The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you personally deal with mastery?

Smilomaniac

hm... i personally dont care about mastery at all, since i always use around the same weapons.

the onlyst reason why my MR is high, is because i tend to try out all the weapons, to see wich ones i like more(i said like, not powerfull). if i find one i like more, i switch to that one, and so on.

I comfortably sat on my mr 11 or 12 for some month, building all the unnececary stuff i would never use (prime access plat blewn on slots almost exclusivly^^).

Then, double xp weekend hit. +xp boost, leveled through my stuff in a blast, till mr 17. Since then, I build some more parts i was missing, and I'm activly leveling/grinding my low level gear to achive higher mr. 19 atm
I almost never play with a maxed out weapons - the ones I have equiped either getting formad or leveld. Once enough forma is put into them, they are set to rust until I leveled every. single. one. (sometimes I use maxed weapons in sorties, tho i feel this is hardly nececcary)

Frames: Well, I recently got my hands on valkyr, nyx, rhino and mag prime, so at the moment i level those. once they hit 30, i will start formaing, so never playing with a 30 frame, save for sorties and raids I guess..

Companions: well, the sentinels I'm using are maxed out and forma'd, as are their weapons, so I guess these are the "high end gear" i carry arround :D (prisma shade and carrier prime, and normal helios, looking to get helios prime, any1 selling?^^)

Edited by (PS4)T0katax

I mostly rank frames and weapons on invasion missions, as even the 'endless' ones only get run to wave 10 or 10 minutes.

As long as you're in your MR teens, any frame can be made survivable enough for that. Just equip one reasonably good weapon and you'll be fine with everything else unranked.

I'm MR22 but I just got there naturally (1750ish hours according to my profile)

In the early days I would have a full set of unranked gear with me as you try to find decent stuff.  As time goes on you find stuff that's either good or fun.

For harder mission I would keep 2 ranked or nearly ranked and only take one unranked with me, easier ones I would just keep one good one in case of Stalker.

The bad stuff would have to rank up from shared XP .  

This was in the days before Draco was a thing.  Now there's rarely more than one thing at a time to rank up anyway for me.

12 hours ago, Smilomaniac said:

This is mainly for people who have not collected all frames or reached an absurd high mastery level; It's for others who are in the mid-teens of MR and have some hundred hours of gameplay.

I keep grinding away at alerts, hanging back and doing very little in the way of killing when it comes to leveling "junk" weapons or frames that I don't enjoy very much.
I find it fairly odd, that at +600 hours in, I'm still equipping things that I have no intention of using, for the sake of mastery, effectively locking myself out of one or two weapon slots for most of my gameplay.

It occurred to me a while back, that I'm going about it the wrong way, that taking things slowly and learning to use things in different ways can be a rewarding experience; But then why is it, that the most (time) effective way to level things up, is still to let everyone else do the work for you and basically be a drag on the group?

Maybe it's just an aspect of gameplay that requires you to make your own fun, and not rely on the most powerful frame and weapon builds out there.

So how do you personally deal with mastering warframes and weapons? What mindset do you bring with you?

I potatoed almost 90% of the guns in warframe and potatoed every single frame. My advice : play and try everything ! there are so many good combos and items that can be played together.