Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Plantium, how to spend it?

GodzAlba

Question

9 answers to this question

Things to buy at the start of the game with plat

Warframe slots, Weapon Slots, Arcwing Slots (if you actually like arcwing, if not just ignore), Potatoes (catalysts and reactors) try and use them only on a weapon that you will use most of the time or warframe that is primed or that has no prime but is useful. Color Palettes for the early fashion frame.

Things to buy at the late game with plat

Same slots, potatos, rare mods that can't be farm in game (Argon Scope for example), Warframe Primes and Mastery Fooder Prime that are vaulted (Rhino, Nyx, Nova, Etc. / Sure you could wait for the unvaulting, but if you don't want to wait, just buy them).

Things to buy at the end game with plat (Hopefully you will be MR 18 or 20 by then and know how to earn your platinum without the need of money).

Arcanes (Only if you hate with a passion the Raids), Lenses (If you also hate Sorties), Forma Bundles (Before you all start to hate me, sometimes it takes FOREVER to build a damn forma. So unless you have the patience of a saint just buy the 3 forma bundle to quickly max a weapon + warframe + pet or build weapons that require forma). Rare Mods you cant farm in game, vaulted primes or first day primes if your platinum income is good, arcwing parts (by now you are looking for mastery rank fodder for that shinny MR 22 / 23), syandanas and cosmetics (its the end game, fashion frame is the true endgame, sorties suck :D ).

That is all, good day gentlemen <3

I always get mine from trading, so naturally I'm stingier than a Crewman awaiting a payday. Suppose I'll attempt to help.

0) Avoid mod packs/ Resource bundles. You can get these cheaper by trading for the mods, and getting a resorce booster instead of the resource directly.

1) Go ahead and grab your favorite palette if you don't have it. I like purples, so I grabbed Twilight first.

2) Deluxe skins. They're only available with platinum, so if you have a frame you really like, yeah.

3) Most weapons can be built easily in the foundry, if you have to have it right then you can rush it for much less but I'd still not suggest that.

4) Catalysts. If you want a large arsenal of weapons you use, you'll want to stock up on these. Reactors are a little more common and are used less, I've never had to buy them directly.

Edit: forgot to mention, as this sort of platinum is the primary currency in trading, you can get a great riven mod for your favorite weapon/frame, or a prime/wraith/vandal upgrade for it. My favorite Dera has gone from barely taking out lv20 lancers to being sortie worthy from this. (Note Rivens are currently only for primaries aside from shotguns at the moment)

Edited by Serinexxa
More details