The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Really?

Kerberos-3

Ok, who thought Prime vault was a good idea? Seriously, that thing needs to have it's doors ripped off and thrown in a black hole. It wouldn't be so bad if any mention of Vaulted Prime stuff was removed as soon as they were vaulted. But why lock it up at all? Thats money flying away. I mean, I would love to use a Frost Prime with Latron Prime, Reaper Prime, and Vasto Prime, but nope, can't even buy it. Now, I'm tired, probably gonna regret this tomorrow, but whatever. DE, if you see this, please, let us buy the Prime stuff that isn't in the reward tables for cash. Its more money in your pocket and more happy customers. One caveat, Excalibur Prime stays gone. That was a Founder's thing, so he, with the other Founders stuff, should remain exclusive.

I'll explain it briefly, there are two hands, in one there is the fun and playability and  business in the other, both have to be balanced or not it goes nowhere.
  The DE, has decided to create a free game, and every update not cost a penny, maybe instead of closing the game and make a new version as many games or series.
But in return, they have to earn money being a job, and this is a first example, the vault: eliminating the prime form key(in the past) now in the relics force people to having to necessarily buy from other players so they are forced to buy plat. and here that the DE balance the two hands :)

3 hours ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

1) Frost Prime and his stuff is apparently scheduled to be available in December.

2) Trade Chat is your friend, I refuse to believe there are no Frost Prime pieces left to buy.

What? Wasn't he temporarily unvaulted in the summer? I thought we were getting Ember Prime temporarily unvaulted for the winter?

18 hours ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

1) Frost Prime and his stuff is apparently scheduled to be available in December.

2) Trade Chat is your friend, I refuse to believe there are no Frost Prime pieces left to buy.

1) I'm pretty sure he was unvaulted relatively recently, so I miffed that opportunity.

2) Trade Chat is full of people who overcharge for even the most basic stuff. Frost Prime is Vaulted, and thus his pieces are going to be rare and expensive. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see people asking for Riven mods for his parts.

14 hours ago, Kazzamo said:

Supposedly we're getting both Frost and Ember Prime unvaulting packs in December.

Was there any official word on this?

"whalecome" <- pun on whales in other games? This doesn't really apply in WF since you can't be significantly stronger than f2p players by being a whale... unless you're talking about being much more fabulous. 

Edited by TonyWong

Warframe.market.

Frost Prime Set - 600p

Frost Prime Neuroptics - 20p

Frost Prime Chassis - 55p

Frost Prime Systems - 187p

Frost Prime BP - 250p

Prices don't seem that ridiculous for a vaulted prime.

Never, ever, ever, eeeeeever try and buy anything from trade chat. Forget it exists, delete the tab, purge it with cleansing flame. It's full of people overcharging for everything.

Use Warframe.market or the trade section here. You'll find everything far cheaper than trade chat. The first bit of advice I give to every new player I meet or anyone that doesn't know about it is to avoid trade chat, never use it, not ever. 

On 11/26/2016 at 4:13 AM, Matt89Connor said:

I'll explain it briefly, there are two hands, in one there is the fun and playability and  business in the other, both have to be balanced or not it goes nowhere.
  The DE, has decided to create a free game, and every update not cost a penny, maybe instead of closing the game and make a new version as many games or series.
But in return, they have to earn money being a job, and this is a first example, the vault: eliminating the prime form key(in the past) now in the relics force people to having to necessarily buy from other players so they are forced to buy plat. and here that the DE balance the two hands :)

Prime access and prime vaults aren't even the main source of DE's income, it's barely an extra bonus

Try again 

On 26.11.2016 at 9:59 AM, Kerberos-3 said:

Ok, who thought Prime vault was a good idea? Seriously, that thing needs to have it's doors ripped off and thrown in a black hole. It wouldn't be so bad if any mention of Vaulted Prime stuff was removed as soon as they were vaulted. But why lock it up at all? Thats money flying away. I mean, I would love to use a Frost Prime with Latron Prime, Reaper Prime, and Vasto Prime, but nope, can't even buy it. Now, I'm tired, probably gonna regret this tomorrow, but whatever. DE, if you see this, please, let us buy the Prime stuff that isn't in the reward tables for cash. Its more money in your pocket and more happy customers. One caveat, Excalibur Prime stays gone. That was a Founder's thing, so he, with the other Founders stuff, should remain exclusive.

You are the very reason why prime vault is here. Now you are either forced to buy plat and pay for those items with it or trade for a long time keeping game alive before you can buy them with plat you earned.

55 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

Nice, we've found DE's accountant, the man that knows all their income and where from. 

Lmao it's common sense, think about it. If it was really their main source of income, would they really be discounting prime access by 60% in russia and indonesia? It wouldn't be a smart marketing decision. It's simply an extra profit, but not their main way.

15 minutes ago, Maseguad_il_Belo said:

Lmao it's common sense, think about it. If it was really their main source of income, would they really be discounting prime access by 60% in russia and indonesia? It wouldn't be a smart marketing decision. It's simply an extra profit, but not their main way.

Nothing unusual about different prices for different market segments, especially geographic ones. Every single publisher out there does this.

19 minutes ago, Maseguad_il_Belo said:

Russia and Indonesia that have always payed lower prices than anywhere else, that shows nothing.

Why do you think Steam started region locking games. People would buy Russian to pay less.

Edited by Ailissa

4 hours ago, Maseguad_il_Belo said:

Prime access and prime vaults aren't even the main source of DE's income, it's barely an extra bonus

Try again 

DE only has income coming from very few sources that we can actually see.  Plat purchases and prime access being most if not all of it.  Since they don't get income from allowing ads in the game, what other sources of income besides Plat and Prime Access sales do they have?

Stuff in the market doesn't translate directly to cash. It's that carrot. The moment you charge for plats they already have your money. Enticing you to charge for plats is the thing. So those discounts makes sense. So is the vaulting/unvaulting mechanism. It's like a resupply to put a damper on escalating prices that effectively exclude people from even participating. This is rather a rather brilliant mechanism though DE isn't the first to do it. Chinese/Korean F2P MMOs have been doing the same for years.