The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Gaming Giveaway

[DE]Taylor

46 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

probably because the PA's are linked to the giveaway as a "runner up" prize, thus making it apart of the bigger giveaway and the restrictions are applied. 

they could have doe it differently, but the cat kinda tore the bag to shreds

26 minutes ago, Gruumzh said:

Probably because those (prime access packs) are as well part of the same giveway that has items with restrictions as to which countries are eligible to participate. I guess it'd be quite big of a hassle for DE to mess around with all the giveaway entries, from both the countries that are and the countries that are not eligible for the main prizes, in order to separate the ones that are not eligible from the ones that are. So the conclusion is, because there are no 2 separate giveaways, that it is much easier to treat, in terms of conditions of participation, the prime access prizes the same way as the prizes that need to be shipped (even though there would be no reason for prime access prizes to not be available to ANY country had there been no eligibility restriction on the other items of the same giveaway).

Thanks for the replies, but at least none of you has actually been able to respond my question. DE could have easily given away the prime accesses as seperate prices or do another giveaway with these as some kind of damage control expecting the players from non eligible places to rise up for not even having a chance at the big prices.

Spoiler

But it's not DE's fault!!!

Spoiler

tumblr_mws3ofEkZ31r1yhy3o2_500.gif
well, not a knight but I hope the idea can be understood

Seriously, you don't even need a degree to know that if you make something for a minority, the big maority will rise unless there's something for them too. Not expecting the community to uproar if they can't be included in a contest like this (which doesn't even require skill unless you're canadian and get lucky enough to be eligible as a winner) IS actually DE's fault.

For instance, I live in Chile, a country where corporations sometimes do this kind of contests too and offer entire houses or luxury cars as the prices even if their product is something as simple as toilet paper (wealth distribution in my country is a b*tch, but at least that's not DE's fault) which leads me to believe that the information they gathered wasn't enough to make more countries eligible, making it look like they just rushed the giveaway and screwed many countries in order to get it out quick.

1 hour ago, PiotrGracz said:

Ask your politicians. Its Your region regulations and tax/gambling laws.
It has nothing to do with DE.

oh you mean the entire east of the world has strict regulations etc?....ohhhh

So you mean those countried named by DE are more 'free n relax' on regulation etc?.... ohhh

2 minutes ago, Rooxon said:

why ain't Slovenia on the list?

Prize must not exceed the value of merchandise or service that the participant is required to purchase to enter the promotion

The possibility of winning the prize must not be the reason that the consumer decides to purchase the product or service

the rules of ur country is so weird... why would anyone willing to buy into a promotion where u wont get back what u paid.............

Any chances that the Non-Grand Prime Prizes will be eligible for those outside of the stated areas seeing they're being inserted directly the player's account... As much as I would love to cry and beg to win for the Prime PC Setup... I'm not eligible due to my area.

2 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Actually, New York, Rhode Island are the real question.

• Open in Rhode Island: If the total approximate retail value of all prizes awarded is over $500 and the sweepstakes is offered through a retail establishment (online or otherwise) and open to residents of Rhode Island, the sweepstakes will need to be registered in Rhode Island or residents of Rhode Island disqualified.
  • Open in New York or Florida: If the total approximate retail value of all prizes is over $5,000 and open to residents of either Florida or New York, the sweepstakes will need to be registered and bonded in New York and Florida or residents of those states disqualified. Also, plan your budget accordingly—registration and bonding in New York and Florida carry additional costs, which are mostly dependent on the total value of all prizes in the sweepstakes at issue.

Why is it only for 6 countries from Europe? What about the rest of us (Spain, Italy, Greece, Ireland, etc...)? Is there any legal issue that prevents us to be eligible for this kind of giveaway?

Congratulations for being eligible and good luck for the rest, I guess.

4 minutes ago, Pheelz said:

Oh well...since I'm in the EU but some laws applies for some countries in EU and not for others?... DE first should make eligible players not based on country , but on others metrics....

http://www.sorainen.com/UserFiles/File/Publications/Guide Promotional Games and Contests in the EU.pdf

this pdf hv all EU countries please find ur country's rule.

totla value of this event is about $31,000 USD

i guess DE should never hv this amount of event again so every country can play and nobody crying

Edited by djtotato

Amazing(ly sad) how many people didn't take 30 seconds to look for the reason their country/region was excluded, and instead cry discrimination and blame DE.

I took a few minutes to find out why Canadians have to answer a math question, and I'm not even in Canada. 

2 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

Lol, I'm enjoying a giveaway on the other side, that's kinda funny.

EDIT: wait no italians allowed? I guess fun is over before it even started. 

There's a silly law in Italy which says that in an International giveaway the Italians must win at least a prize, or something like that.

That's why we Italians are busted each and every time.

Don't know if other regions have same rules...still DE could do a little giveaway with smaller digital stuff, like 1 Prime Access for specific regions that can't apply to the big prizes.

Loads of work I know and for little prizes, but those Community won't feel shafted/neglected.

@[DE]Taylor

Edited by (PS4)OmegaSlayer

2 hours ago, JoMenton said:

Very nice i am from Greece second or third class european citizen 

2 hours ago, Rafalna_Paljba said:

No Croatia? What? This makes me sad, because I spent a lot of time playing this game.

2 hours ago, lolthesystem said:

Why is it only for 6 countries from Europe? What about the rest of us (Spain, Italy, Greece, Ireland, etc...)? Is there any legal issue that prevents us to be eligible for this kind of giveaway?

Congratulations for being eligible and good luck for the rest, I guess.

http://www.sorainen.com/UserFiles/File/Publications/Guide Promotional Games and Contests in the EU.pdf

Croatia only allowed Croatia companies.

Greece has special rules if prizes value up some unspecified amount

go on to another game because of this?? why???