Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relics Are Not Random!

(PSN)Brexican

Ok this needs to be addressed. I am surprised how many don't know this after so many months of this system being out.

Relics are not randomly named.

The letter corresponds to the Rare Drop in the Relic**. 

The number is only based on how many Relics of the same letter already exist.

For example, Axi V5:

Rare Item -> Valkyr Chassis

Pre-existing # of Axi V[1,2,3,4]

I've talked to several that didn't know this and saw a post here saying unvaulted primes will be in Axi V6...which there are no unvaulted items starting with V so that never would've happened.

Not ranting, just a PSA of sorts.

**Also, there are a few Relics from the update when Void Keys were first transferred that DID NOT follow this system. Not sure why, BUT this has been the EXACT system to the LETTER (ha, pun) for Nekros PA, Mag UV, Valkyr PA, and now Frost/Ember UV. Seems this system will stick.

Honestly wish they'd update the few that don't match the system, that's gotta bother those OCD players out there...

If you made it this far in my post, thanks for sticking around, +14 brownie points to you!

Edited by (PS4)Brexican
Added ** for reference

4 minutes ago, shadowfire380 said:

Yea I noticed this when valkyr prime came out, a bit surprised I didn't see it earlier.

I think the reason it wasn't noticed by most is that some new prime parts come out as uncommon or common drops, and as such the letters do not correspond to the new parts themselves.

This time with Valkyr and Venka both being added, this added like 4 new V# relics across the tables. Really obvious.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Brexican said:

Relics are not randomly named.

The letter corresponds to the Rare Drop in the Relic

The number is only based on how many Relics of the same letter already exist.

Meso N2 (vaulted) Rare = Vban' helm. Not a V. sry.

Now... my question to you. How many Prime frames/weapon starts with V...? Now attach these Bp/parts/etc to a number with a V-prefix and pro-rata to 4 tier of fissures.

What will the number after 'V' be.

Edited by low1991

2 hours ago, low1991 said:

Meso N2 (vaulted) Rare = Vban' helm. Not a V. sry.

Now... my question to you. How many Prime frames/weapon starts with V...? Now attach these Bp/parts/etc to a number with a V-prefix and pro-rata to 4 tier of fissures.

What will the number after 'V' be.

1: I addressed the few misnamed Relics from the initial transfer. A few exceptions exist, but has followed suit every additional Relic since.

2. Not all new parts of any other V weapons will be the rare drop and will therefore will be in Relics of other letters.

2 hours ago, Olav152 said:

Bruh, like 2 weeks after SoTR someone made exactly the same topic.

I'm not surprised but the fact is most everyone I've talked to about this STILL still didn't know. Well they do now since I pointed it out. Just readdressing it to spread the word.

IIRC all the "miss" named ones have an uncommon that fits the letter (one exception is the Axi N1, which has nothing with an N). It was possibly a mistake and the relics were named prior to swapping those parts to being an uncommon before release.

Edited by Ghogiel

25 minutes ago, Ghogiel said:

IIRC all the "miss" named ones have an uncommon that fits the letter (one exception is the Axi N1, which has nothing with an N). It was possibly a mistake and the relics were named prior to swapping those parts to being an uncommon before release.

I too thought it was something like this.