Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm wondering if this riven is good.

(PSN)memegamer123

Question

17 answers to this question

I think that it's decent with the flight speed in particular being good, but I feel that you probably want to aim for damage, critical chance, and fire rate more. I feel that you especially want fire rate because of the Daikyu's long charge up time. The toxin could be useful for corrosive damage though.

Edited by thewhitepanda1205

That's not bad - three solid positive traits.

When considering Riven mods with two elements, remember that they are factored into the elemental combination sequence in reverse order. If you don't want Gas damage, put either Electricity or Cold in before that mod - you'll get Corrosive or Viral, plus either Heat or Blast/Radiation, depending.

Don't know about your playstyle, but if u focused on Headshots the Flight speed will allow u to deal them far away, in this case I will also use Spring-Loaded Broadhead mod to negate Vile Acceleration negative stat on Dmg. I think 3 dual stat mods or 2+ Hammer shot will give u 100% status chance and with those 2 elements in Riven mod, I 'll not reroll him.

12 minutes ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

I've been trying to get my daikyu riven what I'm trying to roll is +damage +multishot if RNG really wants to be nice +toxin would get nice. But your riven I'd reroll because it forces gas which isn't great 

It doesn't force gas, if you put elemental mods before the riven mod they'll combine differently. Anyway, gas isn't a bad damage type at all, it's very useful and very interesting, so long as you have some status chance.

50 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Elemental damages are fine, but flight speed for a Daikyu? meh. Not usefull at all.

You'll probably get something better if you reroll, but since this one is not bad, keep it if the new rolls aren't superb. 

That's not actually correct, Daikyu benefits really well from flight speed since it punished missed shots more than any other bow in the game and can only be fired at a full charge. Sure, there's better stuff out there but saying it's not useful is pretty ignorant lmao

As far as answering the question goes: It's not amazing but it's okay in the grand scheme of things. Could be worse. If you were gonna use it, yeah, it's pretty nice, though it's not something people will be lining up to buy off ya.

6 minutes ago, Azrael said:

It doesn't force gas, if you put elemental mods before the riven mod they'll combine differently. Anyway, gas isn't a bad damage type at all, it's very useful and very interesting, so long as you have some status chance.

Yeah w/o putting anything on it forces gas. But putting mods on unless I forgot something you can only make magnetic/blast + gas. For bows Magnetic/blast and gas just aren't great. Gas can be okay on weapons like the Torid since it's shots linger around and can kill enemies if they get near the gas.

16 minutes ago, OHKOBunny said:

That's not actually correct, Daikyu benefits really well from flight speed since it punished missed shots more than any other bow in the game and can only be fired at a full charge. Sure, there's better stuff out there but saying it's not useful is pretty ignorant lmao

Ignorant? You know that there are better and more polite ways to say that you disagree, right? 

The Daikyu as the best flight speed of all bows, that's why I don't think it would be usefull to increase what is already superior and effective enough. It's like having less recoil on a gun with low-medium base recoil. it can help a bit, but it's not necessary. For a Daikyu, many thing are better than Flight speed, like base damage, fire rate, multi-shot, Status chances, etc., depending on the gameplay you're looking for. 

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

11 minutes ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

Yeah w/o putting anything on it forces gas. But putting mods on unless I forgot something you can only make magnetic/blast + gas. For bows Magnetic/blast and gas just aren't great. Gas can be okay on weapons like the Torid since it's shots linger around and can kill enemies if they get near the gas.

No, that's still not right. The elements from the riven are added in reverse order, so putting on electric will make corrosive + heat, or add cold after to make corrosive + blast, or you can make viral + heat/blast, or magnetic + heat/blast. There are a lot of combinations that are possible with that mod.

Also gas works well on bows for the same reason it works on snipers, high base damage + high status = AoE murder. Personally I don't like the Daikyu for this purpose but if you're a Daikyu user it's worth considering. The Lanka works very well with gas, and is my favorite weapon to use in this way, but so long as you have the combo of damage + status you can make it work.

11 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

That doesn't work on a Daikyu. Magnetic and Blast both use Ice, so you can't have both of them unless one of them is the base damage type. 

Whoops, I goofed there. Forgot what elements I was talking about, I meant just gas, or gas + magnetic. Anyway, the other elements I said work just fine.

1 hour ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Ignorant? You know that there are better and more polite ways to say that you disagree, right? 

The Daikyu as the best flight speed of all bows, that's why I don't think it would be usefull to increase what is already superior and effective enough. It's like having less recoil on a gun with low-medium base recoil. it can help a bit, but it's not necessary. For a Daikyu, many thing are better than Flight speed, like base damage, fire rate, multi-shot, Status chances, etc., depending on the gameplay you're looking for. 

Sorry I didn't mean for it to come off as offensive. A flight speed riven makes it borderline hitscan. It's by no means something that one should strife for but it's a nice addition when there are other decent stats. Just because there are better rolls doesn't mean flight speed is "useless"

2 hours ago, (PS4)memegamer123 said:

Thank you for your replys.

I've beem trying to rool for the crit chance/ damage riven and I just got this multishot riven. I can't decide between these two rivens., this one:

+Multishot 125.3%

+punchthrough 3.4

*- 33.3% zoom 

And the other one.

So more damage on each arrows or more arrows for more damage...

With this second Riven and Split Chambre, you would get 215%, wich means 3 arrows per shot and 15% chances to get a 4th one*. Punchtrought is usefull to get past obstacles and the -zoom can be either helpfull or not depending on the situation.

*= So, using those 2 mods, you'll get 3 times the damages with the possibility of having 4 times the damages, while using the other one gives you one arrow with about +170% damage each. 

imo, the multi-shot one is better, but it depends of you playstyle and damage preferences.