Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

26 million losers? I'm not so sure...

RextintorZ

2 hours ago, RextintorZ said:

This thread is available so that we, the REAL losers, can show up and register how many of us are playing this amazing game made by a truly devoted developer who likes us so much, just like when Rebecca showed up on The Game Awards yesterday.

Here is my signature: Lo- RextintorZ.

EDIT 1: for those who haven't seen The Game Awards yesterday with our Space Mom: https://clips.twitch.tv/thegameawards/SpotlessWrenVolcania

EDIT 2: and for those who can't hear the audio on the video, here is a transcript of what Rebecca said: "Yeah, I mean, we have 26 million registered lo- uh, users! Which is crazy to say out loud and these are the players who have been with us this whole time. They've been a part of this game as a service, 'free-to-play done right', we like to say, which, uh, it's been hard to do but we've made it for these, you know, for our players!"

Hide contents

Is DE slowly trying to make us let go of the game so they can move forward, though? Penny for a thought.

She was going to say at something at the end, possibly an apology?

I mean, I don't need Space Mom to tell me I'm a loser to my face for me to know I'm a loser.

BREAKING NEWS: somebody probably not used to speaking live to such a large audience peels slightly under pressure and makes a quick recovery.

Next up: water is wet. Stay tuned to find out more.

I do wonder though, what internal humorous jargon developers of the game industry have for "users". We are customers officially, if we pay. We are users if we just use and don't pay. We are patients, because we have to be patient sometimes, etc.

I just wonder, if they jokingly refer to us as "lusers" behind the curtain. I may be stepping over some lines of taste right now...

I really don't mind whatever the circumstance is. Matter of fact, since WF did not win anything, all the players lost the award. Put the word in the context of a gaming award night, it becomes crystal clear that she did not mean any harm. We all lost the awards we were so deserved. 26 millions people could not bring WF to any new height.

If there is anything worth dramatize about, it is us. Not Rebecca. Not Warframe.

Edited by Mickey33
Correct

She was right with the word L loser because we all are losers whom playing a moneygrab game. See I know the majority of players no have sense like this but the reality is they love our wallet as other developers do. They made this game for players whom like the futuristic games but they are clever enough to put It as free to play game instead the once you buy the playing right is yours. That not enough profitable while in the term of free to play they can get a whole lot money and instead of making what players ask just in few vital part they spend their time zo keep our Money in. Funny part Peoples Think they are different developers and the best out there and these peoples throwing at them the money like a social insurancy. See there are good devs and bad but DE is not special. They make bad decisions and good both but mostly so so decisions and they care for the money so they make the game more acceptable just to keep us pay for It. If they just sold once the game then okay there is no Real servers to keep It up because this current network experience is bad and not a mmo esque which needs so much money to keep online. They could be happy because they have many loyal and content Player whom paying so much to them. Peoples never learn what the ftp really means and throw out a lot of cash.

Just now, Sziklamester said:

She was right with the word L loser because we all are losers whom playing a moneygrab game. See I know the majority of players no have sense like this but the reality is they love our wallet as other developers do. They made this game for players whom like the futuristic games but they are clever enough to put It as free to play game instead the once you buy the playing right is yours. That not enough profitable while in the term of free to play they can get a whole lot money and instead of making what players ask just in few vital part they spend their time zo keep our Money in. Funny part Peoples Think they are different developers and the best out there and these peoples throwing at them the money like a social insurancy. See there are good devs and bad but DE is not special. They make bad decisions and good both but mostly so so decisions and they care for the money so they make the game more acceptable just to keep us pay for It. If they just sold once the game then okay there is no Real servers to keep It up because this current network experience is bad and not a mmo esque which needs so much money to keep online. They could be happy because they have many loyal and content Player whom paying so much to them. Peoples never learn what the ftp really means and throw out a lot of cash.

Pretty much everything about what u wrote and how u wrote it, hurts my cerebrum.

8 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

You... you don't seriously believe you're the only human being playing Warframe that understands the concept of "Warframe is a business and needs to make profit to continue to function" do you?

Cause I hate to tell you, Moses, but you aren't the first prophet.

6 minutes ago, Airyllish said:

You... you don't seriously believe you're the only human being playing Warframe that understands the concept of "Warframe is a business and needs to make profit to continue to function" do you?

The business model for this game is bad but viable because players like you feed It. Moses.

17 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

8 minutes ago, Airyllish said:

Not to mention that if they'd really only care for your money, they could follow the example of this guy. There are plenty of other ways to make more money easier, if that is all you care about.

Edited by KaeseSchnitte

3 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

I don't like it when Free2Play games pretend their amount of registered accounts actually represent active, individual users. But heyho, she almost said losers instead of users, big deal. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

In this term there is out a tons of game which more active. There is a lot of inactuve account. The real news which matter how many of us still playing. There are rough numbers.

3 minutes ago, KaeseSchnitte said:

Not to mention that if they'd really only care for your money, they could follow the example of this guy. There are plenty of other ways to make more money easier, if that is all you care about.

But not everybody know the same ways. They are devs their job to make a game their bosses care for the monetary part.

5 minutes ago, sidmarks1 said:

They'd better not!

It would be the same with other companies and families, although families are usually a lot less annoying with those things.

A family member would just tell you not to say those things again to their face  if they don't want to get problems with it. A company however, those usually deal the more annoying lectures as any negative publicity has the potential to lower sales and thereby lowering their income.