The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cernos Prime Feedback

Gsterman

I agree on some points, but you dont back your arguments with alot of practical tests.

The damage potential of the cernos prime is 50% higher than the rakta cernos (arguably the strongest bow in the game because you dont need speed trigger/vile for a decent charge speed and can thus add in extra elemental damage)

The problem with this potential damage increase is that you need to hit all shots of the bow as a headshot, which is impossible with the spread of the arrows unless you are right up in their face, its a bow, not a shotgun, and not to mention the long delay between shots because of the slower reload speed make it awkward to use for me atleast.

Given that multishot makes you shoot 5-6 arrows and them having punchthrough makes it great for clearing enemies that are in a horizontal line at some distance, but then you miss out on most of the damage since they do split damage, requiring more shots.

All in all the idea behind having a spread firing bow is nice, but there's too many downsides as of now to think about really using it unless you like how it looks (which I do, and I'm kinda sad that it turned out to not be that great)

Just my 2 cents on this weapon.

3 hours ago, (PS4)auwsomestgamer said:

Apparently the total dmg is split between the arrows, which is a bit of a joke

Edit: What I mean is, if you have split chamber you'll get 5 arrows at once, and the total dmg will be split between these arrows, so each arrow only gets 1/5 of the dmg its supposed to deal. Personally, i think the arrow spread should be vertical to take out tougher enemies. Horizontal = less accuracy and is stupid if your only trying to hit 1 enemy

That's not so bad, it would be a tad too OP if the damage weren't split. 

I'd like to see it as a bow that specializes with crowds rather than single targets. Wonder how it works with Thunderbolt.

I have Vile Acceleration even in my Rakta Cernos because it feels slow to me, let alone Dread and P Paris. Seeing how this trend continues with Cernos Prime is just aggravating.
Yes, you could probably play around with the 5-6 arrows/shot thing, but it honestly doesn't matter since I'm used to lining up my sight to hit multiple enemies at once, anyway. In that case it loses relevance.

The only upside of Cernos Prime to me was it's looks.

Edited by Qianna

Just now, Nexecute said:

From what I've heard. Same with how damage is evenly distributed between the pellets of a shotgun.

If we count per arrow, it has the lowest damage of all bows in-game. But unless you're sniping for the other corner of the map it shouldn't matter, since the default cone it creates isn't that big.

2 hours ago, CaptainDavian said:

I think just changing between single arrow or multiple arrows will be better idea. Single shot for high damage, Multishot for cc,

^This. I dont get it why the fire mode system is not used here. It would be a perfect opportunity. It would also balance the Cernos Prime out, as it would be slower but harder hitting compared to the Rakta Cernos.

Ugh....You title change screwed my reply...

TLDR(ewrite): It's a mid range crowd bow with strun spread and Tigris pellet count. The bow is either built as a slow inferior shotgun (full damage) or a faster still inferior shotgun (Vile/FH).

I'll still use it until it's flavor is gone but the bow is a tad bit disappointing. Rather just use my fast loading Tigris prime and cut a path through the crowds than stand there and only fire a single spread every 2sec.

9 hours ago, Daggerpaw1 said:

Cernos Prime is pretty much flat out worse then Rakta Cernos. Higher base damage on the Prime that is offset by the 1 second reload time (really?) and a standard 1.0 charge rate. So not only is it slow as F*** to reload, but it works just the same as every other bow except the Rakta Cernos in that I have to waste a mod slot on Vile Acceleration to make it useful at all. My suggestion:

- Buff the Reload Speed to 0.6, just like the Rakta variant (every other bow only has 0.7, as well).

- Buff the Charge Rate to 0.35, slightly slower than the Rakta Cernos

This way, we will have a legitimate difference between the two rather than just the Rakta being flat out better. Either use Cernos Prime for higher damage per shot, or Rakta Cernos for a slightly faster aim speed and the syndicate proc's AoE and energy regen.

How can you give feedback when you CLEARLY have not used it? 

Wf builder isn't always right. Second of all is it dividing between all arrows or just the original 3 then applying multishot? Because if multishot mods are making it divide the damage between all arrows fired, there is definitely an argument to be made for not equipping it.

Also multishot doesn't divide damage on any other weapon so if that's the case it should probably be fixed. (the mod not the innate multishot on the bow)

Edited by Skaleek

Since it is now merged, some more feedback.

The Cernos Prime is not a bad weapon. The inate multishot is a nice thing when dealing with crowds. Its bad when dealing with single targets or heavy units due to the fact that the spread lets alot of the arrows miss and headshots are impractical, even on close range, with arrows missing left and right. As it stands the weapon feels more like a shotgun in bow form, with shotguns being way more effective.

Besides bringing the reload speed in line with Cernos i would suggest adding a firemode to it, giving it 2 options. One option would be the current multishot mode to deal with crowds, and the 2nd would be a single arrow to deal with heavy targets and allowing to fight at range and doing headshots.

Going back to one of the first posts on this thread he said that the bow is original for not having an original bow firing system. This makes absolutely no sense. From what DE has done in the past, they like to use every system they make and it seems like after they made Ivara shoot multi arrows, they wanted to put it in anything else so the system isn't a waste. If they want to do this, they should at least put it into a mod or make it so if the bow is not fully charged, then it shoots the shotgun spread. I'm not looking to say that this is complete trash, but that there should be some type of compromise between the normal bow firing style and the shotgun spread bow style. It shouldn't be forced upon a weapon that everyone was looking forward to being just a normal bow.

Edited by tC-Viper

4 hours ago, Qianna said:

I have Vile Acceleration even in my Rakta Cernos because it feels slow to me, let alone Dread and P Paris. Seeing how this trend continues with Cernos Prime is just aggravating.

I bet your Rakta Cernos feels slow because of this:

1 hour ago, Skaleek said:

Wf builder isn't always right. Second of all is it dividing between all arrows or just the original 3 then applying multishot? Because if multishot mods are making it divide the damage between all arrows fired, there is definitely an argument to be made for not equipping it.

Also multishot doesn't divide damage on any other weapon so if that's the case it should probably be fixed. (the mod not the innate multishot on the bow)

Multishot increases your paper damage by 90% meaning each arrow does 1/5.7 of the total paper damage, or 1/3 of the paper damage if you took Split Chamber off. The damage per arrow done does not change when you equip Split Chamber.  Yes the damage gets split. But this is not a new concept in bows at all. It is exactly Artemis bow but at half power, using the same principles, this means you can use max Heavy Caliber with no drawback.

See my merged post here:

1 hour ago, xcynderx said:

so it fires just like that artemis bow ivara has? great......now if DE would make artemis bow horizontal by default (like that will ever happen)

Why would they ever? The instant vertical fire is a very useful ability for the weapon, most enemies are humanoid, meaning they have a vertical silhouette. If you need to kill something that is at close to medium range instantly, just tap the fire key while aiming at their mid-section and boom, 14 arrows into one target. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Gelkor

2 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Multishot increases your paper damage by 90% meaning each arrow does 1/5.7 of the total paper damage, or 1/3 of the paper damage if you took Split Chamber off. The damage per arrow done does not change when you equip Split Chamber.  Yes the damage gets split. But this is not a new concept in bows at all. It is exactly Artemis bow but at half power, using the same principles, this means you can use max Heavy Caliber with no drawback.

Thanks for the info, wasn't sure. So it adds functionality rather then straight damage per-say, by virtue of extra projectiles. I think that leaves you options as to whether or not you want to equip multishot, I like it.

3 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Thanks for the info, wasn't sure. So it adds functionality rather then straight damage per-say, by virtue of extra projectiles. I think that leaves you options as to whether or not you want to equip multishot, I like it.

A bit... From my testing the spread distance for the arrows always seems to be about the same, and Split Chamber fills in the extra arrows in the areas between the spread. IE:

No Split Chamber:

Arrow_____________Arrow____________ Arrow

Split Chamber:

Arrow__Arrow___Arrow__Arrow___Arrow__Arrow

For practical purposes this means it's easier to reliably mow down crowds like Artemis Bow does with split chamber, and of course.

Edited by Gelkor

1 minute ago, Gelkor said:

A bit... From my testing the spread distance for the arrows always seems to be about the same, and Split Chamber fills in the extra arrows in the areas between the spread. IE:

No Split Chamber:

Arrow_____________Arrow____________ Arrow

Split Chamber:

Arrow__Arrow___Arrow__Arrow___Arrow__Arrow

Ahh, very cool, thanks again for the testing info!