Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boltor Prime, how good is it really?

Vantooth

Question

So the boltor prime has been sitting in my inventory for a very long time seeing no real use since I leveled it up. Now I just got a riven mod for it which give +81% status 85% heat damage -45% impact, not really great but you know rerolls exist. I was quite surprise to see it had a faint dispostion since I always thought it was bit on the under performing side and only see someone with it once in a blue moon.

Does it really deserve that faint disposition? It's more of pure damage weapon than crit or status which suffer a lot in the late level unless you have absurd damage.

Before sinking a catalyst in and few forma in it I'd like to know what people think and have to say about the weapon (my supply of catalyst and forma have been running pretty low so I don't dare just to forma and potato just about anything).

I have plenty of under performing weapon I use for fun so I'm not really looking for a "just for fun" weapon but I'm in need of a good rifle.

So, I need your feedback on the weapon and if I do reroll my riven other than +damage +multishot is there something to look for?

15 answers to this question

Reroll it yes. And go for as much damage as possible when modding. That is what the Boltor Prime does. Forma slots for serration, and Heavy Caliber, more for the elemental mods if you want them on. And again reroll that riven. Look for that multishot and damage one.  

I remember when it used to be my main weapon, then I found the tonkor, then I found the zarr 

Its a alright weapon but if you want to use it against high level you better hope that you can get as much status and pure damage as possible 

My build would be: serration, split chamber, heavy caliber, 4 dual stats (corrosive, blast order), your riven mod 

7 minutes ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

I remember when it used to be my main weapon, then I found the tonkor, then I found the zarr 

Its a alright weapon but if you want to use it against high level you better hope that you can get as much status and pure damage as possible 

My build would be: serration, split chamber, heavy caliber, 4 dual stats (corrosive, blast order), your riven mod 

10 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Maaan I remember when the Boltor P was the most OP weapon in the game. It was quite a controversial weapon for a long while. Its still pretty darn good and worth keeping. Definitely one of the more top-tier weapons in the game still.

This is why it has a faint riven disposition.

i wouldnt suggest using heavy caliber on any automatic rifle with a high fire rate, but thats just my opinion....

and yes the boltor is still a good weapon, but i'd always pick the soma prime over it, its hit-scan, high fire rate, has a huge magazine size and amazing crit stats...

Edited by ..-Hayden-Tenno-..

23 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Maaan I remember when the Boltor P was the most OP weapon in the game. It was quite a controversial weapon for a long while. Its still pretty darn good and worth keeping. Definitely one of the more top-tier weapons in the game still.

Remember when weapons didn't need to be stupid mindless AoE monsters to be the best?

Spoiler

Pepperidge farm remembers

But_Pepperidge_Farm_aint_just_gonna_keep

@Vantooth I'd say reroll and try to find rivens that negate the bad stats of the weapon, like flight speed, accuracy, or recoil. That, or find some raw damage and/or elemental damage rivens. Crit and status isn't that necessary on Boltor, it's only a damage weapon after all.

It's still O-K against armor. 

I have no idea why it would be faint. There's not really a reason t use it and it was never better than Soma to begin with.

Just an example of what happens when you use Popularity as a variable in game balance.

24 minutes ago, ..-Hayden-Tenno-.. said:

i wouldnt suggest using heavy caliber on any automatic rifle with a high fire rate, but thats just my opinion...

The amount of accuracy loss from heavy caliber is unique to each weapon. In the case of boltor prime, it doesn't really hurt at typical ranges. So you might as well use it.  Contrast to the Telos Boltor, which suffers significantly from HCal.

Just now, Momaw said:

The amount of accuracy loss from heavy caliber is unique to each weapon. In the case of boltor prime, it doesn't really hurt at typical ranges. So you might as well use it.  Contrast to the Telos Boltor, which suffers significantly from HCal.

i will keep that in mind and test it out, thanks for the info!

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

That is actually actually a fairly popular meme in out clan since out warlord made this

Spoiler

But to stay in the topic I would like to add that corrosive, blast full status on the boltor p is actually really good because it makes the weapon kinda OP because you can CC a enemy and then strip his armor.

YOU ARE A PIRATE 

Thank you all, I decided to give it a shot unfortunately most rerolls were utter scrap (almost all had +impact damage +fire rate and negative) even had one with +zoom +fire rate... I managed to get a decent one at +139.3% damage and 42.5% magazine size which isn't that bad since I don't have to reload as much and the reload time is a bit long. I will definitely try my luck again when I get more kuva though. I wonder on longer mission would a ammo mutation mod be worth it as it does seem to go through it's ammo reserve quite fast.