The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary Regular Weapon Usage Pseudo-Poll

Unus

6 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Dex Pixia, with a Strun Wraith for the mod base.

I have mostly just been using my Pox and either no primary or a primary that needs leveling.

Eh, a Strun Wraith is a Strun Wraith, even under a heavy coating of pixie dust.

1 minute ago, Unus said:

Eh, a Strun Wraith is a Strun Wraith, even under a heavy coating of pixie dust.

Perhaps, but I almost never use it as a shotgun. The only reason I am using it is for the status chance (when I do need to use it directly) and the higher damage potential on shotguns vs. rifles for Dex Pixia (due to Blaze and Primed Point Blank).

2 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Perhaps, but I almost never use it as a shotgun. The only reason I am using it is for the status chance (when I do need to use it directly) and the higher damage potential on shotguns vs. rifles for Dex Pixia (due to Blaze and Primed Point Blank).

And that statistical-chance use is what earns it it's spot in the. . .uh. . .poll? count-down? contest? I don't truly know anymore.

Edited by Unus

3 minutes ago, Iceheart125 said:

Aye. Got a +damage +infested damage riven, so it's even better for what it does.

Anything with a pierce like that old battle-axe has is good for fested slayin, but a pierce with multiple rounds traveling in a bee's nest pattern? Only dis old girl has what folks crave.!

47 minutes ago, Unus said:

Arr, another point to the plaque-covered blunt-bow then! Might consider a secondaries one if I can root out what this era's "go-to-guns" are for hip-holstering.

/coughcough/ pretty sure at least  2 of the Top 4 of the "hip holsters" are Sonicor and Akstiletto Prime. If I had to press that further I'd want to say Lex Prime and Vaykor Marelok...

4 minutes ago, Rolunde said:

/coughcough/ pretty sure at least  2 of the Top 4 of the "hip holsters" are Sonicor and Akstiletto Prime. If I had to press that further I'd want to say Lex Prime and Vaykor Marelok...

I do recall high-praise being lumped upon the Vaykor Marelock and the Sonicor, as well as a few positive murmurings about the Lex Prime, but the Akstilletto? Huh.

5 minutes ago, Beggining said:

Akstilleto Prime has decent crit chance and can easily reach 100% status. With its fire rate, it is ideal for proccing and damage.

Huh, an unexpected candidate to say the least. I'm getting old, old enough to remember folks fighting tooth and nail to acquire Brakk parts.

1 minute ago, Irixa said:

4th and 5th - Dread and Soma Prime

So it seems the emotional gut-slicer is looking more and more like a massive crowd-pleaser. It's the critical hits, isn't it? The red-death. Might also be one of the eldest weapons that still sees Favorited use that can still be acquired.

3 minutes ago, Unus said:

So it seems the emotional gut-slicer is looking more and more like a massive crowd-pleaser. It's the critical hits, isn't it? The red-death. Might also be one of the eldest weapons that still sees Favorited use that can still be acquired.

That, but also because I like Spy missions and using Ivara when I feel like doing a solo survival :P

and yes, people love em crits in this game

1 minute ago, Irixa said:

That, but also because I like Spy missions and using Ivara when I feel like doing a solo survival :P

and yes, people love em crits in this game

Ah, yes. That would probably explain why it's innately apart of my "Wabbit-Season" Covert-Operations arsenal.

I may be an "Elemental Toolboxer", but I can appreciate a good meaty punch to the guts or two. Once upon a time, there was a handy little Infested zapper who ruled the world because of it. Wonder what happened..

1 hour ago, Unus said:

I do recall high-praise being lumped upon the Vaykor Marelock and the Sonicor, as well as a few positive murmurings about the Lex Prime, but the Akstilletto? Huh.

The akstilleto, especially the prime, when built right outperform both the lex prime and vaykor marelock for high armor enemies by an incredible amount. I'd say they're top class, the only sidearm I trust more for sortie and the like for status spray of blast, corrosive, and or viral.

48 minutes ago, Iceheart125 said:

The akstilleto, especially the prime, when built right outperform both the lex prime and vaykor marelock for high armor enemies by an incredible amount. I'd say they're top class, the only sidearm I trust more for sortie and the like for status spray of blast, corrosive, and or viral.

SNAZZZZY. I HAVE been living in a cave then! I'll have to run this sucker through the old calculator and see how she ticks.

22 minutes ago, ThunderZsolt said:

Vaykor Hek all the way.

I use Rakta cernos for stealth, and soma prime for bosses with weakspots (like Lephantis)

I wonder how much more time it takes to organize all these data instead of googling "how to make a poll"

THANKS!

Well, you see, I am a stubborn arse-bag who likes to get really involved with participants, absorb all the details you have to provide, treat you like human beings essentially.

If I just brewed up a poll mechanically, how would I ever hope to get all the details and understand you folks in this manner?

15 minutes ago, TrashSpider said:

TFW no one put prisma grakata. 

Another critoholic I see! Another one up!

And with that, I'll see you folks in the mornin, leave your votes here. . . or don't. . . whichever happens to strike you as fun. To be honest, I was expecting this to die on the front page in minutes, seeing as folks seemed to be busy in the complaints department. So. .. . uh. . . .hurrah??

1 hour ago, Unus said:

It probably helps that it is a Bow that slices your enemies in half.

Let me say that again, because it is that much fun. It is a Bow, That Slices Your Enemies in Half, FTW.

32 minutes ago, TrashSpider said:

TFW no one put prisma grakata. 

v-hello neighbor!-v

7 hours ago, Rolunde said:

Ok, I'll go ahead and sort of "discount" Soma Prime as the 4th of the top 3-4 that we might not be counting here.

And then call out my "5th" as Braton Prime.

and a close 6th is the Prisma Grakata.

There's a lot of great weapons but those are 2 that I'll just grab off the weapon rack to have some fun while still getting the job done most of the time. 

p.s. if I could count the Lex Prime as a Primary instead of a Secondary I'd totally move it over and might just have picked it, haha

While the Soma Prime rates as a technically better weapon I choose to use both Braton Prime and Prisma Grakata much more often these days. They're usually plenty enough gun to get the job done. ;-)

Spoiler

I don't want to keep this getting too off topic talking about the Akstiletto Prime but it seems to be a perfect storm weapon of Crit, Status, Damage, Fire Rate and Accuracy.

Whatever you like in a gun, AP has probably got you covered. So it combines being technically useful with broad fan appeal.

Sure no one gun is perfect for everyone, but it's still widely well regarded. 

Edited by Rolunde