy solo when I did it vauban, especially when they are at most 90+ which dont exactly has that high of resistant. I was using Paris Kunai and Orthos.

Edited by Infiz

lol, you most likely lack a good team, and the way you "maxed" your frame and weapon  could be wrong. maxing the rank but giving inconsistent mods doesnt make your frame powerful. look around the forums for good builds.

Edited by DrummerSoul13

T3 void quite easy to solo with any frame that has a CC skill (Nyx for Chaos, Excalibur for Radial Blind) escape mechanism (Ash for Smoke Screen, Loki for Invisibility) and if you want to drop them fast, Banshee's Sonar.

Of course bring your strongest weapons and ammo boxes. Personally my preferred loadout is a 3x Formaed maxed Boltor, maxed Acrid, maxed Gram. Even the Acrid itself can carry you in T3.

Edited by Tulzscha