Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Anything New That You Find Out About The Infested Room [The Infection Spreads Through Player Contact In Missions & Dojos!]

LascarCapable

3 minutes ago, Master-Nachash said:

Infested companion incoming!

Ok so what if Helminth actually becomes a usable companion in the future?

What if the fish underneath the infested room is Helminth's current "host" body. But it's slowly deteriorating so Helminth (the consciousness within the fish) needs a new host. And our recent unlocking of the infested room, alongside our acquisition of a Warframe that has the ability to communicate / commune with other forms of infestation because of it's nature allows us to do just that, to somehow create a new host body for it and eventually transfer it's consciousness through some form of "transference."

What if the cyst / tumour we see on Nidus' / other Warframe's neck is actually the beginnings of a new host body for Helminth. And when it's fully grown, we will end up with a new unique companion, similar to a Kubrow or a Kavat. We know that Warframes are partially comprised of infested tissues, so it's theoretically possible that if there was a "friendly" form of infestation, that it could utilise the infestation contained within the Warframes to "grow" a new body. It would only need a small sample of the Warframe's genetics.

Hypothetically speaking, if this was to occur. If a "friendly" form of infestation was to grow a new host body from a genetic sample of a Warframe controlled by the consciousness of a specific operator, then that infestation would / could / should have some kind of special bond with that operator, through the Warframe.

Right now, Helminth is afraid of the operators. He / it expresses this wholeheartedly. I believe this would change if he / it realised that the Warframe used to give a genetic template for his / it's new host body, was used by an operator via transference, because it would make it clear that the operator was not to be feared after all. I mean, after all, this is essentially an act of kindness. And it would create not just a genetic bond, but also a familial bond between the two characters.

15 minutes ago, Master-Nachash said:

Ok so what if Helminth actually becomes a usable companion in the future?

What if the fish underneath the infested room is Helminth's current "host" body. But it's slowly deteriorating so Helminth (the consciousness within the fish) needs a new host. And our recent unlocking of the infested room, alongside our acquisition of a Warframe that has the ability to communicate / commune with other forms of infestation because of it's nature allows us to do just that, to somehow create a new host body for it and eventually transfer it's consciousness through some form of "transference."

What if the cyst / tumour we see on Nidus' / other Warframe's neck is actually the beginnings of a new host body for Helminth. And when it's fully grown, we will end up with a new unique companion, similar to a Kubrow or a Kavat. We know that Warframes are partially comprised of infested tissues, so it's theoretically possible that if there was a "friendly" form of infestation, that it could utilise the infestation contained within the Warframes to "grow" a new body. It would only need a small sample of the Warframe's genetics.

Hypothetically speaking, if this was to occur. If a "friendly" form of infestation was to grow a new host body from a genetic sample of a Warframe controlled by the consciousness of a specific operator, then that infestation would / could / should have some kind of special bond with that operator, through the Warframe.

Right now, Helminth is afraid of the operators. He / it expresses this wholeheartedly. I believe this would change if he / it realised that the Warframe used to give a genetic template for his / it's new host body, was used by an operator via transference, because it would make it clear that the operator was not to be feared after all. I mean, after all, this is essentially an act of kindness. And it would create not just a genetic bond, but also a familial bond between the two characters.

Nah the dude has been in there for millenniums, there is no way he's just going to deteriorate out of no where.

1 minute ago, AtroSpiker said:

Nah the dude has been in there for millenniums, there is no way he's just going to deteriorate out of no where.

What if he's been deteriorating the entire time, which would point out as to why he's only a voice and weak.

Just now, AtroSpiker said:

Who said he was deteriorating out of nowhere? Not me.

If he's been stuck in a room on his own, in a ship that's been mostly offline for many millennia. With (presumptively), nothing to feed on. He's gonna very gradually deteriorate over time and eventually get to a point of urgency whereby he needs to find a new host body, or he needs to absolutely gorge on obscene amounts of biological matter to regenerate. I mean, as we know. The infested feed on biological matter, and they overtake it as well. He hasn't fed on anything for quite possibly the entire time he's been in that room. Maybe that's why there are chunks missing from his body. Maybe that's a sign that his body is breaking down.

8 minutes ago, AtroSpiker said:

6 minutes ago, Kuari said:

What if he's been deteriorating the entire time, which would point out as to why he's only a voice and weak.

Also, to add to my theory.

What if the individual who trapped him in that room was the previous owner himself? And that maybe that's why, despite clearly being somewhat of an ally / utility for an operator, he fears them.

That would add quite an interesting dynamic to the relationship between Helminth and the "new" operator. He would (hopefully), feel a sense of newfound loyalty, not out of being forced to be loyal, but out of choice.

It would also add quite an interesting dynamic to the relationship between ourselves and the infested at large. It'd show us that the infested "hive" mind, the consciousness behind it, is a lot more self-aware than we currently believe, and is capable of free-will, or choice.

Edited by Master-Nachash

6 minutes ago, Master-Nachash said:

Also, to add to my theory.

What if the individual who trapped him in that room was the previous owner himself? And that maybe that's why, despite clearly being somewhat of an ally / utility for an operator, he fears them.

some people on reddit's behalf found out that linking a certain mod revealed that a new kubrow breeed has actually proven the theory. It's knowwn simply as Helminth Charger. 

Edited by wolfking2k

1 minute ago, wolfking2k said:

Some datamining on reddit's behalf has actually proven the theory. There will be a new breed of kubrow known simply as Helminth Charger. 

Kinda obvious some people were what-if'ing with knowledge of the datamined stuff. You're not suppose to discuss that here either.

31 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Mine is not getting bigger than that, I got stabed two days ago :/

You know,when you get stabbed by helminth,he says "times heals wounds" or somethng like that.Looks like we have to wait.MIne cyst looks the same

1 minute ago, Master-Nachash said:

You shouldn't bring up datamined stuff on here mate. Shhh.

I edited it forget I said anything.

1 minute ago, Verrenen said:

You know,when you get stabbed by helminth,he says "times heals wounds" or somethng like that.Looks like we have to wait.MIne cyst looks the same

He does say we germinate inside of you.

So, I ve got some questions tht are not that clear:

1.Can you get stabbed more than once?

2.Can someone show screenshot or something that is evidence of the theory that Cyst grow over time.now its just pink dot after 2 days

3.Helminth say "feed me master",I thought I have to reach max level of Nidus.didnt work.So I tried to maxed mutation stacks.Almost did it.something happened?

4.Can you get to his room as Warframe other then Nidus in any way?

Edited by Verrenen

Just now, Verrenen said:

2.Can someone show screenshot or something that is evidence of the theory that Cyst grow over time 

3.Helminth say "feed me master",I thought I have to reach max level of Nidus.didnt work.So I tried to maxed mutation stacks.Almost did it.something happened?

1. No, at least not now

2. Mine don't grow :/

3. You mean 100 stacks? Nope nothing's diffrent

4. I didn't try with another one with a cyst, need someone to try it.

7 minutes ago, Verrenen said:

2.Can someone show screenshot or something that is evidence of the theory that Cyst grow over time.now its just pink dot after 2 days

5 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

1. No, at least not now

2. Mine don't grow :/

3. You mean 100 stacks? Nope nothing's diffrent

4. I didn't try with another one with a cyst, need someone to try it.

2. All we have right now is that it appears 24 hours after you've been stabbed, any growth after that has yet to be confirmed.
4. No other warframe can open the door, tumor or not.

13 minutes ago, nightfhang said:

2. All we have right now is that it appears 24 hours after you've been stabbed, any growth after that has yet to be confirmed.
4. No other warframe can open the door, tumor or not.

2. That's what I meant by that

So after Ive finished the Quest,

Spoiler

I entered the infested room on my liset with Nidus, since it wont work with any other frame right? So I thought to myself, what happens if I try to enter with my Operator? So I parked Nidus IN the doorway, switched to operator via 5 and walked into the room. Turned out I got a special soundfile for this (the infested voice Helminth?!?). But then things got weird. I tried to leave the room but then my operator switched place with nidus in the meditating stance, wich I couldnt leave. Esc, arsenal, back again and I was free to move, but with the movement behavior of my operator. But It got weirder. My operator chair was empty and.. well you've got to see for yourself. I Made a Video about this:

18 minutes ago, A.Rosen said:

To add something: I guess only people infected in missions count - no pink spot on my Volt with whom I walked past Nidus in dojo more than 24h ago (infection animation was here), but pink spot on friend's Nova, with whom I went on a mission as Nidus.

Maybe you need to get "infected" multiple times?