Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction House is really needed.

death390

Just now, ChuckMaverick said:

The only MMO that I can think of that allows trading of premium currency through an automated auction house type system where the economy isn't horribly broken is EVE Online, and CCP have to employ a full-time economist to make sure it stays that way.

What other examples do you have?

Um...okay...I'll play your game.

Eve Online...you said that already, that's a freebie. Let's see what else...

Guild Wars 2, Neverwinter Online (which someone else already mentioned), Second Life, Entropia Universe, Star Trek Online, Champions Online, Wurm Online, Tera, Rift, Everquest 2, Runes of Magic, Skyforge and even a crappy game like Roblox which one of my kids play even has a real currency exchange system.

Those are just a *few.* There are a lot more.

5 minutes ago, Ninjacalypse said:

Guild Wars 2, Neverwinter Online (which someone else already mentioned), Second Life, Entropia Universe, Star Trek Online, Champions Online, Wurm Online, Tera, Rift, Everquest 2, Runes of Magic, Skyforge and even a crappy game like Roblox which one of my kids play even has a real currency exchange system.

I'll take a look at some of those when I get a chance, thanks.

Note that I did state "economy isn't horribly broken", where 'broken' can be roughly translated as 'most items are virtually worthless and truly rare items are hyper-inflated'.

Edit: Also worth adding that EVE Online, in addition having a full-time economist, also has real resource sinks. Ships get destroyed, taking most of the materials that went into making them out of the economy. Warframe doesn't have a comparable item sink system.

Edited by ChuckMaverick

51 minutes ago, ninjadeboxers said:

It will lower the prices, but it will allow the itens to move faster, this can be good for DE since it wil make easier to buy and sell stuff, people will put platin game to not only buy the things in the market, but also the thing in the auction house, not to mention there are people buying and selling stuff at ridiculous prices, and this would help new players a lot, and I ve seen auction houses doing wounders in other games. 

this is what i would like to do with a change to trade, make prices reasonable that the cost of entry is decent, move more items including ones that dont often get screen time, and make it easier to use for new players.

also there is a resource sink chuck his name is barro kiteer. he pulls prime resources out of market for ducats. the only resource sink we do not have is for platnum beyond DE's marketplace for specific bought items. a minor tax on a trade system would pull some more platnum out of the economy making platnum more valuable thus reducing costs.

23 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

I'll take a look at some of those when I get a chance, thanks.

Note that I did state "economy isn't horribly broken", where 'broken' can be roughly translated as 'most items are virtually worthless and truly rare items are hyper-inflated'.

Edit: Also worth adding that EVE Online, in addition having a full-time economist, also has real resource sinks. Ships get destroyed, taking most of the materials that went into making them out of the economy. Warframe doesn't have a comparable item sink system.

No problem! I'm sure you'll find something wrong with all of them that makes them "not count."

Thanks for also being sure to repeatedly quote "full time economist" from the news articles you saw about EVE Online...a game...that you won't believe this...I've heard of...I'm familiar with...and have played.

Resource sinks in Warframe:
Forma, Orokin Catalysts, Orokin Reactors, Clan research, Syndicate weapons and mods, Primed mods, Baro Kiteer (as death390 mentioned), Prime frames (some can be more resource intensive than others), the 250+ weapons in Warframe, Special mission keys, and good god...you haven't forgot Fashion Frame have you?

And oh yeah...I've heard *something* around the forums about some Hema thing being a "resource sink." Apparently, it's a hot topic right now. Haven't you heard?

the only people that dont want some kind of AH trade system ( i would prefer a set price buy sell thing) are the ones playing the trade game imo, i could be completely wrong but thats the feel i get from alot of comments. also it would get more plat circulating around since more people will be inclined to buy and sell if its a more fast and simpler system. Plus it would give someone like myself an excuse to actually use the mass amounts of relics i have.

I think a small part of the player base voice against these kind of ideas whereas most other players dont care or cant be bothered commenting. Personally i come for the hack n slash action parts of this game and the various play styles of frames/weapons, not to sit in chat for possible hours to sell items and i think alot of people would agree.

And finally, i dont think this will ever happen honestly its been suggested since the beginning, DE are most interested in pumping out new ideas than refining whats already here.

3 minutes ago, Ninjacalypse said:

No problem! I'm sure you'll find something wrong with all of them that makes them "not count."

Thanks for also being sure to repeatedly quote "full time economist" from the news articles you saw about EVE Online...a game...that you won't believe this...I've heard of...I'm familiar with...and have played.

Resource sinks in Warframe:
Forma, Orokin Catalysts, Orokin Reactors, Clan research, Syndicate weapons and mods, Primed mods, Baro Kiteer (as death390 mentioned), Prime frames (some can be more resource intensive than others), the 250+ weapons in Warframe, Special mission keys, and good god...you haven't forgot Fashion Frame have you?

And oh yeah...I've heard *something* around the forums about some Hema thing being a "resource sink." Apparently, it's a hot topic right now. Haven't you heard?

I also played EVE for several years, but carry on being condescending, I'm sure it's working out for you.

Mixed terminologies between the different games are confusing the issue, Warframe resources are irrelevant to this discussion as they can't be traded, only sinks for items that can be traded matter in this context.

6 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

I also played EVE for several years, but carry on being condescending, I'm sure it's working out for you.

Mixed terminologies between the different games are confusing the issue, Warframe resources are irrelevant to this discussion as they can't be traded, only sinks for items that can be traded matter in this context.

No, please...you first. Since that's all you've done the entire thread. But hey, way to turn it back around and act like the wounded kubrow.

Edited by Ninjacalypse

7 hours ago, Ninjacalypse said:

No, I'm not. You're just avoiding reading my answers. Warframe is obviously a supply & demand economy. Pretty much every game with an economy is a supply & demand economy. I already said that.

Your claim is that well if it's a supply & demand economy and an in-game auction house would make it easier to trade then that's proof that the game economy would fail. That makes no sense. Still no proof.

And again, just to reiterate that's the culmination of your entire argument. You said if it was easier to trade in-game and not as tedious as it is now...the game's entire economy would just crash and fail. You're right when you said it sounds absurd. That's because it is absurd.

"Are you capable of intelligent discussion or only communicating with gifs?"  Yep... im the one who try to insult the other the minute he gets the right answear for his question right? rofl Get a life whiteknight.

16 minutes ago, Ninjacalypse said:

No, please...you first. Since that's all you've done the entire thread. But hey, way to turn it back around and act like the wounded kubrow.

Well I always try and post in a constructive and civil manner, but I do slip up sometimes, so I went back and reread the whole thread.

I did make one sarcastic comment (sorry Nyaa314!), and one comment to you that could be considered mildly condescending (about forecasting and speculation), so for that I apologize.

Though I would suggest you take a look back at your own comments, both to me and others, before you start casting stones.

27 minutes ago, Askell91 said:

"Are you capable of intelligent discussion or only communicating with gifs?"  Yep... im the one who try to insult the other the minute he gets the right answear for his question right? rofl Get a life whiteknight.

You already replied to this exact same comment on the last page with the same sad, anyone who doesn't agree with me is a "whiteknight" crap. And half your posts in the first half of the thread were just gifs. You seriously had to reply to the same comment twice? You didn't get enough trolling in the first time so you had to go in for a second round. Wow. Great stuff.

You still haven't explained how you can cash out in Warframe. You can't. 

Again, as I already stated on the first page, threads about in-game auction house always get lots of hate, trolling and attacks, from the same people and with the same unfounded excuses for why it will destroy the game. Underselling, overselling, marking up, marking down, inflation, deflation and market manipulation. (Hey, that rhymes!) All stuff that's ALREADY going on with the current trading system. And just ignore the fact that there are numerous games that already do all that and they haven't been destroyed and in fact are thriving. And there's absolutely no way if DE implemented an in-game auction system that could regulate or restrict it...except for...well...this is gonna sound crazy...if DE just regulated it and restricted it, just like the current trading system is limited.

I've already said what I had to say. So if you want to argue or troll any more, I guess you'll just have to argue and troll the OP.

Edited by Ninjacalypse

3 hours ago, Ninjacalypse said:

none of these games you have mentioned have direct premium currency trading and "going healthy" and also free2play. also i like how you say d3's AH sucked cus of devs interfering with it while asking for a AH in warframe so devs can interfere with it. if you really want to trade warframe.market exists, and if you have this super organ called brain you can see inflated/deflated prices very easily. 

Edited by Zeclem

10 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

none of these games you have mentioned have direct premium currency trading and "going healthy" and also free2play. also i like how you say d3's AH sucked cus of devs interfering with it while asking for a AH in warframe so devs can interfere with it. 

Just going to pop back in to reply to this. Yeah those games do have direct premium currency trading. Hell, the very first one on the list, Guild Wars 2, you can exchange non-premium currency (gold) for premium currency (gems) and not only that it's not a set rate and you can specify buy and sell orders for the currency exchange. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Currency_exchange

Try googling next time.

If you're interested in why Diablo 3's auction house failed, you can read more about it here.
http://www.pcgamer.com/editorial-diablo-3-auction-house-do-not-post/
http://techland.time.com/2013/03/28/diablo-3-director-admits-auction-houses-really-hurt-game/

Again, if you want to know more...there's google.

Blizzard intentionally manipulated drop rates in order to manipulate auction house prices. Nowhere did I ask for DE to manipulate drop rates based on auction house trends.

Edited by Ninjacalypse

I've been using a 3rd-party source to make all of my sales lately and it's been nothing short of great. Quick, fast, and straight to the point with minimal discussion.

That's not to say we don't need an official auction house in Warframe because we do. It'll without a doubt incentivise more "undercutting" prices and setting a standard as far as item values go but at least there will be more successful transactions going on, less haggling, less arguing over "why you can't just buy an item for 1p less than the lowest offer" or "how 12p is too expensive for a particular mod".

Trade chat in its current form is an advanced form of cancer that I can never see myself touching ever again. For one, stuff you're trying to buy/sell almost never makes it on the chat because you also have like 100+ other people listing their 700 items they're selling, or you get people making snide comments and sneering on about how "expensive" something is

Edited by Trowicia

1 hour ago, Ninjacalypse said:

Just going to pop back in to reply to this. Yeah those games do have direct premium currency trading. Hell, the very first one on the list, Guild Wars 2, you can exchange non-premium currency (gold) for premium currency (gems) and not only that it's not a set rate and you can specify buy and sell orders for the currency exchange. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Currency_exchange

If you're interested in why Diablo 3's auction house failed, you can read more about it here.
http://www.pcgamer.com/editorial-diablo-3-auction-house-do-not-post/

Also, there's google. You can find lots of stuff on google.

Blizzard intentionally manipulated drop rates in order to manipulate auction house prices. Nowhere did I ask for DE to manipulate drop rates based on auction house trends.

when was guild wars 2 is free to play if i may ask? that alone convinced me that you dont read the replies you get.

any mmo player worth his/her salt will tell you that having direct ingame currency purchases in free2play games is a bad, bad, BAD idea, cus it will make the currency worthless and thus hurting non paying players. why being b2p/p2p prevents it? cus it cripples botting, most of the time even stopping it completely. make trading automated, then you'll have to farm for weeks if not for months for a single warframe slot cus of the huge suply brought in by the people who couldnt be bothered with trading(which are stupidly high, if it wasnt we wouldnt have constant threads about making trading easier) and the huge surge of bots. 

and im not saying what failed why, im just pointing out the stupidity in your statements. 

Just now, Zeclem said:

when was guild wars 2 is free to play if i may ask? that alone convinced me that you dont read the replies you get.

any mmo player worth his/her salt will tell you that having direct ingame currency purchases in free2play games is a bad, bad, BAD idea, cus it will make the currency worthless and thus hurting non paying players. why being b2p/p2p prevents it? cus it cripples botting, most of the time even stopping it completely. make trading automated, then you'll have to farm for weeks if not for months for a single warframe slot cus of the huge suply brought in by the people who couldnt be bothered with trading(which are stupidly high, if it wasnt we wouldnt have constant threads about making trading easier) and the huge surge of bots. 

and im not saying what failed why, im just pointing out the stupidity in your statements. 

Guild Wars 2 *IS* Free2Play. Go troll somewhere else.

2 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

yeah free2play with trade restictions if you dont pay up. so yeah its not "free2play". i'd suggest you to go troll somewhere else.

most free2play games haev some kind of restriction on them. farming, energy locked, end game content that you have to buy.

so yes guild wars has a couple restrictions but guess what so does warframe. it is a farming and grind game that if you want content that you yourself are not going to get you must buy from DE or buy from trade. trade currently is restricted by how many trades you have and the many issues it has; inflation, lack of visibility, high entry cost, and more.

1 hour ago, death390 said:

most free2play games haev some kind of restriction on them. farming, energy locked, end game content that you have to buy.

so yes guild wars has a couple restrictions but guess what so does warframe. it is a farming and grind game that if you want content that you yourself are not going to get you must buy from DE or buy from trade. trade currently is restricted by how many trades you have and the many issues it has; inflation, lack of visibility, high entry cost, and more.

um. no. no they dont. farming isnt a restriction. 

6 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

yeah free2play with trade restictions if you dont pay up. so yeah its not "free2play". i'd suggest you to go troll somewhere else.

Chuck asked me to provide him examples of MMOs that allow trading of premium currency through an auction house system. Most of those games I listed are F2P or may have mixed business models. He didn't ask me to list only 100% F2P games. That wasn't part of what he asked. So again, go troll somewhere else.

Chuck asked me to provide him examples of MMOs that allow trading of premium currency through an auction house system. Most of those games I listed are F2P or may have mixed business models. He didn't ask me to list only 100% F2P games. That wasn't part of what he asked. So again, go troll somewhere else.

those mmos dont fit the situation of warframe, which he obviously meant. if you are going to play dumb i guess its better to just ignore you from now on. 

Just now, Zeclem said:

those mmos dont fit the situation of warframe, which he obviously meant. if you are going to play dumb i guess its better to just ignore you from now on. 

The first example that Chuck himself gave was EVE Online that until recently was a subscription only game but just recently became a F2P with a mixed business model...just...like...Guild Wars 2. So ignore yourself. Troll elsewhere.

The first example that Chuck himself gave was EVE Online that until recently was a subscription only game but just recently became a F2P with a mixed business model...just...like...Guild Wars 2. So ignore yourself. Troll elsewhere.

dude. arent you getting the simple fact that "mixed business" completely eliminates the risk of having your suggestions on warframe which has no mixed business model? do you even mmo?

9 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

um. no. no they dont. farming isnt a restriction. 

restriction from the webster dictionary.

the act of limiting or controlling something

is not farming a restriction a limiting game mechanic that prevents you from using all the game content. it is a "Soft" lock on game content. similar to how leveling is a soft lock. however farming is unlike leveling that it requires you to focus on it rather than participate in the game. take the hema that just dropped there is a big backlash about the 5k mutagen samples needed to research it for the base clan tier. leveling in a rpg game is a passive progression that while also a soft lock is something that leads you througout the game at a certain pace.

8 hours ago, Askell91 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are the white knight in this situation - you are defending the system. With one example and gifs.