Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Bugs and Issues with the New Strange Quest [Megathread]

xforsaker88x

So as I was playing through the quest and got to the part where I had to go defeat chroma, the game just skipped that part and ordis and lotus started telling me I did a good job. I didn't even get out my ship. Then I recieve a quest comeplete without even getting the chance to go to my nav console and begin the bossfight. In doing so I never recieve the chroma bp or whatever other rewards you get. Pls help!

The whole New strange bug has hit several hundreds of people myself included and none of the issues with the quest seem to be acknowledged at this time. DE just doesn't seem like their doing much and at this time the only way i'm going to really get to play Chroma is buying it from the store which is exactly what they want us to do.

Other players are stuck and can't move on past the junction because The New Strange is a terribly bugged out quest so they have to push on and find some other path. This seems like an issue that should be taken into heavy consideration for the newer players but still... nothing is being done from what it seems.

I've seen several posts about it in the support forums here, several people stating it's broken on the subreddit and even a post I made on the subreddit for a few posts. I've had my support ticket in for a few days now with no response... some people have waiting up to a week now with no response! That is absurd that you would be ignoring these tickets for so long unless you are THAT backed up, hire some more people to start running tickets or something. 

all I want to do is play Chroma... please... :c

I already saw a lot of different report tickets about this quest, but never found a ticket about my case so that why im here to inform you.  

First of all i started doing the quest yesterday. I unlocked it throught the Europa Junction and clicked on it in my codex. Sadly i didnt get a transmission, instead ordis just said something about Cephalon Simaris. The first part of the quest itself was bug free. The rescue/spy mission was pretty cool and all, but then Simaris tasked with scanning the guys on Mars. This was also pretty bug free up until the end of that part. After i returned to Simaris he gave the blueprint to this beacon. After that I got back to my ship, which prompted another voice chat with the Cephalon and Ordis. Shortly after i got to my foundry and started crafting the beacon and claimed it after it was done crafting. This is where everything went pretty bananas. Claiming the beacon propted another big voice between Simaris, Lotus and Ordis (also that creepy voice). But after Ordis malfunctioned, everytime he had to say something he only said the ''How is Cephalon Simaris like?'' thing and the conversation kept going. I wasnt sure what was happening but it seemed like i just skipped the missions and just got the next voice comm. The quest objective was just updating itselft over and over until it just gave me the ''Quest completed'' tab (the voice comms were going normally but Ordis was still saying the same line over and over). I knew that i was going to get the Chroma blueprint but as I checked my foundry there was  nothing there. After that I relogged to Warframe thinking this would somehow resolve the problemm but sadly i just got the transmission from Simaris which I think I should have gotten in the biginning. I also tried going back to the Sanctuary and talking to him again but that didnt help either. So now im stuck here with a quest I cant even replay and a Chroma i wont be able to build.  :sadcry:

Sorry for the long explanation, I have the bad habbit of talking a lot.

Thankyou for your time nonetheless. :)

I've been trying to complete ''The New Strange" quest, and I reached a point where I'm supposed to "Craft Chroma Mark". Just like the "Scorched Beacon", I went to Foundry, and searching for something, but there is nothing about the "Chroma Mark", and every time I finish or enter the spaceship, Cephalon Simaris, Lotus and Ordis are repeating the same quotes over again. Is there something I can do about this problem? 528fcdb28e.jpg52913567b6.jpg5290ed21b4.jpg

As i look in the forum,a lot of people were having the same kind of problem for the Chroma Quest.The Bug/Glitch began when im doing the 2nd/3rd mission where i must attract the Chroma himself in the some kind of void room,with 5 waves of enemies.At the final waves,the chroma began to appear,and i needed to Scan it with the quest item.You need 5 scans,i only did 4,because i ran out of the Quest Scanner(i forgot what its name),the scanner that we can bought from Chephalon.So i decided to leave the mission to attempt to try it again.When i got back on my ship,there is a long conversastion scene from Ordis and Chepalon,etc.After it,somehow my Quest said it was Completed.I didn't have any Chroma BP parts(only 1,maybe chassis or system i forgot)when it said it was completed.Maybe somehow this quest need some fix?because alot of people are getting same kind of problem for this quest.So i hope that we can get this Fixed quickly.

(sorry for bad english)

I hit a similar problem with the quest last night. At the point where you have to synthesize three elite troops on Mars, I didn't realize you could find three targets in one run of the mission. After running it three times to get the required synths, I went back to my landing craft, where Ordis, Simaris, and the Lotus went through a long conversation- apparently the same one you saw. Then my quest completed as well. I also didn't get any rewards, and the Quests tab in Mission Select still lists The New Strange, though there's no mission to select there.

In yesterday, I was playing the adventure of chroma, and when they send me to trace chroma, the story itself is bug, it ends the adventure alone and now I don't have the plane of this, I have all the components except the plane and now I can not repeat the mission to get this....Help me pleasee! :sadcry::sadcry:

Edited by Syaoran12

The same happened to me, I tried to re-make the journey, she asks to converge with the cephalon but he only gives me researches and does not continue the journey, i do not know what to do and i do not find answers, i hope the support will help us in some way, even if it is re-doing the journey.

I had it much more crazy...

After i finished the 1st beacon the rest of the quest "completed" itself without of anything i did then stand in front of my foundry.

The problem however is that the Questline is now marked as finished but i didn´t recieved the Chroma BP as "reward" what means that i can´t build Chroma at all now even when i would have Neuro, Chassis and Systems...

In yesterday, I was playing the adventure of chroma, and when they send me to trace chroma, the story itself is bug, it ends the adventure alone and now I don't have the plane of this, I have all the components except the plane and now I can not repeat the mission to get this....Help me pleasee! :sadcry::sadcry: