Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavat Genetic Code 'Fix' - Nice one DE

lyravega

1 hour ago, DeFragMe said:

just as general question... but how low do you think the rate to get them is? as far as i know the drop rates got doubled not long after release.

i usually get atleast one when i do solo extermination and just kill the enemies with simaris hammer.. so i dont know what people make different.

You can find the actual loot rate on the wiki.

2 hours ago, Danjal777 said:

This is a little unrelated to the thread, but I think many in the audience will benefit from it.

I have farmed naturally 5 kavats.  It was daunting at first, but there's a method to it. 

1.  You will need complete simaris upgraded scanner.  Infinite scans that go a little faster and sometimes count as two.

2.  Use Equinox and put everything to sleep.  Then scan in peace.

3.  Solo.  It may seem tempting to try and get a group together, but not enough people know the quirks (which are: if a kavat gives you a DNA, that kavat will have it for everyone, if it doesnt, it's trash.  Kavats spawn in groups based on the number of players.  If a player shows up with a heliocor, he is gonna screw over the team.  You can kill them after you have finished scanning them. Oberon's screw everything up by making the kavats invulnerable.)

4.  ODE.  You want to do this on the orokin derelict exterminate.  This limits the grineer interference and reduces the chances of mission failure.

5.  Perseverance.  You will not get twenty scans in one run.  Pace yourself, maybe plan on five in one day.  Then after four days, you got a kavat cooking.  The RNG has given me missions with up to nine scans, and many with zero.

Hopefully this helps someone!

-Danjal

1) is nice.  But I got mine without doing so.  I used the regular scanner without any upgrades.  it's cheap as fudge and doesn't require any extra grinding.  This would be helpful if you plan on scanning more than just this.  But if you're only after kavats i'd consider it a waste of time.

2) not needed at all. ODE is pretty easy content difficulty wise.  and you can easily kill off all the enemies who might be attacking the ones you need to scan before they die.  But I did use inaro's pocket sand ability.

3) yes solo is the best way to go.

4) yes ODE is the best way to go.

5) I was lucky and had a friend gift me a kavat incubator segment.  So I only need 10 DNA each time.  I also have the advanced segment so my pets dying in a mission don't mean anything.  It took me 2 nights of a few hours to get all the DNA I needed.  It was deff a lot worse when kavats first came out.

4 hours ago, Trichouette said:

And yet the methods to obtain a kubrow don't "complement each other", and as you can see pretty much everybody seem to have a hard time farming for that DNA.

It's really a shame, especially considering how OP kavats are compared to kubrow.

Seems like another case of "powercreep", unless that it's close to impossible to obtain.

For the people still looking for DNA I'd advise to rather sell stuff for platinum and buy DNA from the market, that'll be a better use of your precious time.

Thanks, at least I learnt something today.

I'm surprised, you seem to be the only person in DE's team to actually take a look at the forum, if only that had a better impact...

I think I'll save it somewhere... It could be of a great use for future threads ;)

Kavat's are utility.  kubrow are damage.  Kind of similar to how damage frames fall off in end game content rather harshly but utility frames stay good.  That's not really power creep.  and even though kubrows might be slightly annoying to obtain scanning for kavats is MUCH worse.  At least kubrow are worth having.  sentinels don't get anything.

17 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Last Friday, an Alert with Kavat Genetic Codes ran for the first time since Update 19.1.0: Ash Revisited. The @WarframeAlerts account on Twitter tweeted that the rewards would include 10 Kavat Genetic Codes, but as many of you reported, only 1 Genetic Code was received after successfully completing the mission. 

[DE]Danielle let you all know at that time that we were aware of this issue, and that we were looking into it:

While investigating your reports, discussions around the Kavat Breeding process were had. As most of you are aware, in order to successfully breed your Kavat you need a total of 20 Genetic Codes (10 for the Incubator Upgrade and 10 to breed). Before Genetic Codes were added as an Alert resource, the only way to procure codes was to scan Feral Kavats in the Derelict. The Alerts were offered as a means of assisting with the Kavat Breeding process overall. However, after this morning’s discussions we felt that 10 Kavat Genetic Codes from an Alert would completely dissuade players from attempting to gather them from Scans in the Derelict, which is not the goal here.

As a result, we have adjusted the reward value from 10 to 5 Kavat Genetic Codes. Keep in mind the Alert cycle has been compressed so you'll see rare Alerts more frequently. So in addition to Derelict Scans, the ability to collect Genetic Codes and breed your Kavat can still be expedited. 

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused, Tenno!

Ok so I made halfassed comment previously but I wanted to get around to the reason you've provided for lowering the amount of DNA codes. Keeping the players more ingaged is good reasoning for lowering the amount of codes, after all you guys work hard to make content for us to play. However, I have several issues with how we attain the codes to begin with.

I wanted to mention that scanning kavats is a completely unengaging and unfun shore that I am forced to do to get the codes, there is nothing fun about how we have to go about getting the codes. Since kavats are invisible we basically have to run out there with our scanners out constantly switching between weapons and scanners because god forbid we engage the enemies and accidentally wipe the room clean of life.

Kavats also don't keep still so I have to CC lock them to scan which means I don't get to bring some of my favorite frames for risk of killing everything or get annoyed trying to track them down as jump all over the room. Not mention the god aweful RNG associated with it which means I have to spend hours upon hours doing this same and annoying, unfun task just to have pet. At least with Kubrow eggs  and other reasources in general you are just expected to break or kill things which is much less of a hassle even with the bad RNG. If you want us to keep going to get those codes out in the "wild" make it more enjoyable. My buddy uses his helicor to scan but has to wait till the whole group scans before he can smash away. :/

Edited by S0V3REiGN

54 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

1) is nice.  But I got mine without doing so.  I used the regular scanner without any upgrades.  it's cheap as fudge and doesn't require any extra grinding.  This would be helpful if you plan on scanning more than just this.  But if you're only after kavats i'd consider it a waste of time.

2) not needed at all. ODE is pretty easy content difficulty wise.  and you can easily kill off all the enemies who might be attacking the ones you need to scan before they die.  But I did use inaro's pocket sand ability.

3) yes solo is the best way to go.

4) yes ODE is the best way to go.

5) I was lucky and had a friend gift me a kavat incubator segment.  So I only need 10 DNA each time.  I also have the advanced segment so my pets dying in a mission don't mean anything.  It took me 2 nights of a few hours to get all the DNA I needed.  It was deff a lot worse when kavats first came out.

Don't get me wrong, there's more than one way to skin a cat (and harvest it's DNA), but I found that was the easiest way. 

A nice trick to get simaris standing is to go into a high level exterminate and stealth scan enemies.  You will get around 200 standing per enemy and after 100 enemies, that's 20000 right there.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

Kavat's are utility.  kubrow are damage.  Kind of similar to how damage frames fall off in end game content rather harshly but utility frames stay good.  That's not really power creep.  and even though kubrows might be slightly annoying to obtain scanning for kavats is MUCH worse.  At least kubrow are worth having.  sentinels don't get anything.

Kavats have very high damage and abilities like "remove all armor of X enemies" with close to no cooldown.

They might have more damage than kubrows thanks to that.

And as I said, kavats are harder to obtain but seriously are we talking about "hard" or "tedious" ?

Considering sentinels we all know they're close to useless thanks to kavats&kubrows but that's part of the forgotten features (R.I.P)

My comment got deleted for the second time without any notice or acceptable reason, so let me rewrite it once more.

10 -> 1 -> 5, Lowballing at its finest.

A lot of people seem to be saying " 5 is better than 1, no complaints!"

...I wouldn't be surprised if the "bug" wasn't so unintentional.

Edited by NativeKiller

2 hours ago, Danjal777 said:

Don't get me wrong, there's more than one way to skin a cat (and harvest it's DNA), but I found that was the easiest way. 

A nice trick to get simaris standing is to go into a high level exterminate and stealth scan enemies.  You will get around 200 standing per enemy and after 100 enemies, that's 20000 right there.

well yeah.  I was just being a little nitpicky because the way I read it it sounded like the "best" or "optimal" way.  apologies if that wasn't the intent.  And yeah i've read up on how to get standing for him.  I kind of just don't want to xD I already am grinding out MR and syndicates.

1 hour ago, Trichouette said:

Kavats have very high damage and abilities like "remove all armor of X enemies" with close to no cooldown.

They might have more damage than kubrows thanks to that.

And as I said, kavats are harder to obtain but seriously are we talking about "hard" or "tedious" ?

Considering sentinels we all know they're close to useless thanks to kavats&kubrows but that's part of the forgotten features (R.I.P)

Kubros still in general survive better and do more damage.  Kavats sharpen claws is very powerful.  and getting red crits on crit builds while you have cats eye is super nice.  If we are talking single target straight damage then kubro wins.  But it's because the kavat has the ability (with a mod) to attack more than one at a time that gives people the idea that they do more damage.  Not to mention kavats generally don't attack.  or I should say their attacking isn't consistent like a kubrow.

For what it's worth I have both a kubro and a kavat.

52 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

Kubros still in general survive better and do more damage.  Kavats sharpen claws is very powerful.  and getting red crits on crit builds while you have cats eye is super nice.  If we are talking single target straight damage then kubro wins.  But it's because the kavat has the ability (with a mod) to attack more than one at a time that gives people the idea that they do more damage.  Not to mention kavats generally don't attack.  or I should say their attacking isn't consistent like a kubrow.

For what it's worth I have both a kubro and a kavat.

Kubrow:

• 1306 slash damage
  • 5% status chance
  • 43% crit chance
  • x9.6 crit damage

Kavat:

• 344 slash damage
  • 7.5% status chance
  • 86% crit chance
  • x6.4 crit damage

I'm not sure which one is most reliable.

Kavats crit more often (if not always) + can hit up to 5 enemies at the same time if packed enough + can remove 100% of the armor

Kubrows just have way more base damage, so when they crit they one-shot pretty much everything.

Kubrows' precept pretty much s*ck compared to the kavats ones.

Also kubrows or kavats, none of them "survive better" since it depends on your frame (because of all the link mods)

In my opinion a kavat have way better utility and may have more damage than a kubrow, that would explain why they're hard to obtain.(or rather "stupidly tedious to obtain")

But right now the obtaining way is stupid...

(I still prefer kubrow though, they're way better looking in my opinion :p )

43 minutes ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

same with me Im starting to believe its a myth

As I already said, it got implemented not so long ago, only 1 appeared so far I believe.

Edited by Trichouette

Wait, i need 10 more? screw this. I farm my &#! through ODE whole day and finally start building incubator..and i need 10 more. Not only it's repetitive as F***, but also dreadful, because there are so many grineer units with broken flamethrower who one hit you for no reason. 

Edited by JustSneaky

On 6/12/2016 at 6:29 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

The Alerts were offered as a means of assisting with the Kavat Breeding process overall. However, after this morning’s discussions we felt that 10 Kavat Genetic Codes from an Alert would completely dissuade players from attempting to gather them from Scans in the Derelict, which is not the goal here.

As a result, we have adjusted the reward value from 10 to 5 Kavat Genetic Codes. Keep in mind the Alert cycle has been compressed so you'll see rare Alerts more frequently. So in addition to Derelict Scans, the ability to collect Genetic Codes and breed your Kavat can still be expedited. 

Hm, so i didn't liked when you announced we were going to get 5 instead of 10, but if you put it like that.... Ok, i'll take it. If it's meant to be a help and not replacing the Kavat Scan, then it's okay i guess.

Thanks for increasing the frecuency of alerts tho, i didn't even saw one since the change was announced.

On 06/12/2016 at 9:29 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

While investigating your reports, discussions around the Kavat Breeding process were had. As most of you are aware, in order to successfully breed your Kavat you need a total of 20 Genetic Codes (10 for the Incubator Upgrade and 10 to breed). Before Genetic Codes were added as an Alert resource, the only way to procure codes was to scan Feral Kavats in the Derelict. The Alerts were offered as a means of assisting with the Kavat Breeding process overall. However, after this morning’s discussions we felt that 10 Kavat Genetic Codes from an Alert would completely dissuade players from attempting to gather them from Scans in the Derelict, which is not the goal here.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused, Tenno!

What a load of rubbish... I'm sorry but it is.  We don't need 20 to breed kavats... we need 10 plus an additional 10 before we start to create the incubator segment, a LOT of us have done this already... and suffered the usual supposedly being reduced RNG in the process of doing so and the even more broken than now scorches.... 

You say the alert cycle has been compressed... I very rarely see a kubrow egg alert (seen one in the last 2 months) and I haven't seen ANY kavat alerts since the announcement during the hours that I play.  

Yes before the change getting kavat codes was only done by going into the derelict and scanning ferral kavats... do you realise how much of a pita that is with the broken scorches and the stupidly low scan rate of dna (I've done plenty of runs and come away with ZERO scans), not to mention we need to keep crafting keys to get there.... 

Compare that with the kubrows which drop an egg literally every time I go for a run on earth and see a ferral kubrow den...  and when they get an alert you get a whole kubrow to hatch...

So why is it that kavats are made into such a drawn out process to get hold of, it's not like we can actually select what which kavat we want from these dna scans when they're created so in most cases we don't just need to do 2 sets of 10 dna for both breeds let alone if we want the different tails etc...

Oh and before you think it's to make my life easier I've already farmed my FIVE kavats the old way...

Edited by LSG501