Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will D E one day get a dedicated server?

hussama

i've been having this problem a lot lately; people just leaves after accepting the next 5 waves and my progress is completly loss, if i got lucky the conection just fails and i can relog but i wont gain any affinity (not to say that  when a host leaves and i am not the one it chooses to be the new host it just send me back to the orbiter)  and before december this wasn't a problem but now it happens a lot more often, and i can´t host since i'm from a foreing country, and the conclave is a nightmare because there you can see how bad gets the conection issue, i can only play solo to avoid lossing everything in 5 of 20 missions, but i wanna read if there is someone else with this kind of issues or it is just me... i love warframe i really do but sometimes love hurts...

sorry i hate that response so much. Im fairly sure everyone knows that they cost money but its not like DE dosnt make money to be put forward to dedicated servers. It woould get them an enormous amount of players if they did get dedicated servers.

The Player to player system  works pretty well most of the time, and dedicated servers cost a whole lot of money.

So the answer is probably no for the main PvE game. Conclave on the other hand could be possible, but there already is the ability for players to become server hosts there.

26 minutes ago, pewpew. said:

sorry i hate that response so much. Im fairly sure everyone knows that they cost money but its not like DE dosnt make money to be put forward to dedicated servers. It woould get them an enormous amount of players if they did get dedicated servers.

I don't think marketing a game with the phrase "HAS DEDICATED SERVERS" sounds as cool as  "HAS SHINY NEW COOL STUFF"

Just now, Dumfing said:

I don't think marketing a game with the phrase "HAS DEDICATED SERVERS" sounds as cool as  "HAS SHINY NEW COOL STUFF"

You would be surprised how many people i have seen play the game then end up leaving because its peer to peer. "Shiny new cool stuff" is great and all but not that good if you cant get a constant connection to the game and players.

Just now, pewpew. said:

You would be surprised how many people i have seen play the game then end up leaving because its peer to peer. "Shiny new cool stuff" is great and all but not that good if you cant get a constant connection to the game and players.

more people would leave because of lack of new content

First of all Both viable the better connection and the new content. It is a free to play game and It is already generate enough money. Secondly their shared bought up and they got a plenty of money. They invested from that money a motion capture System and some kind of additions plus new workforce.

But still that money is should be enough for a Year or three connectivity and there is smaller companies whom have servers despite their lack of budget.

A better connection would generate more happy player and already have content which keep the players interested. A new player if the community is not jerk and no teach them rush the game should be a good option.

46 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

That goes to development. Servers cost a lot of money, money that is needed for other things. Servers also aren't important enough at the moment.

There is almost 5 years old the game if we count the closed beta times too. The server years ago a thing and what you Think what is much more important than get some server finally? Already have a lot of content and this not takes that much money. Depend on where they estabilish or rent servers.

1 hour ago, pewpew. said:

How much of an revenue increase are you saying adding dedicated server FARMs ( you are speaking of a server setup that would host missions for the players on multiple continents... that's farms) would give them exactly?

Most of the F2P games hosting tend to have a suite of games that their chosen farm hosts for and for good reason.

Hosting is expensive as hek.

I'm not saying hosting wouldn't be nifty... I just don't see it giving the revenue lift many players seem to think it will.