Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

《 Companion & sentinel usage and the issues with loot on maps [Updated]》

(PSN)Mofojokers

unnamed_6.png

Companions And Sentinels

☆ I have all sentinels and companions done and maxed.

☆ I've got most of them with 5 to 7 forma on them.

☆ Grown very fond of all of them especially my Kavats "purrr"

Now that said i use Carrier prime not because I'm lazy but because of some bad designs. See as a Inaros main my Sandstorm is dangerous to scatter loot from enemies killed while twisting around (really bad on Eris).

This means alot of the time loot gets into places only the vacuum mod can retrieve. But this also applies to some weapons as well throwing them into areas i cannot reach.

Next is looting issues due to lag / net problems normally because your not host. So your forced to sometimes walk over loot multiple times. 

With vacuum you can glide from one enemy to the next and not stop to check if you picked up the loot dropped.

I'm a huge fan of Kubrows and i have a beautiful one done up to the nines for Inaros.  

If we don't see some form of vacuum brought in to frames. I would like to see maps get some major work to stop the issues.

images.jpg

Possible Easiest Solution

¤ Warframe Exilus mod : Vacuum

Cannot be used if the loadout contains the sentinel version.

Pro : Universal 

Con : Uses your Exilus slot

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers
Updated

I would love this. It's not that i'm lazy either, I just cannot fathom playing a loot based game and not collecting everything possible that I can. I have everything I can build built, millions of resources in reserves and I still go nuts collecting every last scrap of everything I possibly can. I can't STAND leaving a single piece of loot on the ground, even credits.

Bringing the vaccume mod to all other sentinals helped heaps. I actually use other ones now but I still only use sentinals. I have every companion possible maxed but just sitting there. I wont even play around with them because I absolutely can't fathom losing anything. It's an affliction. I would most definitely use other companions if we had the option of an exilus warframe vaccume mod option.

9 minutes ago, Coaa said:

I would love this. It's not that i'm lazy either, I just cannot fathom playing a loot based game and not collecting everything possible that I can. I have everything I can build built, millions of resources in reserves and I still go nuts collecting every last scrap of everything I possibly can. I can't STAND leaving a single piece of loot on the ground, even credits.

Bringing the vaccume mod to all other sentinals helped heaps. I actually use other ones now but I still only use sentinals. I have every companion possible maxed but just sitting there. I wont even play around with them because I absolutely can't fathom losing anything. It's an affliction. I would most definitely use other companions if we had the option of an exilus warframe vaccume mod option.

Yeah definitely this is one of those quality of life improvements that i really want to see asap.

Especially now with endless relic runs that i cannot get enough of. 😂

When they did their tweaking with The Vacuum Within, one of the things they did was make the loot pick up at 6 meter passive for warframes....for less than 24 hours...the next day they had reverted back to Vacuume as a sentinel mod.

What they SHOULD have done is KEPT the 6 meter passive on the warframe, and made the Vacuum mod add up to 6 meters more, again only for the sentinels, as it wouldn't really work well with kubrows and kavats as they are always running around. That would have solved all the issues people still have with looting in this fast paced game AND kept Sentinels as the end all be all loot collectors.

As for the Sentinels....Change Regen to a 30-10 second respawn delay (set by the current ranks of regen) and that would solve the issue of sentinels getting destroyed and being useless for the rest of a mission....or getting popped BOTH times while still loading into a mission.

People say that the upkeep for Kavats and Kubrows is too expensive...how is ONE 6 pack of DNA stabilizers a month bad? especially now with the sheer amount of ways to make credits fall of corpses. They could get rid of the useless Loyalty mechnic, add what I proposed, and i would actually use Kubrows and Kavats more than just Mastery fodder.

On 14/12/2016 at 11:04 PM, xcynderx said:

When they did their tweaking with The Vacuum Within, one of the things they did was make the loot pick up at 6 meter passive for warframes....for less than 24 hours...the next day they had reverted back to Vacuume as a sentinel mod.

What they SHOULD have done is KEPT the 6 meter passive on the warframe, and made the Vacuum mod add up to 6 meters more, again only for the sentinels, as it wouldn't really work well with kubrows and kavats as they are always running around. That would have solved all the issues people still have with looting in this fast paced game AND kept Sentinels as the end all be all loot collectors.

Yeah definitely would be useful even 6m just enough to pull loot out of bad spots on maps.😊

Having the idea of sent mod increasing to the full 12 would of been a better way.😊

I just want to use my Kubrow with my Inaros without fear of throwing loot into out of bounds areas or walls. 😕

On 12/14/2016 at 9:04 AM, xcynderx said:

What they SHOULD have done is KEPT the 6 meter passive on the warframe, and made the Vacuum mod add up to 6 meters more, again only for the sentinels,

I dunno about that. Someone on r/warframe did the math and found out that because of how the loot radius is calculated, 6m around you was actually only able to pick up loot in 25% of the area of 12m. In essence it was a drop of 75%, range-wise, and having only a quarter-extra loot radius doesn't seem very useful to me.

Personally, I feel it would be better to either:

A: Give all frames a universal 12m of vacuum (Mag would get a new passive and the Chesa kubrow would get a new purpose, like they did with Carrier);

or B: Let the Vacuum mod be equippable on all companions, but have the vacuum-loot-radius be centered on you, the player, not the AI-controlled companions. This is because the AI is just too erratic on pets; they just can't be relied upon to pick up loot for you, even if their AI was improved, because they're just not a human being. Hell, DE tried to do this already, give a Vacuum-dog to us, and the Chesa kubrow is still amongst the most underused of all the pets becaue of how broken its AI is.

And besides, if pets can do things like boost your weapons's damage, restore your shields, and turn you invisible from across the room, why can't they give you a loot-vacuum centered on you?

Edited by Jackviator

1 hour ago, Jackviator said:

I dunno about that. Someone on r/warframe did the math and found out that because of how the loot radius is calculated, 6m around you was actually only able to pick up loot in 25% of the area of 12m. In essence it was a drop of 75%, range-wise, and having only a quarter-extra loot radius doesn't seem very useful to me.

Personally, I feel it would be better to either:

A: Give all frames a universal 12m of vacuum (Mag would get a new passive and the Chesa kubrow would get a new purpose, like they did with Carrier);

or B: Let the vacuum mod be equippable on all companions, but have the loot-radius be centered on you, the player, not the AI-controlled companions. This is because the AI is just too erratic on pets; they just can't be relied upon to pick up loot for you, even if their AI was improved, because they're just not a human being. Hell, DE tried to do this already, give a Vacuum-dog to us, and the Chesa kubrow is still amongst the most underused of all the pets becaue of how broken its AI is.

And besides, if pets can do things like boost your weapons's damage, restore your shields, and turn you invisible from across the room, why can't they give you a loot-vacuum centered on you?

ah thats right...i forgot about that part.

and your B option sounds good..I always seem to have more mod slots on my pets than my sents anyways lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...