Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Marked for Death % Rates

(PSN)theframpton5

Question

I was reading somewhere (possible something on the wiki?) that the times that the groups that have marked you for death like the stalker/gustag3/syndicates/ etc have a very low % rate of showing up in any given time. But is it increased on certain maps? I needed aragon crystals so I was running the void map oxo? exterminate mission, and out of 4 runs I had 3 encounters (stalker twice and the aribitors of hex once). I ran the map solo during the arbitors and one of the stalker ones. The other times I had randoms. So is that just strange luck or can I farm those attacks there? Would the traders beacons help attract them? I heard that they are mostly useless.

15 answers to this question

the beacons can work, just remember it's a guaranteed spawn for the Assassins themselves, NOT their rewards, took me 3 G3 Beacons for the Brakk Barrel I needed. otherwise your bets chance is to try and group up with others who are marked, I don't think Tileset matters, though RNG can make it seem that way.

So, I played a bit over the weekend in a couple of sessions. The first was Saturday afternoon for about 1 1/2 hours. I got the stalker 4 times running with randoms doing syndicate missions. It always called out me as the mark. Then on Sunday morning (waiting for a snow storm to stop so I could go and start cleaning it up) I played 2 1/2 hours and only got the stalker once and it wasn't for me. Also got the Arbitors of Hex, right after I leveled up my red veil syndicate standing. So, my guess is that it is mostly just a roll of the dice as to when they appear.

1 hour ago, Amphytrion said:

<sarcasm>

Heard somewhere that going unarmed increases your chances a lot, he comes on the worse moments possible 

</sarcasm>

XD

No, that literally is the case.

Something about his spawn rate scales negatively based on I assume the total rank of your equipment- causing him to spawn more if you have low level weapons or only one weapon equipped, for example.

For example, I rarely see him spawn ever, but recently I've been running missions with only a melee or primary equipped and he spawns around a third or fourth of the time. Not to mention that most of the community could agree they mostly only see him while grinding XP for low level weapons.

This does tie in with his lore, where he'd be watching for moments of weakness and striking then.

They are all very weak and don't give that " o god " moment. Especially for the very low chance of them showing.

Stalker can put out some damage but pointless when he can't take any. He also spawns in kneeling and the taunts allow you to prepare for him too easily.

The 3 stooges are all bark and no bite if your not careful you may fall asleep from their taunting. 

Zunuka is the worst most of the time you may accidentally kill it without even seeing it first.

These units should bring fear and the feeling you get in other games.

FEAR

Adrenaline 

The "O God" moment

I'd love to see these worked on so that having one show up is just ok everything has gone to hell Bloodborn style.

The Stooges you may actually consider what the Lotus said kinda deal.

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

Yesterday the Stalker visted me THREE times during the evening. And the mark somehow still is on me!

I don't know what the reason is for the high spawns...i like it though.

One reason i could think of is that i changed my warframe each game. Also i had equippment for leveling with me...omg killing Stalker with a Sobek and Akzani on low level is impossible <.<

Edited by -Blaze-

I run around fully geared and have had the Stalker and Zanuka show up a fair number of times recently (enough that I've apparently exhausted all of my Stalker marks).

I'm pretty sure anyone who says their equipment affects how often assassins spawn is just falling victim to confirmation bias and the availability heuristic.

On 06/01/2017 at 10:45 AM, (PS4)theframpton5 said:

I was reading somewhere (possible something on the wiki?) that the times that the groups that have marked you for death like the stalker/gustag3/syndicates/ etc have a very low % rate of showing up in any given time. But is it increased on certain maps? I needed aragon crystals so I was running the void map oxo? exterminate mission, and out of 4 runs I had 3 encounters (stalker twice and the aribitors of hex once). I ran the map solo during the arbitors and one of the stalker ones. The other times I had randoms. So is that just strange luck or can I farm those attacks there? Would the traders beacons help attract them? I heard that they are mostly useless.

Zip Lined from General Discussion to Players helping Players.

Maybe the low xp thing is it. On Saturday I had just gotten Loki and was leveling him up, along with a new Sobek and the Afuris. The only weapon I was carrying that was high rank/damage was the broken war. Then on Sunday I was back to using my jacked up Frost along with my whacked out Braton Prime and my Vasto Prime.

So, spawn rates.  Assassins have a 2.5% spawn chance per marked player in the party, and will only spawn some time in the first 5 minutes.  Stalker will spawn on every map, G3 will only spawn on Grineer tile sets, and Zanuka will only spawn on Corpus tiles.

14 hours ago, -Blaze- said:

Yesterday the Stalker visted me THREE times during the evening. And the mark somehow still is on me!

Stalker is the only death mark that stacks.  You get one mark for every boss you delivered a killing blow to, but can only get one mark per boss at a time, so no farming Jackal 90 times for 90 marks.