The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bind all FINISHERS to the "use" key

-CM-Thorn

The fact that finishers are bound to the same key as melee attacks is my biggest problem with warframe right now.

Inaros is my favourite frame for some time now, which means that I use him a lot. When I play Inaros, I use his 1st ability all the time. It is a great ability: it stunlocks enemies, gives you a 8x melee multiplier and opens enemies up to finishers. This is the perfect ability for meleeing, right?

Well no, there is one major problem that makes this in fact an anti-melee ability. That is the fact that you will be performing finishers all the time, whether you want it or not. With some high range weapons you can still melee a bit, but this is very unreliable. You can easily find yourself getting stuck in finishers animations.

Then the other side, when you are actually going for finishers. Even that is not completely reliable, a few melee swings still slip through here and there.

This applies for every frame with an ability that opens enemies up to finishers: inaros, excalibur, mirage, valkyr, nezha, equinox and ivara.

This system is clearly inefficient right now, so I suggest binding finishers to the "use" key or allow players to bind finishers to a key of their choosing.

A similar treatment has already been applied to stealth attacks, why not expand it to all finishers?

Or you can use combos, slide attacks (yeah...atterax or t-boltace) and such to avoid finishers.  Thats part of the "play" and a tradeoff for EXTREEME melee damage.

Sorry but all you ask for is cheap cheese. Spam 1st + spam melee to kill everything. Meh. We have enough of that sht already.

Better learn to avoid finishers properly.

2 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Or you can use combos, slide attacks (yeah...atterax or t-boltace) and such to avoid finishers.  Thats part of the "play" and a tradeoff for EXTREEME melee damage.

Sorry but all you ask for is cheap cheese. Spam 1st + spam melee to kill everything. Meh. We have enough of that sht already.

This is not about the cheese, it's about not being able to melee properly. I would ask for this change just the same without those stealth multipliers. Yes, you can do it quite effectively with the atterax, lesion or t-boltace, but I would like to be able to melee with other melee weapons as well. It's just not fun getting stuck in finisher animations when you don't want to.

1 minute ago, V45H said:

would you believe me if i said it used to be on the interact key and people wanted it on the melee key?

Well, I have only played warframe for little more than a year now, so I wouldn't know. If it is true what you say, then I guess the best thing is to let the player decide what key to bind finisher prompts to.

I second this. Not being able to choose what type of attack you want to do is pretty ridiculous in a game as fast paced as this one. 

I'm strong enough to combo melee my blinded enemies to death, I don't need to skewer all of them personally. 

Trying to perform stealth attacks or ground finishers on infested enemies with a short range weapon is pretty awful, since more often than not you just poke them and ruin the chance for the finisher, even though you are already practically overlapping their model. The ability to use finishers as context interactions rather than melee attacks would be very welcome.

19 hours ago, Kainosh said:

Are you failing to understand what he's actually saying?

He wants another button for finishers. This is not a huge ask. How does that make cheese? How does having a reliable action instead of trying to rely on an apparent dice roll make the game cheesy? How does AVOIDING extremely high damage finishers (that have no mitigation, making them the strongest attacks in the game) make the game cheesy?

Just... what

Edited by AdunSaveMe

20 hours ago, Thorn001 said:

The fact that finishers are bound to the same key as melee attacks is my biggest problem with warframe right now.

+1. On the fact that our default spam E melee does a greater DPS with AOE (depend on reach) then a single stealth take down.

On 12/12/2016 at 5:14 AM, Kainosh said:

Finishers are larger single target damage than the combos....especially of considering Covert Lethality 1-hit

As for using Slide-attacks or combos to avoid triggering Single target finisher:

Does not Work for all Melee weapon types*

Plain and simple, you can avoid finishers with good reach weapons. Shorter reach weapons get you locked into the Single target animations.

Or when game allows you to have killed an enemy with slide-attack but still triggers Finisher animation w/no enemy

9 hours ago, Sirfol said:

=\ while i think it's possible for pcs, how about the console players?they're controller is pretty cluttered (damn u sony and microsoft for your few buttons controller!).

No offences. It's time for those players to return from their holiday break from PC and get converted into PC user master races.

(JK)

On 13.12.2016 at 10:52 AM, AdunSaveMe said:

Are you failing to understand what he's actually saying?

He wants another button for finishers. This is not a huge ask. How does that make cheese? How does having a reliable action instead of trying to rely on an apparent dice roll make the game cheesy? How does AVOIDING extremely high damage finishers (that have no mitigation, making them the strongest attacks in the game) make the game cheesy?

Just... what

Because last time i used Inaros, his 1st also affected normal melee attacks. Any hit had damage buffed. Not only animated finishers.

Also, finisher is a single target thing. And its somewhat slow.  Some melee builds with proper combo usage can outperform finisher spam (because aoe and faster combo mult gain).   Unless you go on a really high lvl where armor is so insane that nothing but bleed and finishers work.

It'd be nice to have that, but first I'd like to see a reason to use normal melee.. With Naramon + Maiming Strike + Blood Rush, the best melee attack is just slide attacking 3 times per second. There's so many cool stances like Swirling Tiger that'd be great to see used more.

Also, how is asking to not be forced to do finishers cheese? I am very confused. 

2 hours ago, Kainosh said:

Because last time i used Inaros, his 1st also affected normal melee attacks. Any hit had damage buffed. Not only animated finishers.

Also, finisher is a single target thing. And its somewhat slow.  Some melee builds with proper combo usage can outperform finisher spam (because aoe and faster combo mult gain).   Unless you go on a really high lvl where armor is so insane that nothing but bleed and finishers work.

Parry or Finisher Prompt grants Melee Stealth Multiplier to normal Melee attacks.

Melee Stealth Multiplier is AoE friendly where as Parry/Stealth finishers are single-target

Gas AoE procs with Stealth Melee Multiplier can still chew threw high level Armored enemies with ease as the more enemies bunched together the stronger the damage.(If DE provides a lvl9999 Grineer or Sentient event I will capture a video)

Unfortunately that is the only non Bleed Status that benefits Melee in endless scaling with Stealth Multiplier, to my knowledge*

The issue to be addressed is that some Melee combos have short reach and thus trigger the Single target animation.

If they changed Finisher prompt to context use: a Player could choose whether to utilize Stealth multiplier for quick kills and Finishers for Heavy Targets (Like Sortie/Luca Flood Wardens which are very weak to Stealth/Parry Finishers (not Ground Finishers) or high-level Prosecutors which have Elemental resist enhancements) 

Shaku & Ninkondi can avoid the Single Target Finishers with Primed Reach to utilize Stealth multiplier.

(Also Impact can stun enemies out of Stealth Melee Multiplier......get frustrated with Primed Reach weeping wounds Impact only Shaku)* 

7 hours ago, low1991 said:

No offences. It's time for those players to return from their holiday break from PC and get converted into PC user master races.

(JK)

17 hours ago, Sirfol said:

=\ while i think it's possible for pcs, how about the console players?they're controller is pretty cluttered (damn u sony and microsoft for your few buttons controller!).

Context Use button would be prompt on Consoles...so the same button that is used to open doors/pickup objects/revive players

If you are on console and toggled reload to Context use key. It frees a button to use for Power E or Alt-fire.

Changing Finisher Prompt to have option to be Context Use and unbound from Melee button would allow a Player to use stealth multiplier applied to Parried/Finisher Prompted enemies. Or use Context use for a single enemy.