Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good secondary?

blAcE_

Question

On 03/12/2016 at 10:30 PM, THeMooN85 said:

Akstiletto even after 4 forma is weak and it's ammo efficiency is terrible, at least IMHO. Correct me if i'm wrong.

I'm sorry what? I think I formad my Akstiletto Prime 5 times I think. and it alone rips through enemies easily up to about lvl 80 in a half to 2 seconds. and in terms of ammo. with the maxed out ammo mod for carrier prime i never running out of ammo with it. 

Akstiletto Prime if you love OP and easy to use stuff.

I personally like the Angstrum. It has self damage and quite the spread, but it's not far off from the Tonkor, damage wise.

I mostly use the Spira Prime most of the time, built to red Crit with no element on them, just pure Crit. They kill Sortie Enemies rather quickly.

Maybe high firerate Dex Furis for lower level Missions, haven't tested them in high level Missions yet though.

12 hours ago, Loviam said:

I'm sorry what? I think I formad my Akstiletto Prime 5 times I think. and it alone rips through enemies easily up to about lvl 80 in a half to 2 seconds. and in terms of ammo. with the maxed out ammo mod for carrier prime i never running out of ammo with it. 

Gonna have to try it out with that ammo mod for carrier prime (currently using Helios). And maybe some experiments with status instead of crit build or both.

Edited by THeMooN85

Using Carrier with Ammo Case, here are 4 very cool secondaries that are very different.  Forma'ing all of them will make a big difference, obviously.  The first, the Atomos will give you a cool alt to the gammacor.

1.  Atomos.  Make sure you have the range mod on it.  It shoots a thick beam of plasma that causes some crazy splash damage effects.

2.  Twin Grakata.  They will eat ammo like crazy but can really provide a punch.

3.  Angstrum.  A missile-launching pistol?  So.  Much.  Fun.

4.  Pox.  One of the newer, very different weapons that represents a successful departure from standard fare - DE is to be commended.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Lex Prime - Hand Cannon.  Deletes enemies like a sniper rifle if modded well for damage, has excellent accuracy.  Excellent crit chance and status chance makes it a good Viral proc weapon.  Suffers a bit against nullifiers due to slow fire rate and small magazine size.

Vaykor Marelok - Budget Lex Prime.  Slightly worse accuracy and damage, better magazine size and status chance.  Better against nullifiers thanks to the additional magazine size, and is capable of reaching 100% status chance without extensive modding.  My preferred weapon for landing Viral procs.

Akstiletto Prime - Status hoses.  Rapid fire and the potential to hit 100% status chance without extensive modding means these are among the best Corrosive proc weapons you can find.  Crit chance is terrible but their ability to strip armor with corrosive is top-notch.

Twin Grakata - Interesting weapon.  On paper it looks like a terrible jack-of-all trades.  Properly modded, it boasts a competent crit and status rate, which makes it an excellent status hose with surprising damage behind it.  I mod for Corrosive on this one.  Eats ammo like popcorn, you will need Carrier w/Ammo Case or Pistol Ammo Mutation on this one.

Spira Prime - I hear a lot about the Hikou Prime, but the Spira Prime is basically the Hikou but better.  Excellent crit capacity, damage is solid, and it's dead-silent.  My only complaint is that, being a throwing secondary, hitting reliably from any sort of distance is a chore, but at least it's fully automatic, has a decent fire rate, and reloads blisteringly fast.

Sonicor - I don't use it much since its crit chance is literally nonexistent and its status chance is mediocre.  It does, however, ragdoll just about anything it hits that isn't boss-grade resistant to impact/blast procs.  It's fun, if not terribly effective.

Edited by Arkvold

Not much left to be said, but it does depend on what is available to you.

If you have a pair of primed critical mods for secondaries, a fair amount of forma, and a couple dual stat mods, I'd personally pick up the Akstilleto and its prime variant, is they're fairly fine weapons across all content from level 1 to 100.

If your mod library isn't fleshed out or lack forma, the shotgun secondaries such as the Brakk, Branco/prime, Pyranna, Detron, and Twin Rogga are very solid choices, as their immense base damage allows them to be used from level 1 to 40 with little mod investment. The Furis is also a decent choice, it does have a lackluster performance even when modded properly, but its syndicate life steal mod makes it a very nice pick if survivability is an issue.