Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Final 2016 Devstream!

[DE]Rebecca

On 12/7/2016 at 2:58 PM, Caobie said:

Im curious as to what the design decision was to use normal valkyr as the base for prime. the design is nice and i like it im just curious as to why gersemi was not used as the base.

But It does not actually look like Corpus Valkyr and Gersemi is a deluxe skin, they ain't letting that be gotten for free.

4 hours ago, ninjadeboxers said:

Would you consider implement an effective level to warframe like guildwars 2 does? I mean weaken warframes and weapons stats in low tier missions and let them shine in high level content, this would allow you to do put events in lower tier missions that could be challenging enough to veterans dont be bored as they are now

I hope not, that would be terrible. It's better to have this as a mere option, which you do. Remove your mods and use weaker weapons. Use dragon keys even. Don't let others suffer for your personal inability to commit.

Edited by UrielColtan

With the addition of the new weather effects on the Grineer shipyards and War Within spoiler place will we be seeing it added to more pre existing tile sets? I would love to have an intense blizzard on some of the Corpus outposts.

I'm looking forward to this stream!

Question: In the War Within update you moved the Wraith and Vandal class weapons and the Sheev from the sortie rewards to the Invasion rewards. For more clarification, where are these parts now in the invasion rewards. Are they an item you can see on the status screen as the reward for completeing that invasion 3 times, or are they a random possible reward when completeing the mission? Some transparancy would be much appreciated!

Finally, as a player who has recently managed to get close to getting everything accessable mastered, I was wondering if there were plans to bring back some of the older items that haven't been re-released or are considered "exclusive." I of course dont expect Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime to be made available to everyone, but I was thinking about weapons like the Braton and Lato Vandal, Snipetron, and Gorgon Wraith (unless thats already in the invasion rewards).

Thank you guys so much for everything you've done this year, and I look forward to seeing what next year brings for us all!

On 12/7/2016 at 3:35 PM, Lored said:
  1. What's about Immortal skins for other warframes?
  2. When The Index NOT priview event?
  3. When we see full size Orbiter?
  4. New Dojo rooms, decorations? Dojo hangar room, like in Relay?
  5. Something new for Infested faction?
  6. Some lore part about Ancient? Who are they?
  7. New Sentient enemies?
  8. Winter packs? Skins?

We learned what ancients are in Simaris Synthesis.

So I was wondering a few things, that might have been asked before, but since I can't find any of them, I'll just ask them here:

• Will we ever receive a type of Multishot/Multihit type of bonus for Melee Weapons? I know that probably seems improbable due to the fact that a lot of melee weapons already get Multihits passively, but I was wondering if this was a possiblilty/on your minds already.
  • Will we be seeing more additions to the reward pools for the different Syndicates? I.E.: more mods for different warframes, more weapons, mods for weapons, etc.?
  • Will we ever be seeing a change to Channeling and that whole mechanic in-game? I was the biggest fan of Charged attacks back before Melee 2.0 came about and to see all of the charge speed/damage mods be turned into channeling is a little disheartening, since I can never really find a use for Channeling outside of maybe Life Strike, but that might just be me.
  • I was also wondering if we would ever get a change to primaries and secondaries similar to melee weapons stance and aura slots, where we could add a utility mod that would give us more mod points available for use for those two categories of weapons, and I could honestly see something like Punch Through or Reload Speed being considered utility and being the perfect candidate for those types of slots.
  • Not really a future update that I'd like to see, but as it stands right now, it seems the chance for a Riven mod to drop from a sortie has been changed, as before the patch that removed boosters from the drop tables of sorties, I got a Riven mod back to back to back, but now, for about 8 days running, all I've gotten was 2000 Endo or a Lens, which is nigh useless for me, just wondering if that was something on your part or just my bad luck.

That's it for now, although I did have a question regarding a 2.0 system of something, my mind is drawing a blank right now.

Once again, I thank you guys for all the hard work you put into making the community great, and I always look forward to new and future updates regarding the game!

I only want to suggest a small addition to the relic system that will be really good for many people.

I suggest the addition of an UI element to the reward selection screen of fissure missions that let you know two things:

1. The rarity of the item

2. The value in ducats of the item

This way while running trash relics to get parts to sell for ducats you get to choose the most expensive reward out of them all, and while you are running just to see if you get lucky with the drops of someone else, you get to see the rarity of the item so you know what to choose if you dont know if its worthwhile changing your own reward for that of others.

Thats all i want to say, dont rework the damage system, its fine as it is, but if you do, please dont ash it.

Are there any plans to rework dojos? The parent-child system is stopping me from deconstructing rooms despite their being another way around the room without going through it. Are there any plans to replace this system with a wayfinding system. There are many other suggestions on the warframe forums about dojos under the dojo 3.0 ideas, sugestions, and changes thread.

First of all, congrats for making it through another year. I sincerely hope there will be many, many more. My question is about Laser damage. Is there any talk about bringing it back as a damage type that has a secondary effect (like how Slash can cause a bleed proc), or is it just dead and gone?

On 12/7/2016 at 7:42 PM, OHKOBunny said:

I'm pretty sure that once damage 3.0 rolls out and the damage mods are removed / changed, riven mods will be the only way to get + damage, which I'm okay with as it makes rivens more valuable and would allow unused weapons to catch up to the meta ones for the most part.

That would set a bad precedent, making it so the main available mods are RNG and gambling based, and killing a lot of parity in earned progression on top of that.

How badly do you want the game to become a Chinese style moba/mmo slot machine? This type of situation is what I didn't like about random stat mods making a comeback.

Got rid of it before because it was realized that it was not a good idea as it opens doors for self harming nudges like that, and un-guaranteed progression/improvements.

Actual upgraded stats and stat improvement would make unused weapons catch up to the meta better instead of sticking them in RNG stat mods.

Edited by UrielColtan

Warning!  Spoilers!!!

I have a bit of questions for you guys about the future, but first, let me just say i had very much enjoyed the War Within and how the cinematic and was developed very well, opening quite a bit of things.  keep up the good work, steve i cannot wait to see your grass in action in the future, you had done an amazing job with it, also the volumetric lighting.

Now, for the questions....

1.  What is the future of the tenno.  The system added to the operator, for fun and mission purposes, but it has been a slight dead end, for, you see, the chances of an operator surviving out in the real world, alone, is about as good of the chances that the people being sent to make a small colony on Mars to survive long enough to make a return trip back home, because the rocket is a one way ticket.  I love how you added this to the game with the operator coming to understand his/her past, but the system was not ready to be used in missions.  Alot of people have been talking about it outside of destiny, on youtube, and even in your very own concept forums about ways to make this issue resolved, and one of the common parts of these topics is skill trees.  i've seen some very good creations from the concept forums and i even made a concept for it myelf, and like everyone else, i think a skill tree system should be implemented for the tenno.  Our ideas were the same but there were many differences added to it in order to make it feel like we were developing ourselves.  What is your though on your tenno system?  are you going to make it worth letting th operator roam?  I'd like to see something happen to make the operators themselves really worth using with the warframe and weapons.  One of my thoughts with the skill tree was with the use of the orokin ghosts we see on Lua, maybe a broken portion where the tenno were trained within their schools and other schools of their choosing, in which one master was for each school of the ghost, and they will teach you the way of your school as you do as they say with training, allowing you to level up and increase health, add shields, armor, increase speed, maybe new void moves and abilities, etc.

2.  Oberon rework?  I've been wondering and asking this sometimes with my questions in the past, but i'm going to ask again.  Is there going to be an oberon rework.  Don't get me wrong, what im asking is not a complete overhaul unless that is your plan, my focus is mostly on hallowed ground itself, but oberon needed some love with his abilities to give him the boost to make it to certain higher level missions, because, at a certain point, oberon's abilities become slightly futile compared to other abilities at that tier, and i would love to be able to use my oberon wherever i go, since he is my main frame.

3.  Natural tilesets?   Now, i may be daydreaming, but the silver grove seemed to have been awoken and has started its defensive matrix on the grineer's pollution.  Will this lead to more natural tilesets, where the grineer have either lost control of the area or maybe the silver grove had returned it to its former glory?  I mean, Earth is covered with many different biomes and whatnot to explore.  Is it possible the silver grove can lead to the making of new tilesets.  I had some ideas for this as well in the past with a tile set for deep woods, which was talked about with the feyarch skin of oberon, reef tileset on earth, mountain range tileset, cavern tilesets and more, with dangerous vegetation and environmental hazards to watch out for.  this could be a great chance for tilesets like these to also work on some more animals for the beast faction.

4.  Could you fix stalker's drop table?  He is broke, there is no denying it.  i have so many blind justices, dreads, molten impacts and just rare resources from the stalker it is not funny.  The other assassins had no issues with their drop tables like stalker does.  i mean, my first run in with zanuka lead to my first scimitar part, which is nice.  but out of the 27 dreads, 14 molten impacts and 7 blind justices i have gotten, the only other thing i have from him is dispair, only once and that was before shadow stalker.  it is near impossible for us to get the other parts he has, and from the rest of my clan, i have heard they were having the same kind of drops as well.  Can you fix the broken?

5.  Auxillaries for all warframes?  as far as we know, there are only three auxillaries used by specific warframe.  nekros's mortal bindings, and valky (prime)'s cables.  I would like to see some fun auxillaries available for other warframes to use, maybe specific warframe pieces.  Would that ever be used outside of valkyr and nekros?

6.  Will there be more than just the three weapons currently being used in tennogen?  i can't do tennogen, i don't have the rig, knowhow, nor the time for it as i progress through college and work, but i know that there are some out there that would love to make skins for other weapons besides just the amphrex, gorgon, galatine, skana, and whatever else was used.  and quite honestly, i would like to see them as well as other things added to tennogen.

7.  Titania glitch.  There is a thing i noticed whenever titania uses her fairy form.  in this case when you try to accelerate in this mode, she begins to shake and you move as fast as a burdened dragonborn on skyrim. can you fix this issue.  it always happens whenever i try to go faster.

8.  Operators outside the orbiter?  It's a cool thing you added, and also with the suits and whatnot people would like to interact as their operators outside of battle with other people.  Would it be possible that thi could be implimented in the future to where places like the dojo and the relays in which we all can interact.  hell, you guys may find a use for that shielded off area on the second floor of the relays for little things when people use the operators in the relays.

9.  Dojo 2.0?  not sure if it is 1.0 or2.0 already so im just gonna say 2.0.  The dojo needs a little bit of spicing up with new kinds of rooms, gardens, scenery, and decorations for the clanmates to mess with.  And please, try to add an eagle view of the room instead of what is currently being used to place and move objects.  It is a vry awesome tool to use in games where you created maps and whatnot, like farcry and tony hawk games, and could make decorating a room alot better.

10.  The reconstruction of former relays.  We can see those old remains of glorious relays out there on certain planets now, we know they are there.  Will we be able to rebuild them?  i mean, the invasions allows us to help creat fomorians and the razorback mechs, why is there no way to bring back what has been destroyed by our enemies when our enemies can restore what we destroyed of theirs?  i have a great idea of how this could be done, but i have not posted it yet.

11.  orbiter layouts/accessable decorative designs for holidays besides xmas?  Have you guys ever thought of making new layouts for the orbiter itself?  morph it in different ways that it suits the tastes of different kinds of people?   Also, you have decorations for christmas, but none for other holidays that are celebrated just as much.  Can you guys create holiday designs like that for us that we can switch around and whatnot when we want to?  that would be really enjoyable to me and many others out there who like that kind of stuff.

12.  Have you guys thought about giving the operator a transportation device?  Roller blades, a bicycle, a board etc.  something to make them.... a little bit faster.  Would you guys consider such a thing?  i think it would be a unique thing to add on.

13.  New kinds of slots on warframes?  Some people talked about this before, in which, if i remember, they were talking about adding additional slots to warframe in which to place one or two augments only in that slot, each slot when opened adding an additional 5 mod capacity to the warframe so that the slots currently available will be used for other mods and the augments would be out of the way if they are used.  Would you consider such a thing? or maybe adding mods to the exilus slot compatibility?

14.  adding old prime accessories into the market? Or maybe as sortie rewards like ya'll did the pyra syandana in the past?

Well, thats most of what i have been wondering about.  I hope you guys can answer a couple of my questions.  But thank you for such a great game and i will try my best to stay with you guys as long as i can.  Good luck with your developing and designing, get the rest you guys deserve, relax when you can and be awesome!

See you in the void

-  blazeshadow44, leader of the Knights or Erebus

Couple quick questions. 

One, are the +120% puncture mods (Bore, Piercing Caliber, Breach Loader, Auger Strike) going to be made available to get again outside of trading? The impact and slash equivalents have been available from Baro Ki'Teer in the past. 

Two is a quick quality of life question: Can Nova's Wormhole get a timer on the UI? 

1 hour ago, (PS4)oscarppu64 said:

I only want to suggest a small addition to the relic system that will be really good for many people.

I suggest the addition of an UI element to the reward selection screen of fissure missions that let you know two things:

1. The rarity of the item

2. The value in ducats of the item

This way while running trash relics to get parts to sell for ducats you get to choose the most expensive reward out of them all, and while you are running just to see if you get lucky with the drops of someone else, you get to see the rarity of the item so you know what to choose if you dont know if its worthwhile changing your own reward for that of others.

Thats all i want to say, dont rework the damage system, its fine as it is, but if you do, please dont ash it.

The rarity is visible through its color: Bronze is common, silver uncommon, gold rare, like mods. Also, ducat values are directly related to the rarity of the item in their relic. With few exceptions, common relics are worth 15, uncommon 45, and rare 100

- Don't you think the Operator's animation set is a bit "too heavy"?

He runs like someone who ate too much Turkey at Thanksgiving's dinner.

I think he needs to lok a bit more agile and less weighty.

- Do you think we could ever have our little "Vault"

A tab where we can move the items/bp that are either duplicates, or we want to sell/trade, or whatever...just to keep our inventory less clogged?

Edited by (PS4)OmegaSlayer

Hello DE and fellow Tenno,

My husband introduced me to the game on PC way back when and when the game moved to xbox one I jumped ship and played religiously even though I left behind some Plat lol. I have been watching the streams since I caught my husband watching these too cute chick's playing the game 😂 on prime time. I have a couple of questions I would like addressed if possible. 

1. Can we get Void Trace Runs separate from Relic Runs?

2. Can we get to hold more than one kubrow egg? Please I love kubrow 😍 

3. Can we get a Storage Room where we can store thing we don't want to sell or turn into ducats when the void traDer come thru?

4. My husband wants to know if we can get more customization to our remote mapping?

5. Can we get a Prime Access Pack of just prime Syandana and Accessories for all the Prime Warframes? Please 

I have more questions but my mind went blank just now. So I wish all of DE Happy Holidays and a festive New Year.

What does the addition of Riven mods mean for the damage rework? What's the current status and what details can you share of the damage rework?

Void, ship and underwater tilesets all have their own version of the sabotage mission type, but the planet based tilesets still use the old version.
Will we see a rework for planet based sabotages? Will the Derelict also receive its own sabotage mission?

Concerning the weapons summoned by warframe abilities (Exalted Blade, Artemis Bow, etc...), have you considered allowing players to mod them directly, rather than have them "borrow" mods from equipped weapons?

It's been a long time since we've had a warframe lore entry in the codex, do you have any plans for more?

Will you add bonus mission objectives for bonus loot, like the cache search from sabotage, to other mission types?

Will the Corrupted ever get their own weapon models, instead of reusing the Dera and Strun?
If they do, will we have access to their weapons?

In the codex some enemies have awesome panoramas while some are just an unit staring at a wall, can we get more panoramas please?

What happened to that gwent-like card game?

Have you considered making weapons that have Chroma's mechanic of energy color determining damage type?

Have you considered revisiting older weapons and giving them mechanics similar to Dual Toxocyst and Lesion?

Any plans for introducing Void Spy?

Any news on replaying quests in general, not just Second Dream and The War Within?

Long ago, Marelok was supposed to come out as a dual wield weapon, but due to some animation problems it was released as a single weapon, have those problems been resolved? Will we ever get a Twin Marelok?

The accuracy stat in the arsenal is somewhat misleading, even deceptive at times. Can we have a clarification on what it means?

When can we expect a new synthesis target? It's been a while...

Question to replaying and relating to quests: 

1) Now we have "The Second Dream" and "The War Within" quest that can be replay again, will the older quest will be getting the same treatment? 

The Operator will dream back in a transmission, and going back to replay those old quest like it was a dream.

I wished to replay old quests because some codex scans aren't obtainable unless grouped with new players that are going through the quest for the first time.

2) For the year 2017, Have DE planning another new cinematic quest?

Will it be a better pace in time and management this time because of how "The War Within" were drag on too long?

3) Will we get some new smaller quests that was side quest which could fun with little tidbits twist than trying to fitting as a big plot of Warframe. 

4) Phobos boss "The Sergent", will he get reworked soon?

1 hour ago, JMP3 said:

The rarity is visible through its color: Bronze is common, silver uncommon, gold rare, like mods. Also, ducat values are directly related to the rarity of the item in their relic. With few exceptions, common relics are worth 15, uncommon 45, and rare 100

I mean put that info in the reward selection screen itself, i dont think many people memorized what tier is each thing, and if somehow that is there then make it more visible cuz i havent seen it yet

In  years past, the Dev team has done a projection of the upcoming year- plans, aspirations, and a detailed reflection on the past year. I felt like we didn't really get to see that going into 2016, probably because you sneaky storytellers were holding out on plot points for TWW, which I understand, but I think more clarity with plans and goals for the year would be awesome to hear. <3