Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How good is maxed rank Quick Thinking

(PSN)CaptainIMalik

Question

23 answers to this question

Converting health damage to Energy damage at 240% Efficiency means that 1 point of Energy can take 2.4 damage, as opposed to HP taking damage at a 1:1 ratio, not accounting for Armor.

For example, if an Ivara with a maxed QT and 700 Energy reaches 1 Health, her Energy can absorb another 1,680 damage before running out, assuming she isn't running Zenurik or spamming Energy Restores.

Basically, QT gives you an emergency health reserve equal to x*2.4 (with x being your current energy) whenever your health drops to 1, which is more often than not equal to or greater than your modded max health if you're using a caster frame.

Edited by Dreddeth
Typographical error.

IMO, the "best" thing about is being able to see where you would have died but actually didn't.

And then hopefully taking that info and getting better (at avoiding damage) haha.

As Dreddeth showed it is a really good source of effective health.

Until you run into those wonderful Leech  Eximus units and your energy is just Gone. This can be a problem with Infested pretty easily since they can spawn so many of them all at once.

Otherwise, I've found it to be pretty useful on both Nova and Volt, since they both have large energy pools but low armor.

Cheers.
~R~

I make heavy use of Primed Flow and Quick Thinking, taking it over Vitality on nearly all my favorite frames.

The stagger is really only an issue against very power and fast firing enemies, but you shouldn't be trying to face tank those anyway.

Its also a very useful protection against bleed and toxin dot procs, just watch your energy levels. No stagger in these cases either.

I only use it on frames that have very low armor. Mind you, QT doesn't allow you to facetank enemies past lvl20, but it might save you if you accidentally get hit.

For example Mirage with maxed redirection, primed flow and quick thinking can survive a (basically unavoidable) rocket from a level 100 bombard. She is relatively safe from all other damage sources while jumping around, because enemies aim for the clones.

Another example is Nova - she isn't really in danger when enemies are slowed by molecular prime, but when a nullifier shows up, or something goes wrong, that extra second before she goes down is often a life saver.

Be careful with the stun effect though. A tenno standing still is a dead tenno. However, if you can telegraph well enough when will QT activate (like see a bombard shooting a rocket), you can avoid the stun in several ways:

• doing a dodge roll
  • casting a warframe ability which has knockdown immunity frames
  • block with melee
  • some melee stance animations override the stun animation (also useful against other knockdowns)

1 hour ago, NativeKiller said:

Q.T + P. Flow is really, really, really good for caster frames if you ask me.

That combo evens lets Loki survive getting grazed by a tender summer breeze.

Yes but there is something rare happening now. My vauban died with full energy (638). He only lost 225 (his base energy) and then I died with around 413 energy remaining.

It seems quick thinking now affects only to frame's base energy.  I think this is a bug. And I posted it on bugs section.

Take care when using it.

Edited by ArionLightning

23 minutes ago, ArionLightning said:

Yes but there is something rare happening now. My vauban died with full energy (638). He only lost 225 (his base energy) and then I died with around 413 energy remaining.

It seems quick thinking now affects only to frame's base energy.  I think this is a bug. And I posted it on bugs section.

Take care when using it.

Good thing that I don't actually play Warframe anymore. :3

Edited by NativeKiller

35 minutes ago, ArionLightning said:

Take care when using it.

No it means you took so much damage that even if quick thinking had activated, you still would have died. 

On topic: quick thinking is OK. Considering shields are garbage for the most part, and vitality is the best. But most of the time you can't get your health pool to the same EHP as a quick thinking energy pool. The stun really makes it so when you need it to trigger, you're screwed anyways because of the that ~1s. Perfect example is against a surprise hyekka master or scorch.

I use it as my only source of survivability on my banshee, and it works great as long as you keep moving, but as soon as you stop at high levels you will die. I have personally used this on a several hour mot survival when I was bored and was fine all the way through.

3 hours ago, Guy6869 said:

I have personally used this on a several hour mot survival when I was bored and was fine all the way through.

Several hours? I don't think any mods make a difference for banshee (or any frame at all) at this point.

It's nice to have but not the holy grail some people claim it is.

It's just plain better on squishies than any other survivability mod because their basestats aren't really worth it.

I find QT shines in medium content level like arcane grace does, if enemies starts hitting hard, it can save you few times, but most likely you still gonna die. Assuming you use it on low armour frame.

On high armour frames i find it as a waste of mod slot, like chroma inaros, sooner your team will start dieing left and right rather than you anyways.

Like others, I only use it on a few frames that have no/low armor.   And even then only on frames that are likely to get into trouble in the first place.  I don't on Nova because I keep Nova as far from danger as I can get. 

But say with Nyx, I seem to always be in the midst of danger.   That stagger and 2 points of health is my reminder that A) I done forked up and B) need to turn on Assimilate ASAfreakingP.

7 hours ago, Helljack84 said:

Several hours? I don't think any mods make a difference for banshee (or any frame at all) at this point.

It's nice to have but not the holy grail some people claim it is.

It's just plain better on squishies than any other survivability mod because their basestats aren't really worth it.

eh you'd be surprised at the number of times I had survived with a sliver of energy left after a single random bullet from out of nowhere has hit me and I go down to 2 health and about 10-20 energy, its both terrifying and exhilarating at the same time when it happens.