Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did any of you playtest the new Infestation Salvage mode?

NoelleAllogene

I've done this mission twice now. The first time was with a group and we didn't even get enough drops to finish the first round. On my second attempt, I went solo with Nekros and was able to complete 4 rounds, for which I was rewarded 80 Endo. I died once through the mission, and noticed a significant difference in the amount of antiserum that was dropping when I didn't have Desecrate running. I also feel like the amount of damage that you take when outside the bubble is a little too much. I'm fine with taking damage, but if you're moving from a bubble to a console without a bubble and get snagged by an Ancient, it's entirely possible that you'll die before you get up. I think this is an interesting idea for a game mode, that would actually be pretty fun with some tweaks to drop rates for groups and damage numbers.

Also, for the time being, I think that they should increase the drop chance of Nidus parts. I know that they want to include other items in the drop table to encourage people to play the mode after they have Nidus, but right now, that's the only reason people are playing it. Down the road, however, having Nidus in this drop table is actually likely to bite them in the &#! because people won't want to run it with the drop table diluted with Warframe parts. I would be good with running this mode to farm relics, but if there's a good chance that I'm going to end up with parts for a Warframe that I already have, I'm more likely to go back to Hieracon. That's why you don't tend to see people running boss missions once they have the parts for that frame, unless they're helping a friend.

Just gave it a few more rounds, conclusions so far:

1) Never, EVER go with a full group. Solo it (Inaros with Rage and a Life Strike melee is god) or go duo. Full group means serum will drop once in a blue moon resulting in destroyed consoles.

2) If you get the map with the hologram, abort this instant. It has atrocious pathing, spawn distribution and lightning effects. Keep aborting until you get the smaller one with consoles close to each other. 

3) Chassis seems to be extremely common (could be just me) - already got 3 of it. Getting mods or 80 endo at rotation C makes me swear out loud. RNG is too annoying, please fix that.

4 hours ago, RyuhoTheDragon said:

if anyone playtested this mess they deserve to be punished

It's pretty obvious that no testing of any kind ever happened for this update. When even simple things like overlapping HUD elements during that awful quest get released you know that QA never saw this.

Also I think we can all agree that once everybody has their parts nobody will touch this mode with a stick again.

4 hours ago, dataman88 said:

thing is, that requires a special item that not everyone have.

It's like saying to tank a boss that deals 500 damage/sec, you just need a "Megahealing staff" that restore 600 hp/sec, which is an ultra rare item.

It doesnt, there is a terminal in the middle that restores your Armor Integrity and uses a Serum, Lotus mentions it... as an after thought.

Its in the middle console when you are in the area of JV. And on the other side of the Terminal that shocks the area of the other map.

So...if you ever run out of serum everyone dies in five seconds. You're still forced to leave the bubble to collect serum or travel to other bubbles while getting melted in seconds.

That and the horribly inconsistent enemy spawns, the awful pathing, lumped together with very poor visibility and a veeeery long mission...NOPE.

And last but not least nothing about the mission is explained. 

Edited by Helljack84

New game mode is awful. Horribly designed map where you get stuck on nothing constantly making it nearly impossible to move between points effectively, S#&$ty mod spawns, even S#&$tier drop rater for the stupid antiserum you need and takes way too long to finish a single rotation. Guess I will never have the new frame because this game mode is pure garbage and getting the new frame isn't worth the hassle of dealing with this trash game mode and I refuse to pay for a new frame just because it is locked behind the worst quest/game mode ever. Never thought I would find a game mode that I hate more than archwing but here it is.

I am alright with frames having an insane grind to get to them (mesa, equinox, to name a few).  However, none of those frames were hiding plot points behind them.  In this case, what's behind the infested door you've been teasing us with for months.  Nidus requires you to do a long mission type repeatedly for just a chance at getting him.  And unlike Ivara, which you also have to spam non-assassination missions to get, you cannot control what parts you get.  I've done roughly 20 of these missions, and I did get two nidus parts, however they were two copies of the systems.  Aside from the fact that due to RNG the mission in question can be incredibly frustrating, to the point where sometimes a squad of 3 nekros and an ember all running wave clear weapons won't get enough batteries to keep the consoles alive, and on other missions you're absolutely overflowing in batteries.

I suggest a few fixes for this.  

First suggestion: Do something about the batteries.  Quitting out of a mission just because RNG didn't give us enough batteries is incredibly off putting.  Normalizing the drop rate would help, so we don't get the feast/famine scenarios.  Or create something like the Lotus's life support capsules to compensate for when RNG decides to stick it to us.  Even something like ciphers (craftable with the Antiserum Injector Fragments we pick up that is normally just for the Jordas Verdict) would be an amazing solution and would give extra purpose to those now useless resources.  If you only listened to one of my comments, I'd go with this one.

Second suggestion: Develop some way to control which part you're going for.  Duplicate the node on other infested planets or something, and each one only drops that one part. This would probably require a lot more work on DE's part than simply adjusting drop rates, so this is probably just more of a pipe dream solution.  

Third suggestion: Remove everything else from rotation c.  Seriously we're not doing this mission for anything other than Nidus.  Metal Augur and Vital sense have plenty of other methods of acquisition.  And the mission is long enough as is that going for 4 waves just to get a mod we already have dozens of is a really big feel bad moment.  Having duplicates of the parts already creates a decent variance in the assassination missions, same principle can be applied here.  But as the part isn't guaranteed, getting duplicate parts is almost worse than nothing.  An alternative would be to make his parts tradable like Nezha's once were.

Fourth Suggestion: Put the different parts on rotation B as well.  At least that way we have 2 shots at getting the parts instead of just one for our time investment.

Last suggestion: Simply let us open the door upon completing the quest.  I haven't personally looked online as to what's behind the door (I don't like spoiling things for myself), but having this barrier to just open a door we've all been speculating on for months is incredibly frustrating.  If people want the warframe to have the warfame, then they can go through the grind to acquire him as would someone wishing to get Mesa, Equinox, or Ivara.  But for those of us that just want to see what's behind the door...just open the door.