The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else notice no one really talks anymore?

theninthchevron

Funnily enough, after having picked up no new friends in Warframe in forever, in the last week I had multiple people friend me between trading and farming the arena battles on Sedna.  Had a couple of pretty new people trade with me and they were asking all sorts of questions about how things work.  And then on Sedna, found a good group and we ended up chatting quite a bit. 

On 1/9/2017 at 8:42 AM, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

This happens in every game I play. When a lot of new players join, a lot of them are sociable casuals. After a while, they leave and the ones who keep playing are mostly antisocial grinders lol

Remember the Q species from Star Trek? They all stopped talking to each other, because there was nothing left to discuss as they already knew absolutely everything.

+1 for reference to the Q-continuum.

Cuz

e25f476aeda1770a86bdba42161176efe6669fee

On a little more serious note, I'm friendly in every game and I chat a lot, I don't care if people don't say much. What annoys me is people who never respond or reply to anything, don't use teamwork or communicate. Its all, jump in game finish objective 30 seconds over mission completed. If you're that much of a loner f*ck, select the solo option. 

Edited by MadMattProulx

In writing I am very often communicate with others but the majority of peoples cannot say a simple hi or hello so the communication is mostly limited on clan or friend groups where you can talk as much with friends as much you like.

Pubs are different and there are many peoples whom use skype or headphone for communication those types what I didn't like neither. Times changing and personalities coming and going. There are peoples whom like to talk others not so you need just find those whom friendly enough and talkative enough for your desire.

On 2017. 01. 09. at 2:55 PM, Yaerion said:

There were less people in the first days, the Community was more intimate.

Now there are tons of infos on the Wiki (people don't need the others as much as before), and also more people, which implies more bad encounters or people who don't care about being nice.

I guess the "good relationships" now are to be found in the Clans, rather than in the Public channels.

However, I don't think that the good and nice people who are willing to talk friendly are all gone. They are just not trying anymore, to avoid insults when giving advice or they just follow the flow "don't talk and focus on the mission", by habit.

I say, if you want more cool interactions, just start the conversations yourself in the squad/Region channel. If there are nice people, they will reply to you ;)

I guess this situation is inevitable when the playerbase grows, especially when you're an old player, and you see a game change so much, and many people leave, replaced by hordes of newer ones.

The real Invasions were not where you believed, Tenno...

The System needs you.

Those peoples not died out. There are some living specimen but overall you are right.

I don't chat much, tbh, because of my peripherals.. I got a Razer Nostromo + Ratt MMO7 (google these), a gazillion buttons at my fingertips so no need for keyboard. Even writing a single sentence is often a death sentence due to the time involved...

I often engage in voice chat with random people. Once had a team with a German who loved MLP, a trucker in Canada, and a Australian who does residential wildlife removal. Best conversation ever! I about died when the German heard my wife in the background watching My Little Pony and he yelled in a very heavy German accent, "I FU**'IN LOVE PONIES!"

Most of the time someone brings up something to talk about, if it's something I can relate, I'll respond back. Most times, the chat is "wtf noob ress me" or something along the lines of "omg everyone is so bad". Nothing constructive to reply to there.

The times that we had a conversation going, it's mostly about the new content that's been released, or just idle chatter when leveling gear. A few times I've met some nice people that had invited me to their clan since most clans I join go inactive within a few weeks. So a hit or miss, nothing gained, nothing lost.

Eh I stopped using voice chat because the instances of running into the teen who thought they were a DJ started to become too often... I mean modern rap is bad enough to me but then make it super low quality as it comes through a cheap microphone..uhgh.

I will occasionally type in chat specially if it is a bunch of newer players whom got grouped up with me, but I also run the mission at their pace instead of being like those WoF Embers whom can't get the mission done fast enough then complains about everyone being slow.....

Yes, not many chatters in EU but NA has more more talkative people overall. I talk when I need, since english isn't my first and sometimes weird pronounciations come out of my mouth. And of course the teens making weird noises every 3 seconds. Then the mute button kicks in. 

The fact is, on consoles at least, most people don't simply use mics.

Edited by (XB1)DarkESTZoul

Nothing to really talk about if it's a quick sortie or mission I only see talking in Lor/ jv which is totally understandable but I mean chances are you'll all just leave the lobby immediately after mission and never see each other again :\ Also big reason is that the chat system horrible on PS4 / X1 idk how it is on PC but takes so long to navigate chat in consoles that You'll die from typing anything more than "lol" "hi" or "k", n voice chat? Mehhh lol not comfortable voice chatting in WF with how fast things go from good to bad in a wf mission, lots of arguments

Edited by (PS4)Poloboyzz93

Text chat on ps4 seems limited to "20?" when doing a leveling/farming defense mission. Usually I'm in party chat with my clan (even when I'm playing a different game entirely). Couple days ago I had my mic on in a public match and it didn't end well. Started polite enough, then he tried insulting me. I didn't get mad which seemed to make him mad. He left after saying the weirdest "insult" I ever heard "I have more plat than you." I told him congratulations. I love talking to my clanmates.  Met them while talking to people in public matches on Helena before they changed the starchart (I miss the old Helena)

I get in groups all the time with people typing or even on the mic constantly. Sorties can be pretty quiet sometimes but if its a pretty intense / hard modifier one (corpus sortie 3 with reduced energy or something) then there typically is all gg's after.

Play on EU, most of the time I go pug'in it's either Germans or French that will not speak English no matter how hard you try, or its someone from the ex soviet countries that at least try to tell me they can't understand English.

Most talk I've coaxed out of pug is the odd drunk Russian that is very talkative but can't for a cohesive sentence to save their life :)

On 08/01/2017 at 3:37 PM, Barbas1986 said:

well, usually because everyone is focusing on the objetive, normally i talk and others talk too when we are in a elevator or some place less dangerous

it's dangerous outside of elevator????

Having trivial yet funny conversation vs avoiding self-righteous dumbass/salty random, the choice is here.

DE isn't to blame, a toxic minority is.

And to be honest i hate to talk/write while playing, it distract me a lot.

it has to do with the fact 

pc players use programs for voice chats so no need to type in game as xD don't think you want to go down trying to tell someone they got a nice fashion frame

console players using party chats for same reason.

so ya xD you got choice between being dead to chat, use voice chat feature, use various actions to convey what you mean.

:3 like how some people crouch afew times when get into missions as way to say hi

9 hours ago, (PS4)forChristsake said:

Text chat on ps4 seems limited to "20?" when doing a leveling/farming defense mission. Usually I'm in party chat with my clan (even when I'm playing a different game entirely). Couple days ago I had my mic on in a public match and it didn't end well. Started polite enough, then he tried insulting me. I didn't get mad which seemed to make him mad. He left after saying the weirdest "insult" I ever heard "I have more plat than you." I told him congratulations. I love talking to my clanmates.  Met them while talking to people in public matches on Helena before they changed the starchart (I miss the old Helena)

I miss the old Helena tile so much, that was my favourite farming location, mostly because we'd all pick a couple of the spawn rooms and then every once in a while we'd rotate, it would be a game of "who can stop the spawn waves fastest" also I just remember doing it a lot cause I needed those damn plastids