Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My personal Apology to the Fans

IgnusDei

On the other hand, I hate almost every single tweak made by the art team and I still dislike the Banshee skin to this day

On the other hand you generally don't mess with your employers no matter how crappy your situation is

also god damned tennis balls on Nova skin for god's sake what kind of design choice is even that

... well either way, I wish you luck in your future projects. 

I did not know that most of the deluxe skins were designed by OP.

I thank you for bringing these masterpieces to this game, they made me play it more even though they did not add any new playable content. I am very sorry your designs were altered by DE's art team and that they did not understand the passion you put in your works. 

Many members of our community will miss your art. I bid you farewell.

Edited by OzoneAle

1 minute ago, TotallyLagging said:

On the other hand, I hate almost every single tweak made by the art team and I still dislike the Banshee skin to this day

On the other hand you generally don't mess with your employers no matter how crappy your situation is

also god damned tennis balls on Nova skin for god's sake what kind of design choice is even that

Oh yeah, except that one.

The tennis ball fly face backhands Nova skin was pretty fugly. I ranted about it so much on Discord that one of my friends gifted it to me as a prank.

1 hour ago, Mr.ToastForPresident said:

No it has been said that it was made by Ignus, or his IRL name, in devstream 81 around 50 minutes. 

He only made the following:

Rhino Palatine, Trinity Strega, Loki Knave, Banshee Deluxe, Oberon Feyarch, Ash Koga, Frost Deluxe , Mag Deluxe, and Ember.

Just now, AtroSpiker said:

Rhino Palatine, Trinity Strega, Loki Knave, Banshee Deluxe, Oberon Feyarch, Ash Koga, Frost Deluxe , Mag Deluxe, and Ember.

Nearly all of the beautiful, elaborate yet minimalist, elegant ones, in other words.

They're all fantastic. Well, at least we've got 'em.

23 minutes ago, IgnusDei said:

Hey Dawn, fancy meeting you here, of all places, of all the times :)

Nice to hear you went pro. What are you working on?

YOU CAN'T LEAVE!!!! T ^T

-clings to legs-

-gasp-

I WON'T LET YOU!

ANiTv.gif

Edited by AtroSpiker

13 minutes ago, AtroSpiker said:

Only? 6/9 available in game (i don't count proto armour and nemesis skin as deluxe skins)^^

Edited by The-Tective

15 minutes ago, AtroSpiker said:

Mistake on my part, I was only referring to the Frost skin and not the Nova skin.

Although it seems the Chroma skin and the Nova skin could be the same person as they both share a similar aesthetic and both are in house. 

The other skin designer could be Mynki, who made the Saryn and Valkyr skin.

Edited by Mr.ToastForPresident

14 hours ago, IgnusDei said:

Hey folks.

I #*($%%@ up.

I got too passionate. I butted heads with the art team and they butted back harder. I knew this was going to happen, but at the time, I really didn't care. Suffice to say, bridges got burned, bad.

I won't be able to design more deluxe skins for you any more.

I'm sorry.

Sincerely,

IgnusDei.

Well, that legitimately sucks for everyone involved. You, DE, and us as fellow community members/consumers/gamers/end users of the content y'all produce.

These things do happen in most/all work environments: if we're new hires, if we're freelancers or consultants, company hierarchy dictates we respect senior members' wishes.

It gets much tougher in some scenarios (and creative ones like art design teams is definitely one of them).

Someone always has to compromise. Someone's got to give. It's when we can't that things go downhill. 

Just speculation, anyway.

I don't know what happened, but you have my respect for owning up to your mistake, your part in the bridge burning.

You're an adult. The art team is full of adults. Most of us are adults.

You'll be okay. DE will be okay, and we'll be okay.

But damn am I going to miss your deluxe skin designs. I looked forward to seeing one for every 'frame.

For the record, I watched that deluxe skin thread's last few posts and agreed with this in part:

Last night I was trying to post but my W10 machine's been having WI-FI issues and I lost the post. Didn't feel like re-posting it and moved on.

What I'll say now (and would've then) is that I liked Mynki's changes to her helmet and left hip. 

Your original helmet was great, but I think the new helmet fell in line with some of Ember's other crazy helmets. The hip detail added a flair, a sense of style that's present in her idle (I forget which one). Her bare left hip also just looked too flat to me.

What I disliked was Mynki's addition of the left elbow detail. It's just this weird looking hyper-extended thing now.

Edited by Rhekemi

3 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

Last night I was trying to post but my W10 machine's been having WI-FI issues and I lost the post. Didn't feel like re-posting it and moved on.

What I'll say now (and would've then) is that I liked Mynki's changes to her helmet and left hip. 

Your original helmet was great, but I think the new helmet fell in line with some of Ember's other crazy helmets. The hip detail added a flair, a sense of style that's present in her idle (I forget which one). Her bare left hip also just looked too flat to me.

What I disliked was Mynki's addition of the left elbow detail. It's just this weird looking hyper-extended thing now.

This was my thoughts on it. I like the mohawk blade, feels more Ember, and the skirt adds some flair. Elbow change was weird.

Edited by Gelkor

7 hours ago, (PS4)ArnnFrost said:

They removed the ruined burnt bits for a cleaner look that ruins the dark grim half of her and added a blade on the helmet to remind us that she's still a chicken....And what's with the unnecessary nails on the daggers!? ... Why bother ask for community designs if they're going to downgrade everything anyway?! X.x no those extra burnt edges won't affect the performance!

Thank you for your hard work, Ignus. Every Tenno in the galaxy (the new Galaxy note, jk) appreciates your designs! Be safe out there Tenno, the corpus greed may stand in your way!

lemme help you there, they made alterations that would make it easier to rig on an alternate model with as little work as possible, if you notice some of the finer details were changed, most noticeably is the elbow, before it was jagged and fit the demonic design, now it looks like a bike pad, which is similar to the generic design, seriously...those design changes and I'm not surprised Ignus left.

12 hours ago, Kastorius said:

Oh yeah, except that one.

The tennis ball fly face backhands Nova skin was pretty fugly. I ranted about it so much on Discord that one of my friends gifted it to me as a prank.

Yeah, that one wasn't designed by Ignus, it was designed by the "bosses", apparently.

13 hours ago, TotallyLagging said:

We are the real bosses, DE needs to take that to heart much more in regard to us. If DE are altering to the point of compromising such loved artistic talent and letting them go, then they need to be told to settle down, ASAP, not the other way around. Its honestly for their own good less they end up further running the game into the ground. And no, DE saying one thing and doing the other does not count as actually taking that to heart.

Edited by UrielColtan

39 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

I was not the only one mentioned that the alteration is related to censorship (in china of cause) in this thread but my post got deleted lol. I think it's bullseye eh?

Or you know, they're not trying to spread misinformation?

@IgnusDei Listen my main man!  You do some of the most fantastic artwork and concept art out there that have seen but it only translate well into the game like half the time. I don't think you're doing these concepts with in mind how it is going to be 3D modeled or shown in game. ;<

SO PLEASE RECONSIDER! D:

Edited by AtroSpiker

13 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

This was my thoughts on it. I like the mohawk blade, feels more Ember, and the skirt adds some flair. Elbow change was weird.

I also dislike the spikes on the melee weapon. They serve no purpose. If I'm slicing, why would I want spikes interrupting my flow?

12 hours ago, mnb328 said:

I hope you keep designing warframe skins as fanart in deviantart.

Sure, I mean, if he wants to. But when you move up from just being a fan artist to the next level, I think you should keep going.

I hope he moves on to other games, other multimedia, and establishes himself as a professional artist in one or more industries.

His work here will make for a great portfolio, and he has plenty of time to learn how to better navigate existing art teams. I say that not because I don't think the art team pushed back, or that they didn't do anything wrong--the very well might have. Takes two sides to fight, after all.

I say that because everything is a learning experience. Everything we experience is part of our growth as adults and professionals in our fields.  

That's what I hope he takes away from this.

Would I like DE to take him back? Yes. But sometimes it's time to move on.

9 hours ago, Xeotroid said:

On the left you can see the original, on the right you can see the edited version by DE.

SnLw4lD.jpg

Seriously I've looked at this thing over and over and the arm tumor DE thrusted upon IGs design is insanely annoying.

The spikes on the blade don't work on a slicer.....

The skirt dealy to make her look as if she isn't naked is insanely silly..... IT'S a warframe...

Knob head just looks like a butcher knife glued to to head.....

They removed all the edgy bits from her and it looks like something I'd expect from a DE skin..... 😂

But we are expecting a IG skin lol......

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

12 hours ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Seriously I've looked at this thing over and over and the arm tumor DE thrusted upon IGs design is insanely annoying.

The spikes on the blade don't work on a slicer.....

The skirt dealy to make her look as if she isn't naked is insanely silly..... IT'S a warframe...

Knob head just looks like a butcher knife glued to to head.....

They removed all the edgy bits from her and it looks like something I'd expect from a DE skin..... 😂

I also don't like how they changed the hip pattern on the left either, throws off the symmetry even more. A small adjustment adds up when you make multiples of them. They erased lines all across the body too, let alone making more limb adjustments than originally recognized. Who knows how many more changes the art team also wanted, we are merely assuming the problem was over this picture only and not some even worse alterations behind the scenes.

Edited by UrielColtan