Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The sexual harassment from RedText needs to stop

Phookamom

Several HotFixes in a row now (starting with the Hyekka skin release, from what I can recall) have been sexually explicit and suggestive, if not blatant (like the one right now). We're not supposed to know which Dev is writing the RedText, but as of now that just means they won't be held accountable for what they're saying. Were players to say the same kind of things in chat or in the forums we'd get in trouble, yet the RedText is allowed to subject the entire community to this.

RedText used to be funny, punny, and silly, but now? This is disgusting and I'm disappointed that it's been happening at all, let alone so many times now.

How exactly do we get this addressed? Who do we go to to make this stop? Is there any way this Dev can be held accountable?

I don't think you understand what harassment is. You can choose to not read what Redtext says if you have such a problem with it. This game is rated M or 18+ , it can contain such things, and you accepted that when you agreed to the TOS.

I've been laughing at redtext for years. This is the first time I've ever seen anyone take issue like this...

Just now, Phookamom said:

I say harassment because you can't block RedText, you can just click "Ignore".

That's not harassment, that's an oversight. If you don't want to see redtext, say so, but don't twist it into something sinister that's targeting you personally.

Just now, Phookamom said:

Or, you know, I can speak up and say, "Hey, this isn't cool, can you not?" and maybe, just maybe, something will be done about it.

That is not what you are doing, you are accusing a DE Employee of a crime.

1 minute ago, Phookamom said:

Or, you know, I can speak up and say, "Hey, this isn't cool, can you not?" and maybe, just maybe, something will be done about it.

Not likely. I'd wager that the majority of people rather enjoy redtext's harmless jokes.

Oh, and look up what harassment means

Innuendo is not harassment. 
This game has an age restriction.
Mentioning things of a sexual nature is NOT equivalent to harassment. In much the same way that mentioning disintegration by amprex wouldn't be assault. 

Crying wolf like this also degrades actual conversation and pointing out issues of real harassment. 
Don't do it. 

You are joking right? We have guns that gas people to death, a frame that burns you alive in your own skin, flamethrowers, people being infested and turned into monsters in brutal manners...and OH NO THE DEV MESSAGES WE GET ONCE IN A WHILE MADE A REFERENCE TO SEX?! 

I would also like to see this apparent sexual harassment.