Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Anything New That You Find Out About The Infested Room [The Infection Spreads Through Player Contact In Missions & Dojos!]

LascarCapable

I wonder if this thread will be deleted as well without word. Last one that discussed the spreading just vanished without a trace...

Anyway, I've managed to spread... whatever it is, to others as well. If they go out of the dojo and back in, it'll happen again. I haven't noticed this happening on missions though, but after I did the dojo, my operator started getting the infection whenever she went to Nidus as well.

3 hours ago, Gemenai said:

One of the lines " The meridians awaken. The vital pentatonic.

Could that have something to do with the upcoming bard frame?

Meridian likely relates to old Chinese medicin, which is based on qi and the 5 elements; Earth, water, fire, wood and iron/metal. These are the same as our focus schools and penta means five, so that's likely the reference. I get that pentatonic relates to five notes in some specific way, so yeah it could be the bard frame, but it's more likely that it refers to focus as there are no other ties to Luci... I mean the bard frame, at least from Helminth.

So lemme get this straight. This spreads between warframes?  How? In relays?

Allso, Relay human personel are SOO screwed right now.

TENNO : Good thing we are imune to the infestation right :)?

Relay guy: What's that purple thing?  Whaa, now I have it. Gah, blarhghablargha!

10 hours ago, ArrexDrandko said:

That's already curious, but does the pink little 'knob' spread? Since, honestly, with proof around that there's more to the infested room, I'm incredibly pissed that a whole part of lore, story and maybe even mechanics might be hidden behind "oh, btw, you HAVE to get this one specific warframe.". That's even more restrictive than Mastery Rank locked stuff. 
So I'm grasping straws that maybe Nidus is just the primer for a 'plague', and at some point, when DE figures (or a system tracks) that most players are infected with it, more will come and the actual trigger for 'things' to be accessible is that plague. 

It's honestly no different than the previous "build this to access this quest" thing we had.

We're finally getting a linear storyline that's not based in Tactical Events that are a one-off thing, requiring an item or two or even a Warframe isn't much of a surprise.

I'll add that if you can get Nidus, you've survived TWW. You'll probably have an easy time beyond sacrificing goats to Lootcifer.

On 12/23/2016 at 4:36 PM, Jerichocross13 said:

he also says "the demon is awake? how?" and "shadows grow withing the demon" when you walk in with your operator

This is specific to your choices earlier in game with Moon/Sun/Neutral; he said "Light shines within this demon" when he saw my operator

On 23/12/2016 at 6:25 AM, AtroSpiker said:

Man I really hope not. 

I really hope it has something to do with leveling and playing with Nidus or something.

DE's really investing in Lore, by now. I hope next update brings more utility for the Operator, and the systems for "Alchemy".

Not playing with Nidus, nah. Warframes in general: just like the Focus system.

49 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

I wonder if this thread will be deleted as well without word. Last one that discussed the spreading just vanished without a trace...

Anyway, I've managed to spread... whatever it is, to others as well. If they go out of the dojo and back in, it'll happen again. I haven't noticed this happening on missions though, but after I did the dojo, my operator started getting the infection whenever she went to Nidus as well.

Meridian likely relates to old Chinese medicin, which is based on qi and the 5 elements; Earth, water, fire, wood and iron/metal. These are the same as our focus schools and penta means five, so that's likely the reference. I get that pentatonic relates to five notes in some specific way, so yeah it could be the bard frame, but it's more likely that it refers to focus as there are no other ties to Luci... I mean the bard frame, at least from Helminth.

The meridians could be talking about the golden frame on our morality meter in our profiles.

16 hours ago, Man_In_Suitcase said:

Inb4 Umbra?

Another interesting note is that when I enter in to the Infested room with as the Operator, Helminth say "The demon is awake, how?" and "Shadows grow within this demon." The latter could be in relation to my alignment as I'm more dark due to my choices in TWW and the last quest.

I wonder if anyone has different quotes due to their alignment, or if it's just scripted regardless.

Opened the door:
 ~we are there to serve .. we are weak, but time heals our mind...
Ordis: this is responsible for the operator biological functions? i would wish to purge this ,, but it serves you
going in with the operator: We fear nothing but the void demon

we are life ,master .. but also death

Edited by Teshin_Dax

some one should organize a big meetup where everyone goes to 1 dojo to infect/ get infected.

I have a theory that the more people you infect the bigger the growth will grow, then eventually you will feed the talking plant

Edited by HerpDerpy

32 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

some one should organize a big meetup where everyone goes to 1 dojo to infect/ get infected.

I have a theory that the more people you infect the bigger the growth will grow, then eventually you will feed the talking plant

I guess we'll have to do just that then.