Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How good is the new Cernos Prime ?

Enno69

Question

Hi to all, how would you compare that new beautiful tool of destruction to the other bows and to the Rakta Cernos ? From what I've read, it got the usual slow charge-up time, the highest base damage in its category - but it's impact -, and an horizontal Artemis-like spread when charged up. So with all that, how does the CP fare in battle ?

Have a nice day.

15 answers to this question

In other words Paris Prime or Dread can still out damage a Cernos Prime even though it has the 3 multishot arrow spread... but with the existence or Riven mods wouldn't it make the Cernos Prime as strong if not stronger than a PP or Dread with out a Riven Mod. If those bows can deal tons of damage without a Riven mod endgane then wouldn't the Cernos Prime catch up to it?

Always had a thought that bows should have an alternate fire like having exploding arrrows as an innate ability rather than having it as a mod, just costs more ammo...

3 minutes ago, YoshiHiiragi said:

In other words Paris Prime or Dread can still out damage a Cernos Prime even though it has the 3 multishot arrow spread... but with the existence or Riven mods wouldn't it make the Cernos Prime as strong if not stronger than a PP or Dread with out a Riven Mod. If those bows can deal tons of damage without a Riven mod endgane then wouldn't the Cernos Prime catch up to it?

Always had a thought that bows should have an alternate fire like having exploding arrrows as an innate ability rather than having it as a mod, just costs more ammo...

peeling off that thought a better alt fire would be akin to either ivara's ultimate which the cernos prime appearantly already doing or a localized arrow storm for a chunk of arrows lets say 20 or 30 to dmg a spot for like 2-3 seconds 

Edit: went off topic but didnt add anything to the discussion by what everyone says if it doing spread dmg yeah it doing less dmg single target but more in aoe but once i have it in game though its the looks that has me sold .....

ITS BEAUTIFUL~

Edited by Omnipower

But every bow having that ability? wouldn't that just over shadow the Mutslist Cernos' Toxic Cloud?  and it would be better if it scaled properly aside from having it deal a capped damage. *points at thunderbolt mod... it should also carry the modded element of the weapon. so many ways a bow can be buffed especially with PVP and auto gun spammers.

7 hours ago, Fast_98 said:

From what I've seen it good a close combat and horrible at medium to long combat. It pretty much more like a shot gun then a bow.

Very much like Ivara's Artemis then, but without the option to control the spread ? Sounds bad...

After using this for a couple days and adding some forma I have come to the conclusion that few added tweaks next hotfix can really help its slightly low damage issue. First the multi-shot mechanic should be an alt fire option when dealing with groups. Primary fire should follow suit with Daikyu taking awhile to recharge but has more damage/range. If this proves too much to implement then have it so one primary arrow of the multi-shot does full damage while the sub arrows deal the same damage as is. Allowing heavy damage to intended target within the aiming reticle while chipping away at enemies near the target. :)

Yeah, I would like a feature where the Cernos prime could alt fire 1 large arrow that does 75%-100% damage at the cost of slowed charge time + Arrow velocity and drop penalties

Also, being an impact weapon, fully charged shots can stagger/ragdoll enemies on direct hit?

Edited by (XB1)calvina

Charge or no charge will still have few arrows like Artemis... with no charge firing in a loose arc that fall off in short distance, something like

us peeing

Charge time is slow...

It is entirely different, not an upgrade to rakta cernos... as most people thought it'll be like a more powerful Tigris Prime compares to sanctis Tigris.. No.