Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Should Just Go Through With It ; It's Time For Solo Players To Give Multiplayer Another Shot

AtroSpiker

Just now, AtroSpiker said:

The last time someone tried to change the world, they kinda got crucified.

But just simply developing the more social mechanics of warframe isn't really changing the world, it's helping the game keep certain players to keep playing Warframe.

Go talk to your mom. Right now. You're no longer allowed to sit on your computer unless you talk to your mom while you do it.

3 minutes ago, AtroSpiker said:

No. Maybe it's the title or maybe they didn't read the OP at all, but it's probably both.

But the lack of player socialization and community building in game and outside of clans are severe. We login and log out, we don't stick around unless some new update comes out.

I guess "conversation about this theme" with you is nothing more, but a hitting a dead horse with a stick. Same sense :D

Do you see how many people telling you that solo option is not only fine, but MUST be in this game? And you keep standing on your own..eh.
You wanna get some friends? Here are some topics about that. Also use clan / aliance chats. Or Recruite. Or even trade chat ( yeah it's weird, but i got some new friends after trades)
But. Dude. You. Can't. Decide. For. All. Just can't. That is not how it works. And this topic itself approves that point very well.

Just now, AtroSpiker said:

Also a lot of you seem to be pushing much of what I say completely out of context.

Like where did I say "remove solo function". You can't just come in here all triggered seeing red. Like read the OP at least.

I did, and I still disagree with this, I really don't want to rely on other people having to do exactly the right thing at the right time.

15 minutes ago, AtroSpiker said:

No trials are a filter.

It separates players who can talk to each other and work together and they may become friends at the end after a good run, but not everyone who WANTS TO get into, can really get into it.

I am looking for something more watered down and inbetween, it can be anything really.

Right. You have to factor in the people who do play in groups but don't want to deal with Trials as well, obviously. Unfortunately at the moment it's really the only number we have to even vaguely spitball solo vs group player count with.

Something easy enough to solo but forced to be a group is a bit of a hard line, though. Because then you'll get someone who wishes they were in solo but wants the rewards rushing through the missions as fast and as solo as possible, gimping the experience for the others who might want to socialize. Typically that's why I solo. Because I want to go at a non-typical pace and don't want to frustrate other players by doing so. (Sometimes I want to explore the tileset, other times I just want to see how fast I can go. etc.)

In my opinion the first thing DE needs to do to encourage sociality is to do some work on the actual chats. Often these days in my experience region chat has two paces; too fast to reply or read, and completely dead. We need an in between. That's why people tend to chill in the relays, I think. They have a cap of players who can be there at one time and you have a visual representation of how many people might be wanting to chat (Warframes just milling around or sitting in emotepiles, etc)

If you want to boost social aspects in general though, I think the Relay is still the place to start. There's always people chatting and having actual discussions whenever Baro visits, for example. Make more things happen in the relays that might pull people together. Not things like syndicates where everything is static and unchanging, but other rotating tasks or stores that might make people ask questions and, from there, branch into other topics.

Edited by DrFail

4 minutes ago, AtroSpiker said:

The last time someone tried to change the world, they kinda got crucified.

But just simply developing the more social mechanics/aspects of warframe isn't really changing the world, it's helping the game keep certain players to keep playing Warframe.

Players are fine already, that is the point of all other comments :D

4 minutes ago, AtroSpiker said:

Warframe does attract a rather different and less sociable audience than other games, but I would like Warframe to appeal to more broader audience. 

And that is suposed to be the start words of your topic :P
and calling people irrelevant just because you think in a different way...big mistake. That is why here we can see small S#&$-storm coming.

Edited by WhyNotBro

you can go locking content behind a forced multiplayer wall unless its either really minor or late game stuff that isnt needed to do the other stuff in late game. trials are fine because they really only give arcanes, which while some are somewhat powerful, most only add a small bonus, and none of them are actually necessary to play late game stuff. its also certainly not stuff that gives MR, doing that, especially if it was a frame or a weapon with unique traits, would only serve to tick off a large portion of the playerbase, the majority of which either play entirely solo or spend atleast a notable amount of their time playing solo.

oh, and you're idea of when someone last tried to change the world is horribly wrong, unless somebody was crucified recently

1 minute ago, DrFail said:

Right. You have to factor in the people who do play in groups but don't want to deal with Trials as well, obviously. Unfortunately at the moment it's really the only number we have to even vaguely spitball solo vs group player count with.

Something easy enough to solo but forced to be a group is a bit of a hard line, though. Because then you'll get someone who wishes they were in solo but wants the rewards rushing through the missions as fast and as solo as possible, gimping the experience for the others who might want to socialize. Typically that's why I solo.

In my opinion the first thing DE needs to do to encourage sociality is to do some work on the actual chats. Often these days in my experience region chat has two paces; too fast to reply or read, and completely dead. We need an in between. That's why people tend to chill in the relays, I think. They have a cap of players who can be there at one time and you have a visual representation of how many people might be wanting to chat (Warframes just milling around or sitting in emotepiles, etc)

If you want to boost social aspects in general though, I think the Relay is still the place to start. There's always people chatting and having actual discussions whenever Baro visits, for example. Make more things happen in the relays that might pull people together. Not things like syndicates where everything is static and unchanging, but other rotating tasks or stores that might make people ask questions and, from there, branch into other topics.

Well to me I feel like these solo players just have had nothing but bad experience with playing with other players. I've had my fair share of good and bad experiences with other people but it's because of that, that I enjoy the game a bit more and stick around longer to hang out and play with them, but it would also be great if there were something extra to enhance that sort of multiplayer experience.

Relays are a good place to start. There was an idea of having a Colosseum where other players can watch you get bum-rushed by hordes of mobs on the screens in the relays.

Like watching a foot ball or soccer game on TV. 

3 pages in less than an hour?

Anyway. What we have now is fine. Playing with others is by choice, and don't bring your SAO analogy into this. We're experiencing the same game regardless of whether or not we choose to play it solo or to play with a group.

If you want the social interaction, you can do that, what you do is up to you. Don't force the entire playerbase to cater to how you want the game to be played.

I had a couple people harass and deride me because I told one of them that I liked his name just a few days ago.

That's what I get playing public.

If the WF community wasn't so awful, maybe I'd co sider playing public more often. I've surely met cool people. But so many are abusive why even bother? No less these forums. if this message gets approved I'm sure I'll get a response about how I should drink bleach for even daring to think negatively about any aspect of the game. Happens so often.

Edited by SweetSlaanesh

Just now, NekroArts said:

You want to encourage social gameplay by implementing missions that screw solo players over... really?

Again with the pushing it out of context.

I just feel like having to make something new but then also having to keep solo players in mind too limits the potential of Warframe in general and what it can become that's all, it's not really screwing you guys over but rather encouraging you guys.

1 minute ago, AtroSpiker said:

Again with the pushing it out of context.

I just feel like having to make something new but then also having to keep solo players in mind too limits the potential of Warframe in general and what it can become that's all, it's not really screwing you guys over but rather encouraging you guys.

Then I suggest you do something about that first paragraph of your OP.

1 minute ago, SurrealEdge said:

3 pages in less than an hour?

Anyway. What we have now is fine. Playing with others is by choice, and don't bring your SAO analogy into this. We're experiencing the same game regardless of whether or not we choose to play it solo or to play with a group.

If you want the social interaction, you can do that, what you do is up to you. Don't force the entire playerbase to cater to how you want the game to be played.

The SAO analogy is just a joke and a poke.

And it's not forcing the entire playerbase. How does expanding a social aspect of the game count as forcing the entire player base?

If that were possible then the same would apply to solo player cater vice-versa. 

1 minute ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

I mostly play solo, primarily because too many of the people I meet are similar to you.

That's a lie. Most of the people you meet don't even try to talk to you. Once the mission is done they leave and you never see them again.

1 minute ago, NekroArts said:

Then I suggest you do something about that first paragraph of your OP.

Well what would you recommend?

Also the title too?

I wanted to make an impression and these titles and way of writing attracts quite a lot of attention, but most don't seem to be open minded enough and just let their feelings cloud them from seeing what could be a potentially good idea for the game in the future.

Edited by AtroSpiker

3 minutes ago, AtroSpiker said:

Well what would you recommend?

Also the title too?

I would remove it, the rest of the paragraph is okay. I get it you want to encourage social gameplay and that's fine, but that first paragraph pretty much says "screw the solo players."

Edited by NekroArts

1 minute ago, WhyNotBro said:

Delete the topic. No sarcasm :D

Well aren't you certainly lovable. =)

Just now, NekroArts said:

I would remove it, the rest of the paragraph is pkay. I get it you want to encourage social gameplay and that's fine, but that first paragraph pretty much says "screw the solo players."

Very well I'll do just that.

43 minutes ago, AtroSpiker said:

You guys are irrelevant. The invisible minority. You are only holding us back.

You know I was gonna give this thread a chance, but man you just literally lost all respect out of me and probably alot of people. Not everyone has the time, nor the internet like you do am afraid, maybe they don't want to burden other cell's, or become a lag host so they play solo. You can still play dam solo and still be helpful on chat. Go back to your sorry delusions.