Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Here's a person that wants to keep the Infested Charger look for the Helminth Charger. Give us the option for this.

Mak_Gohae

On 1/7/2017 at 8:15 AM, XRosenkreuz said:

I'm seeing a lot of, "Oh people complained so now they're changing it!" so I have to ask...

You all do realize, don't you, that the 'new' model is what they originally wanted for it, right? The whole idea with the Helminth Charger was that it was tied in to Nidus, and using the Infested Charger model was basically just a placeholder. They also pretty clearly stated that the Infested Charger will be given as an alternate skin, so chill.

On 1/7/2017 at 8:17 AM, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

it makes much more sense that the helminth would look like Nidus than a grineer. Also this game isnt a stranger to placeholder models.

Charger is comng as a skin, cheer up man, things ain't so bad.

On 1/7/2017 at 8:36 AM, Evanescent said:

I think even without DE statements it was fairly obvious the chargers were a placeholders with their recycled skin on a kubrow skeleton, kubrow mods, and buggy attachments?

DE has stated that the charger look will be kept as a skin. 

Not only does it go against lore, it also does not fit in with the rest of the Nidus and Helminth aesthetic.

It's not about people complaining, it's about maintaining cohesion and immersion.

It wasnt a placeholder.

BTW, they didnt even commit to what they were going to do with the charger look. They said that maybe it will be a skin.

This is the point of the post, making sure there is a charger look and it's not something that the people that are fine with the charger have to pay for.

22 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

1- Cause we people like having pets made up of enemy mobs.

2- how does it not make sense? Can you explain using game lore?

3- Why would you compare a warframe to a pet?

The charger was made from an infested cyst. You drained the cyst from a frame that has nothing to do with the grineer onto a kubrow egg. How does it end up with a grineer head?

42 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

The charger was made from an infested cyst. You drained the cyst from a frame that has nothing to do with the grineer onto a kubrow egg. How does it end up with a grineer head?

Add in the fact that none of the pet armors scale with it and there are many clipping issues with the thing's head as it is. It says PLACEHOLDER to me. Which is what the devs actually said in the devstream also. But, they're all liars. WAAAAA

On 1/7/2017 at 1:49 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

There should be no plat involved period. And I am 100% convinced there won't be. 

DE wouldn't let us use our helminth chargers for a few weeks, heavily change the skin to a totally different look, and then tell us we can only use the old skin we got used to be coughing up dough. I am confidant those who already have a helminth charger will be grandfathered in. Until then I withhold my complaints. 

While I think it makes a bit more sense to actually have the more detailed infested kubrow be the base model (as a unique model can account for discrepancies in size/shape/pattern/look in general, which is important for kubrow breeders, whereas apart from coloring and armor, it seems all helminth chargers look exactly the same), I also want the option to be able to have my pet look like a charger if I wish. And if I want my pet to still look like a charger, I should not have to pay platinum, not after being able to get used to enjoying the look for a few weeks time. 

given that in the stream they hardly were definite about what they were going to do, i dont see how you can say that you are 100%

This is why i made this thread.

On 1/7/2017 at 3:47 PM, RoninJed said:

But but lore...seriously the way people nit pick over crap like this in Warframe is absurd. People through a fit over valkyr prime's lore not making sense...then complain that they can't keep the charger look which really makes no sense at all for it to look like that coming from a kubrow egg and you don't even have to go by lore to see that hehe.

Valk and the Charger are two completely different things.

There is lore in the game that states information that the Prime looks to be ignoring.

There is no lore in the game that states any info that the charger is ignoring. Zero. No one can make any claim that the Charger is breaking any lore because no lore exists.

In fact, when you breed kubs what do you do? You put in gene samples into the egg which is what it looks like you are doing when you are making the charger. There is difference that the samples are partly grown from a warframe but the creation of this pet follows the standard creation of Kubs.

The only info we have shows that this process is fine.

Meanwhile Overwatch a AAA game that gets great reviews and is the new greatest game ever has next to no lore what so ever (lore stuff like why are those people even fighting in the first place) and fans say they don't care and defend it...people these days...I give up:facepalm:

Overwatch an arena shooter (basically street fighter with guns), outside of needing the basic setup for the fight theres no reason for anything else.

Plus, there is lore for that game and they constantly had actual hard lore that states actual solid info compared to WF that throws a few bits that ends up being overshadows by a whole mess of more questions.

BTW, why are you bringin Overwatch into this?

On 1/7/2017 at 7:13 PM, texrei said:

It's called reasonable critics. The Infested Charger model doesn't fit the story, it also can't handle the kubrow animations and armor. Or try to say that it supposed to look like this

HYtqttU.jpg

Such a cutie, isn't he? 

no one is saying dont fix the bugs. And can you answer how it doesnt fit the story using actual story elements?

On 1/7/2017 at 8:28 PM, Xolot said:

Why don't we all wait for DE to make a move and set the things in motion? 

We still haven't even seen the completed new skin, and we still don't know if the Charger skin will cost plat (i doubt it does, but its true it needs quite some work to fix correctly with the kubrow squeleton)

It has just been anounced and people are already jumping at each other's throat without knowing more about it because of possible platinum costs, calm down people, we are Tenno, not Corpus

We are tenno? You mean the characters in the story that are lied to and controlled by everyone constantly?

That's not really a good example. :crylaugh:

13 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

We are tenno? You mean the characters in the story that are lied to and controlled by everyone constantly?

That's not really a good example. :crylaugh:

So you aren't from the Tenno faction? from wich one then? D:

And sadly we are the first ones that try to scam each other by trade chat or keys constantly 

1 hour ago, Mak_Gohae said:

no one is saying dont fix the bugs. And can you answer how it doesnt fit the story using actual story elements?

Everything about Nidus is unique. Helminth looks nothing like anything we saw. So how could his offspring crossed with kubrow be the same as infested grineer guy? It's nonsense!

On 1/9/2017 at 5:57 PM, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Cause you are injected with charger DNA.

All the warframe is doing is providing nutrients needed.

On 1/9/2017 at 0:06 AM, JalakBali said:

You seriously suggesting DE put more stuff in Infested research after Hema fiasco?

Also, lore wise, why would the Tenno research a cosmetic change of appearance of their space dog?

Lab in the ship is not lab in the dojo

On 1/8/2017 at 1:12 AM, -CM-Kinnison said:

The problem is that the Charger is not a proper model to fit the animations for Kubrows, and the Animation team really does not want to have to animate a whole new animal/creature

No... just change it

How do you know the animation team doesnt want to animate stuff?

Edited by Mak_Gohae

My two cents, I mean four cents , I guess.

It doesn't make sense from a lore persepective, a charger being a deformed grineer soldier...

It doesn't look good either due to having a strange skeleton that can't fit armors properly.

It's confusing to have a pet that looks exactly like a very common enemy type you are fighting all the time.

If you really love having a pet charger, there's already a syndicate consumable that allows you to have one you can use.

All in all, I guess a free optional skin with the old design could be a good compromise... But personally, I will have zero regrets when it gets a proper, well animated and unique skin instead of looking like a placeholder model.

Edited by Tenno_Cobra

On 1/9/2017 at 6:41 PM, MadMattProulx said:

Add in the fact that none of the pet armors scale with it and there are many clipping issues with the thing's head as it is. It says PLACEHOLDER to me. Which is what the devs actually said in the devstream also. But, they're all liars. WAAAAA

Can you link to the spot where they said it was placeholder?

On 1/11/2017 at 11:33 AM, Xolot said:

So you aren't from the Tenno faction? from wich one then? D:

And sadly we are the first ones that try to scam each other by trade chat or keys constantly 

See! Even the tenno play themselves, everyone uses them!

On 1/11/2017 at 1:30 PM, texrei said:

Everything about Nidus is unique. Helminth looks nothing like anything we saw. So how could his offspring crossed with kubrow be the same as infested grineer guy? It's nonsense!

Since when did the charger become a Nidus' offspring?

Devstream 85 at 15:30 minute mark, they talk about reusing art and rushing things to get it out quicker and they then go on to show sketches of what they plan for the helminth charger and having a relationship with Nidus. It doesn't even have to be specifically stated, its obvious what a placeholder is, and its obvious what their longterm intention was. But you gots to haves what yous wants cuz.. you wants it.

Edited by MadMattProulx

As I have seen through the 3 pages, OP wants the pet to be not as intended (growing an infested grineer out of a combination of kubrow egg and different strain of infestation sounds wrong, doesn't it?), is 100% sure that if the default charger would be a skin, it would be plat-only, and heavily denies that "[PH] (placeholder) Helminth Charger" model is a placeholder.
Welp, I guess that the probability of lore, community and devs simultaneously submitting to your wishes is highly unlikely.

On 06.01.2017 at 11:57 PM, Katinka said:

The problem is that it is a Charger of clearly Grineer origin made from a Kubrow egg and that the standard Charger model stretched over the Kubrow skeleton and animations looks wrong. 

That's, like, your personal opinion, man. I think it looks awesome.

On 1/11/2017 at 9:30 PM, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Last time I checked a charger wasn't part of the grineer faction.

Yes it isnt. What are you trying to say?

On 1/11/2017 at 9:47 PM, Tenno_Cobra said:

My two cents, I mean four cents , I guess.

It doesn't make sense from a lore persepective, a charger being a deformed grineer soldier...

It doesn't look good either due to having a strange skeleton that can't fit armors properly.

It's confusing to have a pet that looks exactly like a very common enemy type you are fighting all the time.

If you really love having a pet charger, there's already a syndicate consumable that allows you to have one you can use.

All in all, I guess a free optional skin with the old design could be a good compromise... But personally, I will have zero regrets when it gets a proper, well animated and unique skin instead of looking like a placeholder model.

1.Where in lore does it state this?

2. Yes, no one is saying to not fix the bugs

3. there are plenty of temp pets in the game. Plus this pet has a different name and doesnt take dmg. It shouldn't take long to figure this out.

4. temp is not perm

So if you have no issue... what's with all the questions?

On 1/12/2017 at 0:01 PM, -CM-Kinnison said:

watch the last Devstream when they talked to Geoff about making a new model instead of using the Kubrow animations

time frame?

The OP is correct on the timeline, that it wasn't a placeholder and that the "charger as pet" concept was intended.

It was rushed and needed polishing (animation, armour sets, etc) but that it used the charger model wasn't a mistake or placeholder. When first released and people complained, Steve said (on twitter) wtte "charger was the concept". A little while later he said (on twitter) wtte "on second thoughts we might touch it up". In the following devstream they showed the new art and concept they'd *since* created.

Other comments from devs (e.g. Rebecca) also imply the charger was the concept, that it was put it in due to long standing requests specifically for a charger pet. Sure, it was rushed to fit it in with all the infested stuff that came out with Nidus. They put it in the game in the cheapest nastiest way possible. However that's a separate issue from the question of what the original concept was. The implementation was rushed, the concept/design was deliberate/intended.

Edited by schilds

4 minutes ago, CptKrieg said:

They just need to do it the way that Kavat Kubrow hybrids went, anything that was bred before the updated model keep the old look and you just breed a new kubrow when the update comes out

or they could just offer up the grineer charger skin for free for all those who have already got the charger (or currently hatching it) so that people who like the charger can keep the charger and those that don't can go with the updated model.   It can then be made a plat item for new helminth chargers if they like...not that I think it would be a good skin, the modelling doesn't even work with the skeleton properly. 

Edited by LSG501

On 1/12/2017 at 7:47 PM, Steadfast said:

Devstream 85 at 15:30 minute mark, they talk about reusing art and rushing things to get it out quicker and they then go on to show sketches of what they plan for the helminth charger and having a relationship with Nidus. It doesn't even have to be specifically stated, its obvious what a placeholder is, and its obvious what their longterm intention was. But you gots to haves what yous wants cuz.. you wants it.

No, Steve says that it made it look like they were reusing art because things were rushed and no completed.

Then Scott makes a joke about people getting mad at reusing art because DE has done this a whole mess of times.

And it's not placeholder. I already linked a tweet from Steve saying it wasnt and i could post Reb's post saying it wasnt too if you want.

On 1/13/2017 at 0:40 AM, texrei said:

Helminth's, not Nidus'

And what is Helminths? There are so many things in that room. The chair you get it from is half tech half infested.

Isn't Helminth the virus? Not the fish, not the chair, not the plants, but an intelligent, aware, group of tiny lifeforms that live within, colonise, and modify larger entities - much the same way we build cities and modify our environment. Helminth itself is what is injected into you. Helminth carries blueprints for other organisms/entities and the tools to shape them. It obviously has a sense of humour and bizarre aesthetic that (when provided with material in the form of a Kubrow egg) it exercised to construct its new colony in the form of a Charger :-P.

I didn't like the original Charger but I understand some people do. There should be a more doggy/kitty version of the pet (skins) that look more like something out of "The Thing." instead of an infested runner with 4 legs and no face. Then DE can make more armor sets for the pets that add more infested-ness to the look of the dogs/cats. More money for the DEvs, more enjoyment for the Tenno... win-win.

What I think the infested pets should look similar to:

concept12.jpgconcept03.jpg

What I think the Normal Pets should Look simialr too:

latest?cb=20111206010442

GdyESdk.jpghellhound_by_rishi_raj-d56937w.jpg

Sorry, no cat examples.

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

18 hours ago, schilds said:

Isn't Helminth the virus? Not the fish, not the chair, not the plants, but an intelligent, aware, group of tiny lifeforms that live within, colonise, and modify larger entities - much the same way we build cities and modify our environment. Helminth itself is what is injected into you. Helminth carries blueprints for other organisms/entities and the tools to shape them. It obviously has a sense of humour and bizarre aesthetic that (when provided with material in the form of a Kubrow egg) it exercised to construct its new colony in the form of a Charger :-P.

My theory is that it's just a standard Infested colony that they locked off from connecting with other infested.

The Orokin did use the infested as a weapon until they lost control.